It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranger shot, killed at Mount Rainier National Park (Park Closed Until Further Notice)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

Yes, they have found him, that much is clear, but, they can't officially say so until someone formally identifies him.

Keep checking the BBC link I posted, they are usually quick to update.

Edit: Here, save you gong back a page, lol

Benjamin Colton Barnes 'found dead' in Mount Rainer park

edit on 2/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
as soon as i heard that the guy had military training my suspicion went up, why do these "nut jobs" all ways have to be former military? makes you curious as to what they do to these men and women. as far as no helicopters, they are allowed to use drones now! nice way to test out flying assassin in our backyard! probably improbable but never know.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull

Originally posted by shushu
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

Scum bag Meth cookers...RIP Ranger !

Sgt. William Spear
I.C.E.
January 1, 2012

Read more: www.odmp.org...

Dude this was a "hero" in need of help. At least they are "heroes" till they become a burden or hurt someone due to the crap that made them "heroes" What the hell is the "it's gotta be about drugs" crap? More folks go whack sober or on something a Dr gave them than all the "drugs" out there ever could cause. SHEESH!

Yes, A young man with PTSD. Deployments in Iraq 2007-8. He must have only been 19 y/o or younger. SO sad.

But at least some brainless ATS members got a chance to vent at another scapegoat!

Deny Ignorance.
LMAO.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
yeah i read that and i was just wondering why the last sentence says it was still being searched. if it ends up not being him or there is any sort of items he could have left somewhere i`m imagining? although it says they found the weapons in his truck, maybe it wasn`t everything. thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For some reason, I believe a Drone found this mans body....

They said he was 2 hours away from anyone who could reach his body... So that means they found it by air? Possible drone?
edit on 2-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superjesse13132000
Maybe for this person the revolution has started. All I see everytime any person fights law enforcment, is the rest of us so called freedom loving, constitutionalists who always recall the revolutionary war its causes, and ideals of our founding fathers, being the first ones calling for the death and exicution of this person, always believing what the media tells you is the truth even if the facts and eye witnesses say otherwise.

I would hate to think of what would happen if Paul Revere rode today, I really think, hell I know, that almost everyone down to the last men who call themselves oathkeepers, revolutionaries, freemen, malitias, etc, etc, would all do nothing absolutly nothing.

Paul Revere or anybody he was associated with didn't ever shoot a park ranger and escape into a forest. And yes back in 1775 anybody who did that would be an outlaw, and right-thinking men would set out to capture or kill him.

edit on 2-1-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I personally don't see a conspiracy on this one, but also slightly from personal experience. Although I'm not close to him and guy I went to school with is related to the ranger that died. She was his sister-in-law, heard about this from him before I ever saw it in the news or read it on here. Very sad when someone makes a very bad decision and a young family has to suffer for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Iraq war is like the atomic bomb. Its radiation is killing people even after its over. This is proof humans cant handle war. Its not in our nature. We are being manipulates and stupified.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This only shows that more research and money needs to be put into recognizing and treating PTSD. If we are going to have wars, there is no way to avoid this type of mental illness. Although it is commonly a product of war, PTSD can also stem from any other traumatic events.

Don't hate the psycho killer veteran. This is the fault of the military and veterans affairs. Someone let this man on the streets in this condition. Probably, to save a few dollars from the federal budget.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would personally like to get both sides of this story before I make any kind of assumption, We have the Laws side, which is usually made up, but has anyone taken the time to figure out the supposed perpetrators side of it ?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.tri-cityherald.com...

Here is the article from our part of the state...... hope it may help clarify a few things for everyone.

My heart goes out to the families involved with their losses.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
aren't there rumors of some kind of secret base around Mt Rainier?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

There are rumors of secret bases around everywhere.. And most of them are a bunch of just that....... rumors. Someone recently was saying that the old Army Depot in Hermiston was being turned into a FEMA camp too... I made a few calls, and the city owns that property and is turning it into a water park of all things............. verify before the rumors get out of hand, maybe?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This was an unfortunate event and again I would like to reiterate my sincere condolences. This was a tragedy on many levels for both the officer and the alleged perpetrator.

I don't think I would have even given this news story a second look (or posted it for that matter) if it were not due to the seemingly coincidental correlation to the Mt. Rainier seismic swarm discovery made by ATS members just before the story broke. I felt it was quite worthy to at least explore the possibility understanding the likelihood that it was going out on an extreme "conspiracy" branch. I will certainly do it again if the situation presents itself.

That said, this story imo is clearly just what it appears to be. I make this conclusion with all the information that was researched and posted by ATS members (thank you btw). Discussions of this type put forth all styles of thinking from outside of the box "there is a conspiracy here" to the more rational "there is nothing to see here" thinkers. This, is the epitome of what makes ATS such a great site imo.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"He was wearing T-shirt, a pair of jeans and one tennis shoe. That was it," Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

hosted.ap.org...

My question is, if he's the survival type, why would he go out into the wilderness in nothing but a T-shirt and jeans and tennis shoes this time of year?

I would personally like to get both sides of this story before I make any kind of assumption, We have the Laws side, which is usually made up, but has anyone taken the time to figure out the supposed perpetrators side of it ?
Same here. The news always has the law's story, but we rarely hear the other side. And when we do, it's completely different.
edit on 2-1-2012 by CraigSnedeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This situation reminds me of the movie the Hunted with , Benicio del toro and Tommy lee jones. You never know what could be happening on that mountain.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Can't, and most likely wont, seeing how the ranger is dead.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
verify before the rumors get out of hand,

Thats funny for this Board.

Originally posted by freespirit1
reply to post by knightrider078

There are rumors of secret bases around everywhere.. And most of them are a bunch of just that....... rumors. Someone recently was saying that the old Army Depot in Hermiston was being turned into a FEMA camp too... I made a few calls, and the city owns that property and is turning it into a water park of all things............. verify before the rumors get out of hand, maybe?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CraigSnedeker

Just a notion, but being he was allegedly involved in an altercation on New Years and it involved alcohol and this incident wasn't that long after the first incident. I am wondering if he was still in a state of inebriation at the this occurred, meaning he kept drinking after the first incident.

Survivalist or not, if you're in that state and you're trying to flee, you'd seemingly not have all your wits about you.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry, but something totally STINKS regarding this entire case. Several things that caught my attention right away, that stand out and make me wonder why we are being lied to. Well, really, I suspect a LOT of this has to do with making yet another case for gun control. Here are a few things that make me call this entire story very fishy:

1. We virtually immediately know all sorts of details about this man. Get an Islamic person in the news, and they don't even mention that the4y ARE Islamic, and you can only tell by the fact of their name and that they were arrested/convicted/etc of aiding terrorists. That much we get only after some time has passed. yet this fellow - white, war veteran - we know all sorts of details about already? This just screams setup.

2. If you watch the video (give it a moment to load on top of the pic) here - Search for Mt. Ranier shooter - you see snow only ONE place - where they located the car. How is it they have show there "chest deep", and NONE at the park entrance? None at the supposed site where the people were held "for their protection" all night? One woman wears nothing but a hoodie. In snowy weather? Really? None of the people look particularly cold, either, and you have to assume some are tourists, and not from the local area.

3. The man was a "strong person of interest", and NOT listed as a suspect, but two rangers apparently tried to chase him and block the road, resulting in one being shot? Why did they chase him at all, or block the road? You don't do that for a "person of interest"!

4. This man is described not only as having "survival skills", but as a war veteran. Now I KNOW that troops being sent to Iraq get special training. Then there is the normal military training that all soldiers get. Basic skills for situations. Yet we are supposed to believe that this man fled a single park ranger, after shooting another one, and that he left behind weapons, supplies, and body armor, and fled into the wilderness wearing only a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers? I have to call BS on that! A trained troop would have shot BOTH rangers, if they shot one, and if he didn't have a coat, taken theirs. He would have then taken his supplies, other weapons, and body armor as well. Then, they find the man face down, apparently a victim of the elements? This does NOT fit what we are told about this alleged shooter.

5. The man has a child, and supposedly threatened the mother with guns? Plus, the ranger shot is a young mother of two small kids? What, one sympathy detail wasn't enough?? This seems over the top.

6. Over 100 (or was it 150) people held overnight, children included, because of ONE shooter? One that left weapons behind? Seems like serious overkill, a tactic to make people angry at this man.

7. The ONLY picture we see of the man is one of him holding a large rifle? That just screams propaganda! The article here - Mt. rainer National Park Shooting - makes a point of mentioning the 2010 law that allows guns in national parks. As stated above, this looks like a manufactured case to promote more gun control, and at the same time demonize war veterans.

8. The initial crime for which he was a "strong person of interest" - Body found at park is that of gunman - was a shooting at a party, supposedly about an "argument over a gun". An argument over a gun? At a New Year's party? By a war veteran? My husband is an active duty soldier, and serve din Iraq and Afghanistan, and he knows several soldiers that actually have head injuries that cause behavior issues. According to him, even those people would be EXTREMELY unlikely to do anything like what we are told this man did. Shooting several people at a party? Fleeing, shooting one ranger (but not both, thus giving away his position)? Leaving behind weapons, supplies, body armor? Found dead in the snow? This is beyond ridiculous. Too many things we are told happened that are very unlikely.

In my opinion, the entire thing is manufactured, for the reasons given.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join