It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO 'deeply concerned' by deadly flu research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

WHO 'deeply concerned' by deadly flu research

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON — The World Health Organization issued a stern warning on Friday to scientists who have engineered a highly pathogenic form of the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus , saying their work carries significant risks and must be tightly controlled.

The United Nations health body said it was "deeply concerned about the potential negative consequences" of work by two leading flu research teams who this month said they had found ways to make H5N1 into a easily transmissable form capable of causing lethal human pandemics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well there it is. Scientists engineering bioweapons to make it more deadly. I work in the health field and I know everyone who is indicated must have their flu shots every season.

Now is there a monetary motive behind make the flu more deadly? Could criminal charges be applicable if someone dies as a result of the deadly flu?

Could it be used as a vector for something much more deadly?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Makes me feel all warm & gooey about Scientists of such stellar character and insight.

They have their "excuses" for doing so but puh-leeze...

To quote a great American philosopher: "I feel a bad moon rising."

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well do you really think this is the most deadly virus they are screwing around with? The WHO also suggested that the flu strain from a few years ago was going to be a pandemic killer...enter stage right the crazy vacination programs that have ramped up exponentially
edit on 30-12-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You will be shooting me with a bullet before a flu shot!

These mad scientists and their crazy experiments has to go wrong eventually, in fact, it has many times. This one sounds pretty scary though. I don't know whether to see it as big pharma propaganda to go get your flu shot, or it these idiots are actually this stupid enough to invent these viruses.

It's probably a bit of both.

Cheers.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Lol, they probably assisted with the research and indirect funding!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

LOL, I would be fired from the hospital if I did something like that
Regular flu shots are no problem, but I am concerned with them making the virus itself much more virulent and contagious.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have never had a flu shot. I can't remember the last time I got the flu and I am close to sixty.
Bee Pollen keeps my immune system high. In fact, I up the dose if I feel like I am starting to come down with something, and, bam, gone.
I used to get cold sores until I started taking bee pollen. No more cold sores.
Great for virility too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The United Nations health body said it was "deeply concerned about the potential negative consequences" of work by two leading flu research teams who this month said they had found ways to make H5N1 into a easily transmissable form capable of causing lethal human pandemics.

why are they even trying stuff like this

mark my words!

we´re going to get bitten in the ass for playing god all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Stephen Kings book, The Stand, starts off with an accident at a top secret disease factory. They shut the plant down, but one guy escapes- and the one guy was enough to enough almost the entire world. It is scary, how fast it would spread. Just contact with someone, and your infected, then everyone you come in contact with could be infected and so on and so on.. and nobody would know it until they are already sick.

I see why they would play with these things-- in a way-- to help combat natural new diseases-- yet there are the sickos doing it just for kicks, to see what potent disease they could come up with.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don't want you losing your job so please disregard my last comment

You seem knowledgeable on this subject, I guess you're confirming what I already suspected, flu shots make flu season worse?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
From your link to the story:

The U.S. National Institutes of Health funded the two research teams to carry out research into how the virus could become more transmissible in humans, with the aim of gaining insight on how to react if the mutation occurred naturally.

Is this really legitimately necessary? It seems unnecessary and dangerous. I really don't see how it would help obtain any information about "how to react" IF the mutation occurs naturally. They are just making sure it happens. It has been assumed that the mutation would occur eventually, but really we don't know, and all they are doing is making it more possible for us to be effected by the disease. Argghhh I don't get people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I don't want you losing your job so please disregard my last comment

You seem knowledgeable on this subject, I guess you're confirming what I already suspected, flu shots make flu season worse?

Unfortunately a possible Bingo. If the dynamic of a vaccine is interaction of the
patient's immune system with a [dormant] virus, thereby gearing the immune system
to resist the real deal when it comes by--- who determines what [dormant] is? Most
of the people I know who had bad reactions to anything probably couldn't deal with
the potency of the [dormant] pathogen, and it stoked them with a real time illness.
I'm probably wrong, I'm not Dennis Miller.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wither we agree or disagree with this research, it is going on. With growing concerns of population control, methods, implications and numbers it is a very dark subject that is important for Earth's sustainability. China has tried to confront this in the open with it's one Child policy. It did cause a lot of pain and suffering with many abortions, abandoned and stolen children. Wars and natural disasters also play their part as natural selection does help build a stronger and more capable species over time, but also with much pain and damage along the way.

We all have to die one day so deal with it. What kind of world do you want your descendants to live in and how do we get their? Either we can talk about in a responsible manner or just let the mistakes continue. Well done to the WHO for bring up this issue

I am not surprised this research is going on, the same kind of things go on in the computer industry as well. There are both technological and financial advantages to these endeavours. When a baron is having trouble with some natives for the next gold mine, bio weapons do provide a cheep and no direct publicity solution. A lot of these new methods do provide unique signatures in there application, but having the resources to provide oversight of development and proving their application still has some catching up to do.

One idea is a body like the IAEA, but for biology. There are a lot of intellectual property and technical issues that need to be sorted out, but basically they have the power to go anywhere and see anything they want. Any resistance is an act of war.
edit on 30-12-2011 by kwakakev because: added comma, changed 'ancestors' to 'descendants'.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Good ol' Doctor Trips.. thanks, and here's yer star!
The stuff killed people in whopper percentages when the
body built up a resistance to the bug's antigen: and it
SHIFTED. Just kept on keeping on until the host gave up.
Makes you wonder if they've already perfected something
really special (and adaptable) by now. If race-specific bio
weapons are alerady admitted to, why not antigen morphers?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

thats a great book and movie.

but on a serious note,, really we didnt see this comming? really now............. just a matter of time before we hear
"" H5N1 bird flu outbreak due to "terrorist" breaking into the CDC, everyone must get a vaccine or you WILL die""

bet this happened before april!! just sayin'!! lol

one love

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think WHO support this flu research so they can sell us all a vaccine for it. From the article:

In its first comment on the controversy, the WHO said: "While it is clear that conducting research to gain such knowledge must continue, it is also clear that certain research, and especially that which can generate more dangerous forms of the virus....has risks."

"Such knowledge"? Such as "engineered a highly pathogenic form of the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus"?

Why "must that continue"?

I think this time, they're not even going to lie about where it came from when there is another "pandemic". They're just going to tell us straight out this time that it came from a lab, give those responsible a verbal slap on the wrist, and offer to "save us" with their vaccine.

They're just saying this to look like the good guys when TSHTF.

edit on 31/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefspicy
"" H5N1 bird flu outbreak due to "terrorist" breaking into the CDC, everyone must get a vaccine or you WILL die""

bet this happened before april!! just sayin'!! lol

Wouldn't suprise me. Check out the picture in the article from March. The guy who appears to be in charge is also the only one who doesn't seem too concerned by it...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
If you are hearing about it now, it has probably existed since 1980.

If the virus were to spread, and there was a cure/vaccine, how much would you pay to get it?
What if the US was inoculated and the rest of the world was not?

Just thinkin.....about all those possibilities.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Iran has enough potential agents in the US that they don't need a nuclear bomb or a super size bird flu to do us grave harm. Iranians have taken over many of our convenience stores, tobacco shops, gas stations, and truck stops. They frequent our grocery stores. All it would take was procurement of the agent and an order from a mullah, then we can get hit from 100 different directions by 100 different virus. I don't think there's many muslims who won't obey a mullah even to their death.

The supreme leader said that an attack would lead to a very strong slap followed by an iron fist. Sure these guys like to talk themselves up, but that dudes eyes didn't lie to us.

I don't see what else he could have at hand. Compared to us, he only has boy scout weapons. We don't sell the big stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join