It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia GOP Will Require Voters To Sign ‘Loyalty Oath’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This is some SERIOUS BS!

Voting for a party instead of individuals is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country, and they want make sure people are FORCED to do so????

This MUST be contested from every angle possible

Something must be done, this is just so completely wrong on every level of everything!

edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited to use source title

You are absolutely correct. the Sheeple continue to blindly support their Party's loyalties without fully understanding the consequences. I wonder how many people will actually sign this oath and if it hold any legal standing.

As sad as this is its not very surprising. Hopefully some people will wake up and think for themselves. Then perhaps they would realize how insane this is.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The republican party is laughable at this point. Whats next, a secret handshake? Its kind of funny, in polling, the number 23 always comes up in a percentage of the people with unshakable loyalty to the GOP. This is the group that stands by them hell or high water, probably the same group that believes the Earth is 6000 years old and says "nucular", instead of nuclear. I have often wondered if this number corresponds with the real illiteracy rate of the country, then it would make sense. Anyone voting for republicans and their agenda is basically voting for corporatism and openly converting the US to a free range slave plantation. It could be argued that this isn't in the average persons best interest, so I lean towards the average republican voter as grossly misinformed if not outright dumb. Of course the pubbies depend on that little fact, no one who thinks critically would consciously vote for them. Probably why they want to shut down PBS and are anti education. The best slaves are dumb ones. Not that the democratic party is much better. The dems are often rented by the top one percent, but the republican party is OWNED by them. The loyalty oath is probably a psychological ploy, to make the useful idiots who vote for them despite the fact that their party threw them under the bus 30 years ago, feel included in something.
edit on 31-12-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What this is really all about imo is Ron Paul. TPTB know RP will end up running as an independent. They're running scared, and want to try to limit the defectors to his cause. It won't work though.

Go Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

If RP runs as an independent, it could split the vote, most likely in Obama's favor. Ralph Nader made the election close enough for Bush to "win" the election (if you subscribe to the myth that he actually won)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This truly shows the republicans are more concerned in stopping Ron Paul than winning the presidential election.
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Dude, why would they want to "stop" Ron Paul? most of his agenda is theirs: lowering taxes on corporations and the rich, eliminating the estate tax, deregulation of the financial markets, getting rid of public education, etc. OK, he might want to end the fed and his foriegn policy is at odds with the usual republican imperialism, but the rest of his platform is a republican wet dream.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You know its funny, Its almost as if your Government doesnt really care for the Constitution or Constitutional rights anymore, not that it has for a long time but at least they tried to keep it secret, now they act as if no'one is looking and no'one else cares anyway

Do you care America? because the person with a chance to act, has the responsibility to act. Take that into account and do something about your Hypocritical nation before you become the laughing stock of Democracy, but at least us other nations now know how not to be when your Government strips you of your fundamental rights.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

A conservative wet dream - something the Republican stopped being ages ago.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I hate to break it to my fellow Ron Paul supporters but there is pretty much no way this corrupt system is going to allow Ron Paul to be elected President and even if is elected President, does anyone really think they would let him take office and even if he took office, how long before they would do what they do to each and every threat to their game? I wish it wasn't true, but we have a lot of self serving dirty rotten liars, cheats, thieves and murderers in control of our government, military industrial complex and corporate 100. Worse, we have/they have a very large percentage of Americans feeding at the public trough as either State or Federal Employees, Welfare and Aid Recipients, and lets not forget Americas No# 1 Growth Industry "Law Enforcement-Judicial-Prison System". Maybe I am too old to dream and to believe in Santa Claus but I don't see a resolution of the strangle hold these Slave Owners have on the 60% of us and at no time did I believe One Man was going to be able to overcome what our enemies have spent hundreds of years working to build. Frankly, my plans has been to sail away and get as far from the USA and any large population area as possible..live off the grid while the collapse and reaction to the collapse turns nasty. (I dare not be more explicit) but the bottom line is all this crap has got to go one way or the other; either a complete nose dive into authoritarian collective debt slavery or a bloody revolution and I don't intend me or mine to be a part of either. Just a few of my thoughts and I will add that I do hope 2012 means something.

edit on 31-12-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I am sorry, I think you are under the misconception that America is a democracy. I hope this video helps.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

"Its called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it"

Too true, I forgot for a moment there what Democracy actually means.

Thanks for reminding me

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

You know its funny, Its almost as if your Government doesnt really care for the Constitution or Constitutional rights anymore, not that it has for a long time but at least they tried to keep it secret, now they act as if no'one is looking and no'one else cares anyway

Do you care America? because the person with a chance to act, has the responsibility to act. Take that into account and do something about your Hypocritical nation before you become the laughing stock of Democracy, but at least us other nations now know how not to be when your Government strips you of your fundamental rights.

So where are you from, Dionysius? Just curious.

Anyway, this is preposterous, and meaningless, but I certainly wouldn't sign the oath, I doubt they could make people.

Funny, when McCain won the GOP nomination last season, I could not vote for such a man so I voted for another party, as so many others did also apparently. Which was my right, thankfully or not.

The GOP should take a lesson and make sure they pick someone the people actually want, (if it even matters.)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I live in a country just about as ****** up as yours, used to be called Great Britian but everyone just keeps to Britian now, and we are walking down the same road as you are but lagging behind and trying as hard as we can to catch up

Happy New Year

Edit: sorry just getting a bit angry at the state we have put ourselves in, I suppose its time to go and celebrate the end of the year and forget about all our troubles.

Seriously, have a Happy New Year

edit on 31-12-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You still vote in private so it does not matter what you sign. I am regestered democrate but if I feel like voting republican I can.
I dont understand what this could accomplish.
I also thought that voting was a choice. Doesnt this amount to them telling you who to vote for?
How could they enforce this when no one knows who you vote for?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And really, how many dems do they think are going to go out and vote in this primary anyway.
Two of the candidates wont even be on the ballot here because they did not get enough signatures.
Gingrich and Perry wont be on the ballot here in Virginia. Perry is sueing the state.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
This truly shows the republicans are more concerned in stopping Ron Paul than winning the presidential election.

How does this show support or non support for any candidate? I dont get how this shows Paul as a threat. And a threat to what for that matter?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Don't you realize?????

"Do nothing" is a vast IMPROVEMENT!!! Far superior to doing the WRONG thing!

So, if Paul is elected, and only accomplishes deadlock and in-fighting, then I'll consider that a WIN! I'll be happy with 4 years of vetoes and government accomplishing absolutely nothing. In fact, if someone ran on that campaign platform alone, I would vote for them.

We need a whole class of Representatives to say, "Send me to Washington, I promise to not do a damn thing, and stand in the way of anybody else trying to do anything." That would help the country tremendously!

Ya, as the price of gas hits ten dollars a gallon from Iran blockading the the Straits of Hormuz and blackmailing the world to get a trickle of oil out, you will be saying how you love a do nothing President. Just one example shows how ludicrous do nothing would be.

Saudi Arabia pledged that if Iran blockaded the strait, that they'd supplement the difference of oil to the world, and immediately after that was stated, the price of oil went down.

Oil Prices FALL as Saudis Trump Iran Threat

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
People who are claiming this is against their "rights"....you have to remember this isn't a Government election. It is a party election that is overseen by the government.

Being part of a party is like being part of a club...if you want to belong, you play by their rules. You already have to be registered as a Republican to vote in the Republican primary...this is just another rule to follow.

You don't have to like it...but it isn't against your rights nor is it "unconstituional".

Wrong. You dont have to be registered republican to vote in the primaries. You only have to be a regestered voter. You dont even have to claim any party to regester to vote. You can claim allegiance if you want to but you dont have to claim allegiance in order to vote or to regester. That is why this is so ridiculious.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Why even bother voting if you have to sign a loyalty oath??? One of the reasons why I'm an INDEPENDENT voter.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Republican party is a private organization so sure they can require you to sign an oath. What they cannot do is enforce those oaths. It is not a crime to break an oath to a private organization.
It is however, a crime to break an Oath of Office.

Oath of Office

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

With today's technology they can now look over your shoulder any time they want... so COVERTLY... they can indeed enforce that oath... and will not hesitate to do so if they so desire.
edit on 31-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join