It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia GOP Will Require Voters To Sign ‘Loyalty Oath’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
what happens if you change your mind. do you get sued. how about in return the republican presidential candidate signs an oath to actually keep his campaign promises.

a signature on a worthless oath won't stop anybody. there's a work around. sign it in bad faith.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This isn't forcing anyone to do anything. A state can not tell you who to vote for, or make you promise to vote for someone. This "Loyalty Oath" is nothing more than a moral obligation, which can be broken at any time without legal consequence.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So when they rig the election causing Ron Paul to "lose" people dont revolt! >

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No,

You cannot make people sign something in the face of their rights.

People have a right to vote.

What is going on?

Whatever it is, it is not lawful.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Judging from his previous post think thants going to pretty hard !

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I agree with most in that the Right to vote stands alone. However it is a GOP Prim.
Our self inflicted 2 party system is putting the KaBosh on any real attempt letting a none GOP / party line puller compete. I like Ron Paul but i can not get on board with his full pull back pull out foriegn policy. If We could give Ron the Domistic front and Newt the rest then i could vote for Ron. He needs to temper down on the way he delivers his views towards Iran for instance. Other than that i am on board with Ron. If he wants to become the nomonie then he needs to try to appeal to ALL and take down the wall he has created with a lot of the hard liners. Face it ..... you need the Media to win....... so pander a little......

Salute

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It would have been more meaningful if the state of Virginia too chose to have closed primaries (only those registered as belonging to a particular political party can vote in the party primaries) than have open primaries and this "loyalty oath" which is downright insulting.

Despite the fact that such a oath is not legally binding, what is insulting is that it cannot be morally binding either. Forget about those voting in a particular party primary merely to boost the chances of one particular candidate, why should even loyal supporters of a party be morally bound to vote for the party's nominee if he/she happens to be someone they don't like?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm in Virginia and I will vote. If I am required to sign this oath I will sign it "Under duress".

Duress refers to a situation whereby a person performs an act as a result of violence, threat or other pressure against the person. Black's Law Dictionary (6th ed.) defines duress as "any unlawful threat or coercion used... to induce another to act [or not act] in a manner [they] otherwise would not [or would]". Duress is pressure exerted upon a person to coerce that person to perform an act that he or she ordinarily would not perform.

it negates the person's consent to an act, such as sexual activity or the entering into a contract; or, secondly, as a possible legal defense or justification to an otherwise unlawful act. As a defense, a defendant is arguing that he or she should not be held liable because, even though the act broke the law, it was only performed because of extreme unlawful pressure.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The usual suspects chime in, they realize how easy it will be for Ron Paul to defeat Obama - so of course they like this development. I highly recommend for people to go to a Republican forum and take a look at the Ron Paul hate, you will find it is almost the same comments.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I will take an Oath to the GOP when the GOP takes an Oath to me.

It is really that simple.

I dont care if it is the GOP or the Dems or some guy in the desert serving waffles cooked on a rock. Loyalty to anything works both ways.

That being said, the GOP can kiss my butt. They have had no loyalty to the people who support the party so why should they expect people who are technically "conservative" to have any loyalty to the party? The Party itself is not even conservative anymore. They may say they are, but their actions say otherwise.

So with that being said, Dear VA GOP, GFYS!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VAPatriot
I'm in Virginia and I will vote. If I am required to sign this oath I will sign it "Under duress".

Duress refers to a situation whereby a person performs an act as a result of violence, threat or other pressure against the person. Black's Law Dictionary (6th ed.) defines duress as "any unlawful threat or coercion used... to induce another to act [or not act] in a manner [they] otherwise would not [or would]". Duress is pressure exerted upon a person to coerce that person to perform an act that he or she ordinarily would not perform.

it negates the person's consent to an act, such as sexual activity or the entering into a contract; or, secondly, as a possible legal defense or justification to an otherwise unlawful act. As a defense, a defendant is arguing that he or she should not be held liable because, even though the act broke the law, it was only performed because of extreme unlawful pressure.

I would not even sign it under duress. The bottom line is no one can enforce this "oath". There is NO PENALTY for violating this oath. The whole thing is a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Agreed, Although signing Under duress makes a statement. Not voting or just signing this oath does nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I've never been a huge Obama supporter but from the beginning I knew he was just part of the same-old-same-old. There are alot (and I mean ALOT) of people that are desperate to get him out of office. It's a very similar situation as the 2008 elections when people would have voted for anyone to get Bush & Co. out of office. Unfortunately, very few people understand that both parties (and their respective officially endorsed 'candidates') are two ends of the same snake. That said, how can anyone support a party that would even attempt to do something like this? It's like them asking you to turn-in your gun permit for the right to vote in their primary.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Totally disgusting they are doing this, but totally unenforceable and unconstitutional. So really no biggie, as long as voters do what they want and do not bow down to those fascists.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
More BS.... really, sign "loyalty" oaths, come one, wake up from the Matrix Virginia...

The Elections are bought and paid for, decided before the first vote is counted. Its a rigged game, the puppet who will be used to further the Agenda in place is chosen, doesnt matter D or R next to the name.

Land of the Free, to do as your told....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Here is the issue
Are Ron Paul supporters transferable?
www.nationaljournal.com...

So what does Virginia do?

Virginia GOP Will Require Voters To Sign ‘Loyalty Oath’

On Wednesday the Virginia State Board of Elections approved a request from the Virginia GOP that will require voters to sign a loyalty oath in order to participate in the state’s presidential primary on March 6.

The oath, which reads “I, the undersigned, pledge that I intend to support the nominee of the Republican party for president,” is intended to deter non-Republicans from participating in the process unless they are serious about supporting the eventual GOP candidate.

abcnews.go.com...

This is some SERIOUS BS!

Voting for a party instead of individuals is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country, and they want make sure people are FORCED to do so????

This MUST be contested from every angle possible

Something must be done, this is just so completely wrong on every level of everything!

ARGHHHHH

edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited to use source title

Guess it's a good thing i don't vote then. I never really saw much a point in it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

This is just one more incident to show how much alike the party's are and how far they will go to control people.

I would not want to be the one to tell someone they have to sign this crap in order to vote in the primary.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakened1
More BS.... really, sign "loyalty" oaths, come one, wake up from the Matrix Virginia...

The Elections are bought and paid for, decided before the first vote is counted. Its a rigged game, the puppet who will be used to further the Agenda in place is chosen, doesnt matter D or R next to the name.

Land of the Free, to do as your told....

Exactly,

Anyone who still thinks their vote makes a difference is really deceived and has no hope of ever awakening to the truth.

Whoever gets in will follow the orders of TPTB.

The last president to buck the system served 50 years ago and look what they did to him:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Schkeptick
They're trying to keep Democrats from switching over just for the primaries.

It's funny, because it is an indicator that Ron Paul is drawing attention from both parties.

But who cares about a dumb oath??
It wouldn't keep me from doing what I wanted. Sheesh.

No the Obama people want to help Ron Paul so their man Obama can slay the racist in a hands down easy victory.
Why do Paul fans want phoney Obama voters? They won't be there to elect their guy if fantasyland happens and he makes the general election. Paul fanatics only care about the moment, and any vote they can get for that moment.

You work for obama. You lick obamas rear end lol. .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This pretty much proves the two party system is Crooked as well as the politicians within it.
Let's not forget Voter Fraud, I think we're going to see alot of that.

Another thought...a "Loyalty Oath", now this is a Joke, these elected politicians took an Oath to uphold the Constitution and the have clearly demonstrated that an Oath means Nothing to them.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Boomer1941 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join