It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Ron Paul Thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Seriously, I am sick of all these Ron Paul posts. You people are getting arrogant and brainwashed. More than the stupid Obama people and OWS combined. Come on, I don't want ATS to be littered with Ron Paul propaganda. Every time I go on there are at least ten NEW posts about Ron Paul in the recent posts sections. It's funny but I don't see love for any of the other candidates, not even a single Good Obama thread! So can you please put all of the Ron Paul stuff under one thread in the 2012 elections?? Like maybe this one??

So we can get through the Ron Paul clutter and make room for other stuff. Ron Paul? He's almost like a distraction.
edit on 30-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is not a single Obama Thread because he has made America worse not better, there are no other candidate threads because there not worth even talking about, they will just keep the corruption flowing through Washington.

People are always talking about Ron Paul because he is the light in a sea of corruption and people are very passionate about him!

I suggest you get use to it, ATS is only going to see an increase in Ron Paul threads until the election actually happens.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
There is not a single Obama Thread because he has made America worse not better, there are no other candidate threads because there not worth even talking about, they will just keep the corruption flowing through Washington.

People are always talking about Ron Paul because he is the light in a sea of corruption and people are very passionate about him!

I suggest you get use to it, ATS is only going to see an increase in Ron Paul threads until the election actually happens.

Quoted For Truth.

That aside, people all over the world seem to like Ron Paul, not just Americans. Can´t say that about any other candidate. Even though i am Swedish myself, i found the Ron Paul threads are úsually very interesting and topic worthy, which i can rarely say about some of the other kinds of threads on here, sadly.

Add: Besides, if you don´t like seeing them, you can just hide that forum from view, (2012 elections forum)

edit on 30-12-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Prepare to be called a dis-info agent.

link   

Someone didn't drink their magical Ron Paul Kool Aid this morning!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And yet again here is another Ron Paul related thread.
No S&F for you, too many of my S&F's have been given to too many other RP related threads.
edit on 30-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes and there are other candidates out there but I only see Ron paul. A bit bias in my opinion.

Ill probably boycott this whole section and come back when Ron paul drops out half way through the race

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Which candidate do you want to win the election.

When ever I look through the Ron Paul threads there is always some posters who do not support him but these posters never say who they do want to win the election.

If you feel the Ron Paul post are biased why not start a thread about the candidate who you do want to win and why you want him to win and why they would would make a good President.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Obviously people like Ron Paul. Now go ahead and ask yourself why there is never good obama threads. But back onto Ron Paul threads I could say the same thing about Alien/UFO threads, there are new ones everyday so if you dont like a certain topic the thread is discussing say for instance Ron Paul or Aliens. Dont click on the link because you make yourself look foolish trolling.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
People like to root for the underdog, just wait a year and see the threads after he loses. Then you'll see these boards really get swamped then.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I did make a thread about jon huntsman, and of course it got buried by Ron Paul ppl.

But that's not the point, its titled 2012 presidential elections not the Ron paul forum

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Yeah, I know you don't like Paul and it wasn't a friendly comment towards us, but that was funny. You get a star.

As to the OP's rant, I feel your pain, as I don't feel a decent chunk of what gets posted really needs a standalone thread, but to answer your question - no other candidates really get many people excited. And I've seen a couple of decent Obama threads floating around.

That said, this is an election cycle, Paul's popular, and he is making some valid news that bears reporting on. Come on, would you seriously advocate ANY other subject being condensed on to a single thread? Do NONE of the other VERY common thread subjects that compare fairly to the Paul threads draw your same ire for some reason?

I know it's just a rant, but such requests seem very suggestive of "thought-crime" and smacks way too much of biased censorship.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So OP...You want us to ignore Ron like the news media does? You want to take all the people’s views and put them all somewhere; (Ron Paul Thread) that would make it harder to find? I hope that doesn’t happen…when I open up ATS, I want to see what’s hot at the moment, if its Ron Paul, so be it, but I also look at other topic's also? Its not all Ron Paul when I view ATS...there are tons of other topics also...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Seriously, I am sick of all these Ron Paul posts. You people are getting arrogant and brainwashed. More than the stupid Obama people and OWS combined. Come on, I don't want ATS to be littered with Ron Paul propaganda. Every time I go on there are at least ten NEW posts about Ron Paul in the recent posts sections. It's funny but I don't see love for any of the other candidates, not even a single Good Obama thread! So can you please put all of the Ron Paul stuff under one thread in the 2012 elections?? Like maybe this one??

So we can get through the Ron Paul clutter and make room for other stuff. Ron Paul? He's almost like a distraction.
edit on 30-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Point out the Paul propaganda, please. Point to one untrue thing. Just one.

And there are no "good" Obama threads because...oops, sorry mods! I love Obama! War is good! The OWS movement was good for America! Anything other than that is "political trolling" on ATS nowadays.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by jtap66

Yeah, I know you don't like Paul and it wasn't a friendly comment towards us, but that was funny. You get a star.

As to the OP's rant, I feel your pain, as I don't feel a decent chunk of what gets posted really needs a standalone thread, but to answer your question - no other candidates really get many people excited. And I've seen a couple of decent Obama threads floating around.

That said, this is an election cycle, Paul's popular, and he is making some valid news that bears reporting on. Come on, would you seriously advocate ANY other subject being condensed on to a single thread? Do NONE of the other VERY common thread subjects that compare fairly to the Paul threads draw your same ire for some reason?

I know it's just a rant, but such requests seem very suggestive of "thought-crime" and smacks way too much of biased censorship.

Well then ATS should just rename the 2012 Election forum to the Ron Paul Forum. As nobody else seems to get a chance over here. And many candidates do get people excited across the country. Just I think Ron Paul is admired on here because he speaks like the people here do. He's also been called a conspiracy theorist for some of his outside the norm beliefs. But really 2012 election thread should be about the 2012 elections not ron paul. I've only seen a few candidates even mentioned. No Mitt Romney, No Jon Huntsman, No Rick Perry. "Crazy" Bauchman was talked about for a time when she won Iowa Straw Poll. Then however, the Ron Paul people thought it was a conspiracy that she won cause Paul came in second and they thought that was impossible. Newt's relationship with the banks has also been mentioned. Ron Paul has his faults too and people just blew those away due to their extreme devotion to the guy.

I think Obama train left and those people jumped onto the Ron Paul bandwagon. They almost speak the same exact message, except Obama never really mentioned the constitution. GO Back and look at Obama's messages and Promises to the people. Then go and look at Ron Paul's messages. Besides for a few differences, they are mostly alike, it's scary.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

But really 2012 election thread should be about the 2012 elections not ron paul. I've only seen a few candidates even mentioned. No Mitt Romney, No Jon Huntsman, No Rick Perry.

I was under the impression that anyone with over 20 posts was free to open a thread about anything they like, including other candidates? So you're frustrated that Ron Paul just happens to be the most popular one here and no one can really be bothered to talk much about the others?

And don't say the Paul supporters somehow just smother these and make it unfair, if you're read through any of the Paul threads you'll see a very fair amount of OPPOSITION to Paul, along with some good debate (and some people eventually losing their cool and going off on tangents either way, unfortunately). It's all fair.

"Crazy" Bauchman was talked about for a time when she won Iowa Straw Poll. Then however, the Ron Paul people thought it was a conspiracy that she won cause Paul came in second and they thought that was impossible.

I must have missed the conspiracy talk - I know the group I usually move in was elated as we felt it was the best possible result - they can't discredit the poll if someone they were pushing hard at the time won it, and Paul finished less than 1% behind so it was pretty much the same as a win. And outright win would likely have been swept under the rug as they like to do.

EDIT: Oh, and I did want to add that we got a kick out of the fact that she bought 6500 or so tickets for the people she was bringing in, and sweetened the pot with a free Randy Travis concert - and got less than 4500 votes, if I recall correctly.

Newt's relationship with the banks has also been mentioned.

I know he's got some other questionable relationships and very unpopular prior sources of income, but I wasn't aware the banks had been discussed too much there.

Ron Paul has his faults too and people just blew those away due to their extreme devotion to the guy.

I'll always address these things fairly - he's definitely old, the newsletter issue is a problem (although not the one the media wants to make of it, and nowhere near as serious when you actually look into it), and a lot of people are tired of old white guys in Washington, but what other faults do you see? I'll gladly consider them.

I think Obama train left and those people jumped onto the Ron Paul bandwagon. They almost speak the same exact message, except Obama never really mentioned the constitution. GO Back and look at Obama's messages and Promises to the people. Then go and look at Ron Paul's messages. Besides for a few differences, they are mostly alike, it's scary.

There are likely a good many former Obama supporters supporting Paul due to their disillusionment with Obama's performance, granted, but I'd love it if you could point out some of the similarities between Obama & Paul's message you're referring to for review. There IS a similar amount of excitement (they were the only two to have any real grassroots support of any significance last time), but their messages really don't have much at all in common with each other. Paul primarily points out the flaws in our policies and thinking, the problems they're likely to cause (usually years in advance), and suggests fixes to either avoid or address these issues.

I can't really say I've ever seen any accurate future-telling or really much of anything otherwise solid from Obama?
edit on 12/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes, Obama is full of rhetoric anyone with half a brain can see that. You asked me questions about Ron Paul's faults VS Obama's similarities so I'll just lump them all together.

Ron Paul says Iran is not a threat and 9/11 was all fault because we shouldn't be in the Middle East in the first place is a very dangerous world view point. We can't escape our war-mongering ways in one quick move. We have to gradually pull out of all the wars we are in. That usually can't happen in four years.

Obama said that we should pull out of Iraq completely. Bring our troops home. He wanted to drastically cut military spending as well, (which of course he didn't do) but this is the candidate Obama I am talking about. Very similar

Ron Paul's Campaign message is "Restore America Now," Obama's Campaign message was, "Change we can believe in." See the difference? I do not!

It's still up in the air weather Ron Paul can actually get the Government and the media to listen to him if he somehow manages to get into the White House. Can he actually cut $1 Trillion from the budget and pass it through Congress? Obama has saved the taxpayers $40!!!! Yeah $40!!!! I don't think Ron Paul is going to get much past them, since they all hate him anyway. Name me one thing that he has passed???

No you can't at least Obama has done a FEW things, even when he was a senator!

And another thing, How could Ron Paul actually convince people to listen to him using only the power of the constitution? When ALL of Washington is evil and corrupt and hate HIM? By using things outside the Constitution like government mandates and special interest groups. Trust me, Ron Paul is no angel or God!

I think I am going to make a new thread on this and post it not as a RANT cause it's not a rant anymore it's comparing Ron Paul VS Obama.

top topics

join