It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Okay, so you say the rain water isnt mine..correct? If they are in fact claiming ownership wouldn't they be forced to take responsibility for the water caused wear and tear on my home and property as well??
just a thought..
edit on 30-12-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I want to make sure that everyone in the world is completely clear as to my feelings on this. THE GOVERNMENT CAN KISS MY A$$ when it comes to rainwater. Rainwater belongs to GOD. He made it and delivered it to ME. It is my unalienable right to collect and drink the rainwater that GOD gave me and ANY government agencies that dont like it KMA.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

The Constitution of the United States GUARANTEES ME the right to LIFE. My body is made primarily of water provided by GOD. To tell me that the government OWNS all the water is to say that the government has the right to deny me life should they decide to deny me water. IT IS NOT CONSTITUTIONAL. Tell the government to KYA.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This has been a big issue here in Denver for a while now, seeing we supply most of the western states with there water from the colorado river. A few years ago a guy got in big trouble for collecting rain water, he just ran his down spouts to a big drum and collected hundreds of gallons of water to water his lawn... The feds said as soon as that water hit his roof it was there property even though it was on his property. Not sure about other states but we have water police here that will issue you a fine for wasting water.

I'm at work but will find a link to the story when I get off if anyone is interested.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Well, I have lived in Washington State for over thirty years and I have never heard of such a thing.

In fact, rain barrells are commonly sold in the stores around here and it is a practice that has been picking up in popularity.

I have a feeling this is something on the books meant to keep people from making a profit off it (such as charging customers for that 'rain water' car wash)....I think? Bizarre, to say the least.

Greetings:

Well, I have lived in Washington State for over thirty years and I have never heard of such a thing.

Well, spoken like a true Bulldog... we do miss Ellensburg and our high school years.

In fact, rain barrells are commonly sold in the stores around here and it is a practice that has been picking up in popularity.

In fact, those lists of "water-hoarder illegal diversion domestic terrorists" (WHIDDT) are already in the hands of the Water Swat Team (WST) and it's only a matter time...

Speaking of time, much time has passed since this "rainwater" question was posed directly to you and still no response:

Hey there, Westcoast and other fine members out West and specifically in California, we have a question that needs an answer:

Has the [color=limegreen]never-ending life-altering radiation spewing 24/7/365 from the Fukushima disaster/fiasco/nightmare affected/tainted this year’s wine production?

Or were all the wine-producing grapes kept out of the radioactive rain?

We propose that the larger question looms on the horizon: does Cesium 137, Iodine-133 and Xenon-133 affect the intrinsic, unique flavors and leave that metallic taste in your mouth?

Just a reminder as to why we ask these questions... please notice that the fruit and wine-producing regions of California are specifically mentioned in the following graphic.

Does the previously-mentioned water rights issue extend to radioactive rain?

Take it back... we want a refund!

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is one article from 2009 about the water "harvesting" issues here in Colorado. This is one of many articles out there about this. It's been an on going issue here for about 10 years now. The less water available the worse it will get too. Was going to wait till after work to post this but wanted to get it out there asap, seeing it's new to alot of people.
articles.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
Nothing wrong with this law at all. Some idiot out there took advantage of the rain falling on his land and therefore they had to make a law about it.

Think about it like this. Farmer A builds a massive dam as most of the rain fall on his land and his got the most land at the highest altitude. All the farmers below him now suffer and either go out of business or have to buy rain water from farmer A

That's just one scenario and im sure there are plenty others

Also how would you fell if your neighbor decided to collect barrels and barrels of rain water. Then he does not look after the water and it starts to go stagnant. I bet you would not like the smell or the fact that your kids and animals could get access to it

Dont forget about the lovely mosquitoes that come along with all that stagnant water

edit on 30-12-2011 by bluedrake because: Edited to Say...... Dont forget about the lovely mosquitoes that come along with all that stagnant water

edit on 30-12-2011 by bluedrake because: (no reason given)

One farmer with too much time is not the basis for this sort of law which is draconian.

Stagnant water is a good thing in the ecology, something that has been lost in the post-piligrim era. Water attracts water, and water allows for a more natural ecosystem to develop. Stagnant water is a FARM issue, not an ecology one.

This is an example of a law that vastly oversteps the bounds of common sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
USA the only nation that would tax and
charge for the AIR you breathe...

Should be labeld LOB...
Land Of The Bra....sorry, land of the bizare

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yeah, the rainwater issues were important to the states & territories back in the day... free range was a dim second place compared to water rights, etc

but, i have not followed it up for a while now... out here in the east coast the states are Taxing our rainwater
...because properties are being assessed infrastructure costs to provide storm water conduits to take away the rain that falls on One's square footage of personal property including the roof surface of your home

as far as i know, the storm water tax levy is not an item on my SC tax...yet

but if other states are doing it...then i expect SC to follow

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The tense of this thread's title should be changed to past-tense, because as of 2009, collecting rainwater was made legal in Colorado.

This is not a "suddenly this law was put on the books because big gobvernment wants to control us" issue, it is a "these laws have been on, and since taken off, the books for some time now" issue.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think that it is also just as insane that as people we are not allowed to drill on our own propeties for water but must purchase it from those who floridate it...

Whether the water comes from the sky or the ground what is the difference really, its both nuts to regulate...

Next you will find a law that declares that the energy from the Sun is the sole property of Edison Electric and must be licensed for capture.... I'm certain they look at all the angles these days...

[color=4EE2EC]AL GORE FOR PRESIDENT 2012

edit on 12/30/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Does this remind anyone out there of the movie Rango? At least I hope it's not just me.

Preparing young children to revolt conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
ONE THOUGHT:
(TOO) BIG GOVERNMENT..
This is what "intrusive" govt looks like...They are appeasing some environmentalist group.

Up here its "wetlands": a designation of "wetlands"( no matter how deep/muddy/ squishy or just soggy") by the department of natural resources" basically rips any control over your own land away from you and hands it over to "the state"
Long live community ownership!

water going into your cistern does not immediately go back into "our " water table( to be pumped out by municipalities hundreds of miles away)....

edit on 30-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
9) The law can give rise to a FICTION, but a fiction cannot give rise to a law. Consequently a legal fiction called THE GOVERNMENT has no power to make LAW. It is, in point of fact, BOUND BY LAW (like everyone else, and including all other legal fictions). PARLIAMENT is another legal fiction entity. Statutes created by Parliament are not, therefore, the LAW. They are 'legislated rules for a society' and ONLY APPLICABLE TO MEMBERS OF THAT SOCIETY. Join a different society, and you would be bound by a different set of rules. (If this were not the case it would be impossible to become, for example, a Freemason and be bound by the rules of Freemasonry). Statutes are nothing more than the Company Policy of THE UNITED KINGDOM CORPORATION, or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORPORATION, etc. (See 'society', below)

www.fmotl.com...

Interesting site with some radical ideas (to me at least).

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

They can't enforce it. It will be about as effective as the "Drug War" and we see how that's going. Rain water can be collected in ways that aren't necessarily obvious to passers-by. No one owns the rain.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well if it's their rain then they better keep it off my property. Possession in 9/10th of the law.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
This is one of many insane laws on the books.

For laughs check out Dumb Laws

In Pennsylvania...Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

In Illinois...You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile. and you gotta love this one in Champaign, IL ...One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

What a great site. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
To many Laws to much Government......lets just fire them all!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Funny enough ,not long ago in my country they were discussing to TAX rainwater that we caught ourselves,the little man.I am sure the topic will be raised again in order to make more money.

can anyone think of a reasonable explanation for these sort of things because i sure cannot.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My two cents, don't say that it is illegal. It's not water from the air an the ground are both free, naturally.

Just becaue a corrupt government makes a right infringing law doesn't mean that it's actually a law. The people make it the law.

What I'm saying is I'm tired of people going along with the government without even realizing it. The ndaa doesnkt make anything legal. It can't supercede he constituion ad is thus invalid. So instead of saying "oh no, the goernment made this illegal, they can't do that" say "haha, silly government. Pretend time is fun, isn't it?"

Do you all get my picture here? Stop fear mongering and start rising up and calling them out.

ARREST ME with your ndaa for speaking my mind, punks. Arrest us all, hahahahahahahahah.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join