It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
Australian farmers who collect rainwater in their dams have to pay every year... its complete BS.. How can the government tax something they dont provide? Whats next? paying for the oxygen we breathe?

you think thats funny?

Julia Gillards support of the carbon tax... what do you think that is?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sypher209
Man what a load of bull, my brain is almost just about to explode after seeing this...

Is it not legal for you guys to buy a rain water tank for your house like we do over here in Australia?..... perfectly legal here to do so.... for now.....

The OPs title is deceptive.

Federal agents aren't going to kick in your door for collecting a bit of rainwater. The law is there to protect people from people who thing they can collect tens of thousands of gallons of water, and screw everyone else over.

How would you feel if you turned on your tap and nothing came out, because some guy upstream of you set up a rainwater collecting system that would collect every last drop that fell from "his" sky?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i didn't get through this entire thread, so forgive me if this was posted already.
i've been collecting rain water at my new mexico property for years, so i try and keep up on the subject.
this is the most reliable site that i know of regarding this issue.
there is a lot of disinfo out there, so look into the actual laws.

last update 9/11

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hello people. In good old blighty, we get charged for rain water that hits our roof and goes into the sewers. They call it surface drainage and costs us a fortune in water bills on top of our metered useage. Then they have the audacity to sell it back to us. I had a massive row with the water Company over this and said that my water went straight into water butts, they still refused to waive the charge though.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have a 240 ft well, so i collect all the rain water through its filter and storage, there

edit on 30-12-2011 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

im sorry but your countries goverment are mental, you all live in a screwed up country, in Australia we are encouraged to recycle our rainwater for our homes to help the enviroment, but yet you have pretty much no original constitution left now either, soon they will be charging you all to breath their air, serriosley, id like to see how they doccument that as an offence in court and see it hold up in court.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

The topography and environment in Australia are different then here in the US, so you are going to have different laws governing what will adversely effect them. To my knowledge rainfall runoff from mountains is not a big water source for you over there, or you would have similar laws.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is yet another way that a law has been perverted from its original intent. The "water rights" are supposed to cover streams, lakes and reservoirs, not rain. Any way that a government can manufacture to completely hose its citizens will be created and used to its fullest potential.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Yeah well here in Australia its a little different, our houses can have their own 10-15,000 (sometimes more) litre tank to collect water from our own roofing systems, we dont collect it from big reserves all the time especially if you live interstate.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Sypher209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Remember Cochabamba's water wars?

As a side note - rain barrels act like giant petrie dishes; any contamination from insects, birds and other animals' feces can grow some really awful bugs; some of those bugs can be taken up by plants to infect the roots and leaves. Do NOT water your food garden with water from a rain barrel. Be careful.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hmmmm, so if these states governments are claiming ownership of the water that falls from the sky, does that make them liable to homeowners when their homes are flooded???? I would love to see a smart attorney take that one to em!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

WTF Over Amazing Do I Own the right to use my star n flag for this posting???? Better email Salt Lake council to check legal status....

Dose this now mean that hardware stores that sell rain water water butts are on the same level of a head shop???? You know selling paraphernalia??? Selling items that break the law means TPTB can raid hardware shops.... Hope the sales person isn;t holding a pitchfork at the time lol they could be shot holding an offensive weapon!!!!!!!

ATS Bros m Sis we need to reclaim America from these sick legislators before its too late!!!!!!

2nd line

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

in germany even you will pay for the rain what falling on your property since many years,they messure your property and estimate the rain falling on it,after that ypu get a bill from the goverment and you have to pay for all the rain,its true! my guedness im happy,im far away from all this crazy western states,i living in the philippines an pay only 1 dollar for my water a month and for the rain nothing,ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just one statement: water belongs to God. The planet belongs to God. So is there a signed deed from god allowing any party from owning anything that preserves human life? His children were not made for this insanity.
How much does it take for man's decency to say no! God did not give that power to anyone here that I have even heard of.
Show me the papers and signed in blood!
Peace and love for all!.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
They won't enforce it?

Probably because it would be the last straw.
Well, I would hope it would be the last straw....

I have learned not to have too high of expectations however.

It wont be...

too many "last straws" happened in the USA already for there to even be a straw left to be last.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
Australian farmers who collect rainwater in their dams have to pay every year... its complete BS.. How can the government tax something they dont provide? Whats next? paying for the oxygen we breathe?

It's actually illegal here to fill up a glass of water to drink from a creek or river for the same reason. You're "diverting" it. Fortunately, nobody will actually enforce it (yet).

Funny how they are allowed to "divert" it through their fluoridation systems and sell it back to us.

And although we're not taxed (yet) on the oxygen we breathe, being taxed on the CO2 we exhale is another story.

Kill a camel, claim a carbon credit

Makes you wonder how many carbon credits a politician is worth...

I think you are telling porkies mate. It is not illegal to drink from a stream, creek or river. That is nonsense but if you can provide a link to the actual law that backs up your statement then I'll apologise.

As far as your tax on exhaling CO2 is concerned, it's obvious that you are sucked in by the Heral Sun and their nonsense scare campaign they've been running. You really need to do your research before commenting as you look foolish.
edit on 30-12-2011 by The Ghost Who Walks because: Adding comment and clarifying statement.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this piece fits here.

Some where some how.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
With the same logic, you could sue the state for letting their water rain on your property.

"If I can't keep it, then figure out a way to keep it from falling on my house. Perhaps I do not like your water falling on my property at all. It is a violation of my rights to remain dry and your water is making me wet."

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I think you are telling porkies mate. It is not illegal to drink from a stream, creek or river. That is nonsense.

It IS illegal to take any privately owned water - not nonsense at all.

Check out the history with privatizing Cochabamba's water - same thing with the rainwater, streams, everything. That's why they started the water wars back in 2000.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

How about suing the government for letting THEIR Rainwater fall on my property. I'm fed up with walking through puddles on my property getting my shoes muddy, driving through these puddles getting my car dirty and having to pay for a car wash after this crap stops falling from the sky and waiting for the puddles to dry up. That law is there in case somebody collecting rainwater pisses off some Tinhorn Sleazebag Government Moron so they can fine them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join