It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen uses YouTube to Reach Thousands Before Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Do take the time to view the video there is something important that he mentions. Once you have viewed the video reading the cue cards re look at the video and concentrate on his facial expression's you can literally see when his emotion's are at the highest possible level.

I was absolutely done for the night, shutting down the computer, cleaning up the kitchen.. and came to check Facebook to make sure the last blog post posted. A link to a video with the post "Do you believe in God?" caught my eye. The kid was kinda good-looking, in that shiny sort of way.. so I clicked the link.

And here we are. I feel compelled to write about this, because it's such a heartbreaking - interesting - inspiring story.

The link contained a video of Benjamin Breedlove. He's an 18 year old young man from Austin, TX who was born with an awful heart condition (Hypertrophic Cardiomyapathy) . He also has two YouTube channels, one called BreedloveTV and the other where he shares advice for other teens.. relationship guidance and the like. Pretty popular stuff, with most of his videos having over 30,000 hits. Some much more. This video, the one I'm writing about, isn't part of his usual uploads. He did this one privately under an unknown user name, and without fanfare. His own parents didn't even know he'd posted them until it was already too late.

ireport.cnn.com...

R.I.P.

edit on 29-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I saw this recently too...I feel really close to this boy only through experience,I have had an NDE and know the things he probably experienced,except for maybe a few differences.I feel this boy was really needed somewhere else if he has had so many run-ins with Death..apart of himself wouldn't let go and perhaps this video helped give him the little boost he needed to be completely content.R.I.P. dood see you soon

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I thought it would be depressing but it was surprisingly uplifting.. I love his attitude towards death and his description of his experience when he fell unconscious

Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good. Let nature weed out the weak. God does not exist, only the emptiness beneeth the moon, the total void.
I don't find his "spirit" uplifting. We do what we can to manage each day, and to improve our lifes.
He had no choice but to adapt to his imperfect body.

It's not uplifting, just human nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If i say it didn't bring tear's to my eyes, i would be outright lying. Sometimes we need people like this Ben to get us back to reality and what really matters, for when your card is up, everything else is simply,...irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
Good. Let nature weed out the weak. God does not exist, only the emptiness beneeth the moon, the total void.
I don't find his "spirit" uplifting. We do what we can to manage each day, and to improve our lifes.
He had no choice but to adapt to his imperfect body.

It's not uplifting, just human nature.

Just because you didn't feel uplifted by it doesn't mean others don't .. "Good. Let nature weed out the weak" .. kind of a cruel thing to say.

I'm an Atheist myself, but I don't think it's ever acceptable to be rude or disrespectful to others..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A great video

The most uplifting thing for me was seeing the youtube comments. Those things are usually filled with hatred and disgusting vitriol spewed forth by keyboard warriors.

It was so nice to see genuine comments from genuine people briefly letting down their guards and feeling human. The videos popping up in response to Bens vid are great too and also full of nice comments.

It's so easy to get bogged down in all the BS that life involves. Moments like this are what truly makes me feel human.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You say that assuming your not one of the "weak" ones.God does exist,you just probably havent been introduced to the proper perspective.Also what do you know about the Void?hmmm?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It was a touching story. I believe him. I've had health problems my entire life and have had 13 major surgeries. I have been cut up so much i make frankenstein's monster look normal. I also have a heart problem, heart palptations and my heart is enlarged. i've struggled with those palpitations my entire life and the constant fight of trying to stay alive in this world long enough to do some good for Christ before he recalls me.

If i die young (im 32), i just hope i can see Jesus before i die for that reassurance. I have no doubt Ben is resting in peace, he fought a good fight.

Hopefully i will get to meet you one day brother, bask in the glory of his light.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't post often. Reading this thread and watching his last video hit me hard. His post before his final end game on this plane of existence... Leaves me almost speechless... That kid deserves more life than what was taken from him.
edit on 12/29/2011 by madmangunradio because: typo

edit on 12/29/2011 by madmangunradio because: grammer... go easy on me

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The less we fear death the more we start living.
How many more times do we have to hear it to believe that there is something beyond death for us all?
I like how open that kid was, how he saw himself in the mirror and was proud of his life.
How many of us can say that?
It's something worth striving for.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I myself live on the fringe side of the internet, sometimes i frighten even myself at the level and impact my actions have that can directly change a person view or thought. But there is one parallel i refuse to provoke or dismiss is exactly what you have mentioned. I am fully aware that there is something other than what this world offers as reality. I am not a psychic nor do i spend time looking for anything related to that side of reality. Why am i saying this, well certain incidents happened to me the very second a person close to me had passed away. Incidents that defy rational explanation or scientific explanation. I spent years trying to find the logical angle upon the incidents i encounters but found no answer. My conclusion was is and remains to this day, that yes, there is 100% something beyond this life we name or brand as reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We had a dog with severe seizures that got to the point where we had to put her down. I won't go in to detail on how it was done but the very moment life left her an owl hooted directly overhead.
Morgan (the dog) loved to jump over the fence and run around the neighborhood at night. I'm certain that owl liked to follow her and grab the little rodents that Morgan stirred up.
It's incidents like this that have convinced me that what we see is but a tiny part of reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I totally understand and as i have typed, i will not provoke a side that i know nothing about and i will not make out that i assume i can foresee the future but i will blunt about it. Yes there is something beyond this physical.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

You say that assuming your not one of the "weak" ones.God does exist,you just probably havent been introduced to the proper perspective.Also what do you know about the Void?hmmm?

Im not weak- i'm alive to proove that. That's more than that guy can!
"introduced to the proper perspective"? You mean brainwashed?
I know that nothing matters, and that their is no afterlife and also no meaning with our existance.
We are nothing but lumps of stardust.

top topics

join