It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Duty Cop Kills Man In Bar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

An off-duty police officer has been charged with executing a man in a sports bar - after an argument over a game of darts. Riverside County sheriff's deputy Dayle Long, 42, allegedly shot Samuel Vanettes, 36, three times, leaving him to die on the floor of the bar in Murrieta, California. It is reported that Long, who had been drinking alone, struck up a conversation with Vanettes and his friends at Spelly’s Bar and Grille before the shooting. An altercation allegedly broke out after the police officer told one of the friends 'I’m better at darts than you are', Chris Hull, 39, told Patch.com. 'My buddy says, "Aw, you suck at darts". (The man) says, "That’s why I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want to do".' Hull tsaid his friend asked; 'Really, you can do anything?' The police officer then pulled out his gun, Hull claimed and after the group repeatedly asked him to put it away he 'pops three rounds into my friend Sam'.

yup, poos still getting outta hand in this pig nation. what are we gonna do boys before its too late???

becomesovereign.blogspot.com...
edit on 12/29/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title, Profanity.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Dec 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
so he'll be let go on full pension with early retirement?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

The problem isn't that there are a "few bad apples" amongst honorable cops. The problem is that they are trained (albeit informally most of the time) to think like this:

"That’s why I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want to do".

Unfortunately, this is almost always the #ing case! It's a truly sad thing when mob justice is the only semblance of justice when it comes to cops reaping what they sow.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Shooting someone over darts...destroying a life...and creating such a needless loss for his friends and family.

That cop is an idiot! (he needs to go to jail)....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If he wasn't cop and just some hick,

he still would of shot the guy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Wow. I live in Riverside County, Murrieta is about 35 miles away from me. Now I have a good reason to fear the people who are supposed to serve and protect my area.

Such an idiotic reason to end a life...Darts? I can't believe it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well when the american revolution begins expect the police to be on TPTB's side.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
News Source

Kielar said the suspected shooter told the bar's manager to call the police before firing three or four rounds at Vanettes. The off-duty officer "called the manager over and told him to go call 9-1-1," Kielar said. "The manager said why, then (the deputy) pulled the gun out, and (the manager) went to do it saw the look in the guy's eyes." "That's when he shot him."

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Maybe we are the stupid ones. For creating a system that lets just about anyone become a cop. Maybe since they have a serious job they should be up there with doctors. Peoples lives are in your hands.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chudek

Kielar said the disagreement between the victim's friends and the deputy was "like arguing over spilt milk."

obviously it was enough for him to shoot the man.

what the hell is this world coming too?

man in bar: i can play darts better than you
cop: no you can't. *lifts shirt and shows pistol* still think you're better?
man in bar: hell yeah, you suck at darts
cop: *grabs gun* BAM BAM BAM. now you can't play darts at all, told you i was better..

WHAT THE HELL!!

edit on 29-12-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
After the American people saw what the Arab Spring went through in totalitarian dictatorships and then saw that what Occupy Wall Street went through in a country that is suppose to be free and there was almost no difference, this is what happened.

www.cnn.com...

You can blame this directly on the Federal Government and the DOJ who have violated the Constitution just by not upholding it let alone what the Politicians have done. The politicians have circumvented the checks and balances that keep this country free, the Police followed. I am still not sure if most Police are really this stupid, or if they are trying to "take the side they think is going to win" but this is what is happening

www.cnn.com...

and I am going to tell you what. If you are a Cop, I suggest you better back the F off everyone and go back to serving and protecting and upholding the constitution because if you don't, then I suggest you plan on going to work every day knowing that people will defend the Constitution with their life, or yours if you violate it. And guess why? Because you have given most of them no choice.

When I start to see Police arresting Politicians, Corporate CEO's and their own corrupt Police force I will have faith in the justice system again. Until then, I will not be one to shoot a cop, but sure as f*ck don't expect me to have an ounce of sympathy for you. You made your bed, now lay in it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by EndGovtCorruption because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Isnt this covered under the polices "professional privilege"?

They use their position to get out of DUI's, assaults, stalking, robbery and traffic violations so why not cold murder?

Somebody better call the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association and get union members down there to picket for his freedom.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Something's telling me that this isn't the first time this poor excuse for a cop has shot a man point blank and in cold blood.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ah yes - blogs..

The end all be all to news information.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Here's a link to the original source of the article.

murrieta.patch.com...

Cop Allegedly Killed Unarmed 'Peacemaker'

A man whom officials believe was fatally shot by an off-duty sheriff's deputy in a bar was unarmed and was trying to break up a fight, an official says.

Originally posted by FoxStriker
so he'll be let go on full pension with early retirement?

Hardly. He's currently in jail, charged with murder and his bail is set at $1M

Dayle William Long, 42, formerly a sheriff's deputy, stands in a courtroom at the Southwest Justice Center during an arraignment hearing.

edit on 12/29/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed image link

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I didnt question the info, just the blog. People on this site seem more keen to using blogs and the personal opinions contained within that other news sources, ignoring the fact blogs contain opinions and viewpoints that arent pointed out.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Agreed.

That's why it's always best to try and source the original ... not someone's 'opinion' on the matter.

I think what's even worse here is that they guy who was killed wasn't even a part of the argument the broke out. He was merely trying to intervene and stop it from escalating further. :shk:

All in all it seems more a case of an individual 'power trip' attitude that was only made worse by adding alcohol to the equation. Attitudes and alcohol rarely mix well

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Maybe we are the stupid ones. For creating a system that lets just about anyone become a cop. Maybe since they have a serious job they should be up there with doctors. Peoples lives are in your hands.

It's not letting just anyone do it. Often, aggressive assertive personalities are sought out and are needed to deal with a lot of the other crap cops have to deal with.

I'm not excusing this, as i went through depot with a guy who pulled his service pistol at a party, because someone hid his car keys as he was far too drunk to drive. People are still cops, and people can be effed up.

Police are trained a specific way. Like the military trains some cadet to effect a cause. Usually kill the opposing forces. Replace cadet and forces with the word "people" and it is a lot harder to swallow. What they DONT tell officers in training is:

You are NOT better then the people you serve. Instead, you are given more confidence, by being told it is your duty to protect the people you serve.

When you have gangs, murderers, rapists, all that sort running rampant, it isn't easy to maintain a thought that you are even keel to these people and are also just a person. Not all officers think like this, but it is being seen more often than not. And I think it is mostly due to crimes being more brutal, over more and more stupid reasons, that they are looking for the same kind of people to fight the same kind of stuff.

Case in point.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I cant help but wonder the nasty legal ramifications should one of the other bystanders have a CC permit and be armed at the time....
Would the return fire then be used to justify the killing ?
Or better yet what if he had shot the cop as soon as he brandished his weapon?
Wed beeter start thinking about such things........
This will get much worse and it is not gonna go away soon.
The more the goverment grabs your freedoms with new and unjust laws, the more often people are gonna fight back .
When ya got nothin theres nothin to loose is there?
It has been my experience that the average CC permit holder puts out many more rounds in practice than any cops.
Not that that is the be all, but muscle memory is better than we think when adrenalin charged.....
The police are so vulnerable to the public that they have no idea.....They keep getting better vests and heavier weapons and vehicles, but the fact is if the public got really pissed with them it would be a massacre in short order wed have blue uniforms laying all over the place.......
The fact that Volunteer vets with ARs stood between the cops and the OW preotesters in Nevada? arizona?
Shows that the public is getting more apt to stand its ground with authority....This is the spark that could lite the fire.....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

My complaint specifically was with the phrase charged with an execution, which he was not. Aside from that let the system deal with the idiot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join