It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all symbolists: Nike's Oregon Rose Bowl Uniform Picture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nike is a roman goddess

The Nike swoosh = rings of Saturn

Of course their is symbolism and of course it is SUB - ROSA

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Duck mythology which can be found everywhere from India to Native America.

The Duck is the "water bird".
It lays a golden egg representing the sun, and a silver egg representing the moon.
Duality again.

Check out this book- Zoological Mythology

Chapter X = "The Dove, The Duck, The Goose, and The Swan"
Very compelling information in there.

In many cultures the 'creation myth' is about an egg hatching and the universe was created.
Ducks are referenced in some of these myths.

So here we have the creation from the void concept of duality again.
edit on 27-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Now do you understand Walt Disney ?

Daffy Duck = Kaddafi (Duck) the Desert Mystic who ruled for 42 years (corpus hermetica)
Died at age 69 (positive negative yada yada)

Or KimJongill died at age 69 and had the largest pyramid in the world in his country
en.wikipedia.org...

Micky Mouse (mm = 13 13 = 11) = Weasel Word = Hermes Thrice Greatest

Hermoine Granger / Ron Weasley = Hermes . . . . .

This crap is sooooooooooooooooooooo lame.

edit on 27-12-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hip hop artists are taking over college football in an attempt to brainwash all the beer chugging fraternity boys so that they may be forever enslaved in a special aviary high in the Himalayas, where they will be used as human brid cage liners and may collect the holy owls scat which is used to feed the Phillipino children that make Nike clothing.

Seems fairly obvious to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Speaking of roses, bulla had an interesting take on the Nostradamus rose...
seems they're everywhere lately...sun, sapphire, gold, simple he says.
There was no loony tunes there and I have yet to see evidence of the impossibility.

Incidentally these images serve further to deter since they are in plain sight.
How much time will you spend analyzing what you already understand?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well first you must relize that certin things have different meanings such as a American baseball player making a out field fly ball pop up catch gives what some people would call the devil horns every time this catch is made, now in terms of baseball the devil horns dosen't mean that it's obviously a sign that the out fielder gives to his coaches/players after the catch is made.

Same thing in football, sometimes you see a guy on defense do the John Cena "you can't see me" sign but it dosen't mean that to the defensive player, again it means a sign to the players/coaches when a play is made.

So on the surface the O stands for Oregon now if you want to you can read something more into it but it is what it is...

That being said the first picture in the orginal post of the OP that shows the Oregon player is so blatant i thought it was photoshopped, so yes i chose to read more into the first picture then what the status quo might be because it's so blatant it can't be ignored, the other pictures are nothing, but clearly the first picture has that look to create attention such as we are doing now.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm neither Jewish or German but "saw" the Swastika immediatly!
The whole design seems sinister to me...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Regarding the tattoos on the arms in the first one. I played with the contrast and rotated and enlarged around.. Left arm just doesn't have enough data to be distinct, at best it looks like a sort of feather/texture pattern. Right arm, looks like a fish shape on the lower part, and script letters on the top (common to tattoo designs everywhere).. From what I can guess (hard with the angle, curve around the arm, and the highlights) it looks to read something like R/P - O - M/H/K - J/S - A - R/B/? I would post an enlargement, but it's doubtful you'd see anything else in there. The O and the A are very clear, with definite script characteristics, as is the top half of the first letter.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I agree,,,I see the all seeing "O" for Oregon but the image creator wanted to make the top picture look like the all seeing eye in the pyramid to suggest something more ominous.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Huge storm in a tiny little tea cup, I have been reading the history of the 20th century for the last fifty years, no symbolism struck me of any sort when I looked at the first picture. I do like the shiny helmets, very space age.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i'ts like this game is an "elite" chess board. just my 2cents,
BTW... Do footballers always wear black arm bands? who died?
Interesting thread OP.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 28/12/11 by Whateva69 because: more

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Most entertaining thread I've read today.

Somehow people have managed to turn a football uniform and the Oregon "O" hand gesture into some sinister plot. (Much like people did with Bush and the Texas "horns" hand gesture.) The feathers have nothing to do with owls. The team name is the ducks. Get it? Ducks. Feathers. *face palm*

It's a new football uniform, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Swastikas? Owls? lluminati?

Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Honestly, I think some of us are reading way too far into it. Let me begin.

This image shows that the gloves themselves form the Oregon "O" symbol that can also be clearly seen on the Helmet, and pretty much anything that Oregon sells. Additionally, it also shows that the "eye and pyramid" looking thing from the OP's post was a hand placement issue and not actually printed on the gloves. You can actually see the jersey in the tiny hole between his hands.

Some people attributed these markings and the feathers of the OP image to an Owl. This is false, they are not called the Oregon Ducks for nothing.

This picture illustrates, at least in part, how the pyramid in the OP came to show. I own a pair of these gloves from Nike (albeit not Oregon branded). They are The Nike Vapor Jet gloves. These tiny triangular areas that I have pointed out are for hand flexibility so that the player does not feel like their hands are restricted.

Someone posted about the symbology of the helmet. I too think this is reading far too into things. That particular helmet is a very popular brand of helmet called the Revo Speed. As far as helmets go, it is the best in my book.
Here is a generic Revo Speed helmet

Someone tried to mention that the fact the player has his face hidden behind a veil is also symbology. This is also definitely false. The NCAA's policy for student athletes is one of anonymity. The players cannot make money off of their face and/or jerseys. Now there are company that produce replica jerseys with players names on it, but the players do not make money on that. The NCAA's policy goes so far that even NCAA 2012 (a popular football video game) can not even use the players name or likeness.

So now, If anything the only symbology there could possibly be is that Phillip Knight (chairman of Nike), or Mark Parker (CEO) specifically asked for the image in the OP to include a reference to the all seeing eye. The rest of the ideas are bunk.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I hear Texas fans hold up their pinky and pointer fingers because they love the devil to not the Longhorns, O for Oregon stupid.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Headband7 because: better

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988

I see a lot of people are using the uniform above which is totally different than the uniform I posted in the OP, and that will be used in the Rose Bowl.

Source

Here's a list of the glaring differences.

1. The Oregon "O" is on the top of the helmet in the OP and not the sides like in the other pic.
2. The helmet in the OP has the iron wings on the sides in place of the O, on the other pic the O is on the sides.
3. The uniform in the OP has black iron wings and a black collar around the neck. The rest of the uniform is mallard green. The uniform is all black in the other picture.
4. The all seeing eye O is on the uniform in the OP, but is nowhere to be found in the other picture.

The only similarity I see from the uniform in the OP and the other picture being analyzed are the gloves.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7

I hear Texas fans hold up their pinky and pointer fingers because they love the devil to not the Longhorns, O for Oregon stupid.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Headband7 because: better

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

I know that the O is for Oregon. As a matter of fact, I plainly stated that in the OP, if people would read and not jump to conclusions by only staring at the pretty pictures. I said that some may argue that the player is simply making the Oregon O like the two players pictured below.

If you could see past your own ignorance it is blatant that player placed his hands perfectly, so that the space in his gloves shows the O on the uniform. Which looks like the All Seeing Eye, or Third Eye.

And the Hook em Horn signs and the Baphoment hand signs are different.

Have to spoon feed some people.

ETA: it's "O is Oregon for stupid" Forrest Gump said it best, "Stupid is as stupid does"
edit on 28-12-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I see a lot of people are using the uniform above which is totally different than the uniform I posted in the OP, and that will be used in the Rose Bowl.

Source

Here's a list of the glaring differences.

1. The Oregon "O" is on the top of the helmet in the OP and not the sides like in the other pic.
2. The helmet in the OP has the iron wings on the sides in place of the O, on the other pic the O is on the sides.
3. The uniform in the OP has black iron wings and a black collar around the neck. The rest of the uniform is mallard green. The uniform is all black in the other picture.
4. The all seeing eye O is on the uniform in the OP, but is nowhere to be found in the other picture.

The only similarity I see from the uniform in the OP and the other picture being analyzed are the gloves.

My Apologies,

I did do an analysis on the wrong uniform. However, At least part of my post still stands. The helmet is still a Revo Speed, the all seeing eye is really just the white O from the collar of the uniform. My analysis of the gloves still is accurate as they are exactly the same.

In fact, I was more open to the idea that it was purposeful symbolism before you pointed out they are not the same uniform. You see, at the bottom of my last post I stated the difference between the two pictures and that it was possible that someone had photoshop the eye in there for that one image. Now however, I see that the collar has that white O in it and am now convinced completely it is coincidence.

The wings in the photo are not actually part of the uniform, and are representative of their mascot the Ducks.

On a personal aesthetics level, I think these uniforms are incredibly awesome; as are most Oregon uni's IMHO

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Clearly a demonstration of possible social manipulation Symbols are more powerful then words. They are a tier higher on the language scale, containing a whole different set of active reading to be able to understand them. Then why place them where everyone can see? Of course the Nike sign and the name Nike are as the other posted put it "Saturnian" and "Goddess". It's not as overt as much symbolism but it seems to me to be just an insider marketing trick to make things appear more mysterious to customers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Good God. You're not from Oregon are you? That is our sign for O as in .... OREGON.

The "wings" ...... They are the DUCKS. You know. Fowl. They have wings.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

OR.. or .. and hey, it could be the creation mythology something or whatsit ... OR .. it's a football uniform.

The "Ducks" are called the "Ducks" because the original name (The Webfoots, a name for Massachusetts fisherman who were heroes in the Revolutionary War) had no Mascot. So, thinking webbed feet people began thinking ducks. Makes sense. Soon after the ignorance of society prevailed and no one could remember why they were called the Webfoots when their mascot was quite obviously a Duck. Thus their name changed to a Duck and most people have no idea the original name of the football team.

Nothing to do with mythology from anyones various religious views. Has to do with war heroes that people forgot about so they called them ducks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join