It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all symbolists: Nike's Oregon Rose Bowl Uniform Picture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Just as the Super Bowl is the most watched for National football, the Rose Bowl is the most watched college football.

False. The most watched college football game is the BCS National Championship Game.

Just some more info to ponder regarding last year's game:

secure.wikimedia.org...

The Tournament of Roses was the host of the 2010 BCS National Championship Game

Which means it's a) not the Rose Bowl (it's the 2010 BCS National Championship Game), and b) not last year's game (the 2011 Rose Bowl has already been played).

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What you don't know is that Oregon, specifically Portland, is the location of an initiatic event that will take place in the week of March 14, 2012. At that time we will see a pivotal event. An ABC News Correspondent will deliver the sad news. The money will follow.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ducks Win!

Just sayin'

Was it the Illuminati ties, predetermined game?

edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Say what?
You want to elaborate on that further?

Oh by the way... Oregon won!

edit on 1/2/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Symbolism is used to announce publicly the movements of the banking elite.
There will be a national news story on that date that will have nothing to do with the market, yet the market will respond. It is a trigger.
The reason they make it public is to allow for all to have a chance to catch on, and/or for the opportunity to impress potential new members.
Eyes to see, ears to hear type stuff.
Hiding in plain view type stuff.
Secret of invisibility type stuff.
If there was no opportunity for the outsider to catch on, then the insiders would be guilty of fascist and unfair control of destiny. They rig it, no doubt, but they give you a tiny chance to play along.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
how do you not see the more significant symbol, the nike swoosh ?

mckight has poured so much money into that program they are more or less a pro team

but that's boring I guess

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

mckight has poured so much money into that program they are more or less a pro team

You bring up some good points and with the money put into the program they could be considered more or less a pro team but there a pro team that got whooped two years ago by Bosie State a school that ten years ago was considered as good as the Citadel or the little sisters of the poor at which point LeGarrette Blount couldn't take these facts and had a conniption fit after the game was over lol, but i like Bosie State and give them there props and they have come along way and they are indeed legit.

As far as the swoosh, look i'll tell you this i'm anti communication through the use of triggers or symbolism as a meme or anything like that, i feel the use of communication through symbolism in terms of a substitute for talking to specific individuals can cause serious harm and do not recommend it.

Now that being said i love the swoosh and love Nike i'm a sucker for them but hey at least i admit it....

edit on 3-1-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I already addressed this.

The Nike Swoosh is the Rings of Saturn. Nike is a Roman goddess.

LoL McKnight

The Rose (Bowl)
The Rosy Cross or Rose Cross
altreligion.about.com...

The Rose Cross is associated with a number of different schools of thought, including that of the Golden Dawn, Thelema, the OTO, and the Rosicrucians (also known as the Order of the Rose Cross). Each group offers somewhat different interpretations of the symbol. This should not be surprising as magical, occult and esoteric symbols are frequently used to communicate ideas more complex than is possible to express in speech.

The Rose
The rose has three tiers of petals. The first tier, of three petals, represents the three basic alchemical elements: salt, mercury and sulfur. The tier of seven petals represents the seven Classical planets (The Sun and Moon are considered planets here, with the term “planets” indicating the seven bodies that appear to circle the earth independently of the star field, which moves as a single unit). The tier of twelve represent the astrological zodiac. Each of the twenty-two petals bears one of the twenty-two letters in the Hebrew alphabet and also represents the twenty-two paths on the Tree of Life.

The rose itself has a myriad assortment of additional meanings associated with it:

It is at once a symbol of purity and a symbol of passion, heavenly perfection and earthly passion; virginity and fertility; death and life. The rose is the flower of the goddess Venus but also the blood of Adonis and of Christ. It is a symbol of transmutation - that of taking food from the earth and transmuting it into the beautiful fragrant rose. The rose garden is a symbol of Paradise. It is the place of the mystic marriage. In ancient Rome, roses were grown in the funerary gardens to symbolize resurrection. The thorns have represented suffering and sacrifice as well as the sins of the Fall from Paradise. ("A Brief Study of The Rose Cross Symbol," no longer online)

Inside the large rose is a smaller cross bearing a another rose. This second rose is depicted with five petals. Five is the number of the physical senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell, and it is also the number of man’s extremities: two arms, two legs, and the head. Thus, the rose represents humanity and physical existence.

But I am sure you would be more than willing to clue us all in on the details.

Resurrection Pyramid
www.pyramidofman.com...

The Tet or Djed Pillar is the oldest symbol of the resurrected god and was of great religious significance to the ancient Egyptians. It is the symbol of his backbone and his body in general. The Djed is represented on two ivory pieces found at Helwan dating to the first dynasty, evidence that the use of this symbol is at least that old. 2 In these early times it is said that Osiris was probably represented by the Djed alone, and that he had no other form. Alan Gardiner describes the Djed as a column imitating a bundle of stalks tied together and ascribes to it the meaning 'be stable' and 'enduring'. Other possible interpretations are that it represents a segment of the backbone of Osiris, a tree trunk with its branches lopped, or the four supports of the sky combined as one pillar.

Why the Ancient Egyptians Built Pyramids
A matter of Religion
www.touregypt.net...

It seems that the earliest temples of Egypt, particularly in the north, sometimes incorporated a mound of earth as a symbol of the original site of all life. The earliest such mounds may have been a small hill of earth or sand, but the icon eventually took the form of a small pyramid carved from a single block of stone, known as a bnbn (benben). This name comes from the root, bn, which means to "sell up" or "swell forth". The benben also, because of the sun's part in creation, came to be an icon of both the primeval mound as well as the sun which rose from it. In fact, the Egyptian word for the rising sun is wbn, which comes from the same root as benben.

Thus, from the outset, the pyramid shape represented the idea of new life, emerging from a mound of earth to be bathed in the light and warmth of the sun. However, to the ancient Egyptians, the benben was more than just an image. Like the primeval mound itself, the Egyptians thought that it somehow incorporated the very power of life itself and even the force that made it possible for new life to emerge after a period of dormancy.

edit on 4-1-2012 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
More than likely it's just a coincidence, but you never know

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Anyone watching CBS "Sunday Morning"?
They're talking about the uniforms now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join