It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is Our Society Creating These Monsters?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
reply to post by notonsamepage

What I'm trying to say is depending on whether it's nurture or nature you'll get very different monsters. Those messed up by people, nurture, are usually pretty dysfunctional and easily spotted/avoided. I firmly believe genetics plays a role when monsters choose to construct a persona, nature. They are disciplined, conniving and for the most part they feel it's their birth right, they don't self loathe.

Those like the BTK killer are caught because of their arrogance/confidence not because of any visible dysfunction. Some are more skilled and never get caught. Imo there's more going on with them than past abuse. Something entirely different is happening in their brain making them the most deadly of all. You'll never see them coming until it's too late.

So you're saying that those who otherwise seem normal on the outside, but live a completely different life inside of their head, and hide their crimes well until caught are probably the nature so to speak?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Everybody has there breaking points, but the above list in my other post is a good start to find what makes people tick, and in what kinds of ways do they respond to different pressures.

So basically my answer is it takes many things. But thinking of something, and doing something, are two completely different things.

Since were on the topic, here a link to a short story on this subject by nietzsche again.

link

"But one thing is the thought, another thing is the deed, and another thing is the idea of the deed. The wheel of causality does not roll between them"

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Of course it's only my opinion but yes. Normal looking monsters can appear normal because imo being a monster is normal/natural for them.

How can anything that calls itself human casually incorporate murder/mayhem into their daily life? Imo they're too driven/too good at what they do to be anything other than monsters. It's what they're hardwired for. Aside from their parasitic need they have no other purpose. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What about all the men who go missing??? Is it honestly just women, elderly and children who are victims?

Most of these criminals made their choice by themselves.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That is because POSSIBLY not all of us that appear human have human souls.

Watch this long video and you decide............and I'm not even Christian and now wonder.?

I never wanted to believe in "possession" it sounds primitive and unsophisticated but some of these cruel acts have no other explanations.

Like the video above states, something is wrong, something is not quite normal.........and we're being dumbed down, distracted and divided.

Just watch some of the selfish, self service and clueless responses on ATS.

The train is here yet the vast majority don't care or don't see it coming.

Compliant sheep...............being led to slaughter - and they don't simply care.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"They" hide it well.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for posting the video. I just got home from work but will be watching it in just a little bit. It sounds very interesting!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I don't know how right this guy is.............but I am trying to look at all angles.

Something's not right, somethings not only wrong but terribly wrong and we need to figure out and fast what the heck is going on.

Now one man's demon may very well be another man's "other dimensional being"

Who knows?

There is also another post in ATS you may find interesting...........it's not my thread, I simply posted on it. But it ties in with this I think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I watched that video last night then. You're right, that guy does have some really good points. A lot of strange things going on in 2011. Does anybody else have the feeling that things are going to get even weirder in 2012?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Way to help the MSM spread the fear propaganda.

Monsters have always been there, your only hearing about them now.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Crime has not gone up, crime has gone down. And these percentages are always factored by percentage of population.

Crime is now on the same level as 1960.

FBI

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: britelite1971

what makes the difference between those that only think about committing a crime and those that actually do it?

Time, opportunity, and fear of recompense.
edit on 21-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Late to the party.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Couldn't be repressed sexuality and guilt manifesting as criminal acts from feeling bad about what comes naturally now, could it?.

People in general are pretty naive to their actual natures, but nobody is naturally a pedophile.

...And when someone does fail to control their impulses, it would only be natural for them to try to hide the deed after realizing a mistake was made, wanting to go on and live life normally afterwards...

Don't be part of the ignorant mob, we are supposed to have more than two firing brain cells in this forum, but apparently from what I have read here in the past year or so, more than two firing brain cells is no longer a requirement.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: calnorak
I don't think we are "creating" more- we just have more people, the percentage is roughly the same. (imo)

Also with the internet, we have easier access to this info.

Look into "Mouse Utopia" and You will realize the percentage of freaks raises as the population raises.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: britelite1971

Originally posted by Miraj

They aren't really created.. more just born. Granted there are factors like child abuse which will contribute to creating violent psychopaths.

Do you think that some people are just born evil?

Every person on earth has the capacity to be evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join