It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda:Canada to avoid recession next year despite Europe Economist Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
VASun
Canada and the United States will both see economic growth in 2012 despite a recession in Europe, a leading Canadian economist predicted Monday.

said the economies of both Canada and the U.S. will grow by about two per cent next year, despite of a contraction of about one per cent in Europe

This year, Canada had economic growth that was stronger than other regions including the U.S., Europe and - surprising for some - the so-called emerging market of Brazil, Porter said.

Once again the canadian media is trusting the words from a bank economist
and take it from us canadians we DONT BUY IT at all.

Fact:Since 2009 Food Prices have been rising through the roof with my fav walnuts costing more then 87 Cents they now cost around 2 dollars per bag.

I guess that economist doesnt shop for his food now does he?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What interesting propaganda -
And what a pile of monkeycrap.

Coming from a European economist no less - agreed - maybe they should talk to the average consumer here to see what the real deal is.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Total bull, we're already in recession.

Harper is so full of it.

Hell since it's Christmas, I talked to all my family and friends and everyone has been struggling way more in the last few months and it's getting worse... something which hadn't happened in 2008-2009.

So Canada is definitely in recession and probably has been for months.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I couldnt agree more with you there makes you wonder our elections are they a fraud? personally Vitchilo i wouldnt be voting ever again after the last election in may am done with voting.

Its just to easy to predict who whould win.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This is CRAP!
we already are in a recession and have been in one for a couple of YEARS now.
the only reason people can't really "see" it is because people aren't lining up for food anywhere or in front of a factory hoping to get work, considering we have Welfare and unemployment now.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Vitchilo

I couldnt agree more with you there makes you wonder our elections are they a fraud? personally Vitchilo i wouldnt be voting ever again after the last election in may am done with voting.

Its just to easy to predict who whould win.

More and more are saying our elections are a fraud. Gov'ts getting in with majorities when the voters claimed to have voted differently.

Just had to say tho - if you stop voting, you are playing in to their hands..
edit on 27-12-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Just had to say tho - if you stop voting, you are playing in to their hands..

Wait what happens if i stop voting? would i lose my rights

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Canada clearly did better than most countries, mostly because we have good trading partners. BC is exporting tons of raw material to China which is doing great things for Canadian economy. With new pipelines being built, to which I am opposed, it's not looking so bad at all. Canada will be exporting Natural Gas to Asia and tons of Crude oil straight to the US.

But of course that won't help us for long... it's a temporary fix to a worsening problem to which there is no solution.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No. You are not penalized because you did not vote in Canada (except that your candidate is less likely to get in, so you may lose your rights by the fact that a worse candidate gets in and takes them away).

I think what was meant was, even if there is election fraud, it can only be to a certain extent, or can always have the chance to be revealed at any point.

If, however, you get discouraged and stop voting for your underdog candidate, the numbers truly will be in favour of the ruling party, no elaborate fraud required.

Always vote! Always! But know that it is probably not enough, for we are in a broken system. It is a start though, and don't overlook it.
edit on 27-12-2011 by OceanGeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
on topic. I agree with the other posters that Canada does not feel like it is escaping recession. Everyone seems to have damped spirits, more than usual, even compared to recent years. And they seem nervous, pessimistic about the future.

This holiday season it seems like everyone is keeping things pretty low-key too. Not that I think low-key holidays are bad, actually I think they're a lot more down-to-earth, but I think it's actually because of financial constraints and/or worries.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

OceanGeek:

No. You are not penalized because you did not vote in Canada (except that your candidate is less likely to get in, so you may lose your rights by the fact that a worse candidate gets in and takes them away).

I think what was meant was, even if there is election fraud, it can only be to a certain extent, or can always have the chance to be revealed at any point.

If, however, you get discouraged and stop voting for your underdog candidate, the numbers truly will be in favour of the ruling party, no elaborate fraud required.

Always vote! Always! But know that it is probably not enough, for we are in a broken system. It is a start though, and don't overlook it.

Yes, that is what I meant.
The party strategists and the msm like to encourage voter apathy in various ways, and then encourage their supporters to vote. To keep it short, I'll use an example of the right-wing conservative churches: a member of one congregation told me they are told how to vote, and a good majority of them follow these instructions.
So, if you don't vote, you are playing in to the hands the political strategists, what ever party they may work for.
Agreed it is also not enough to just vote; referring to was it Thomas Jefferson - the price of freedom is eternal vigilance -
Apathy doesn't work.

edit on 27-12-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Canada not in a recession? Are you kidding me?
I dont care if we are or not, that is an irrelevant topic in my mind. I do not care if we are in a recession right now, because we are still screwed no matter what.
Unemployment may not be increasing quickly,
But the amount of economic inequality flying around is ridiculous.
The amount of money being wasted every year by our government is out of this world (not compared to the states though),
Harper is a moron, Here we are spending our money on jets and ships when our sciences and our healthcare gets slashed down to bare bones.
Privatizing health care
Being robbed by the private banks.

Economist is a fancy word for 'government shill', if they think 50,000 jobs is economic growth when we have 1.7 million people below the poverty line, and then more barely able to afford rent.. uhh..

not to mention our voting system is fundamentally flawed. How the hell does someone get majority with only 39% of the popular vote???? AND HOW THE HELL DO WE NOT QUESTION IT!?
No offence to anyone, but the places that got the most conservative seats, also had the oldest populations.
edit on 27/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
Canada clearly did better than most countries, mostly because we have good trading partners. BC is exporting tons of raw material to China which is doing great things for Canadian economy. With new pipelines being built, to which I am opposed, it's not looking so bad at all. Canada will be exporting Natural Gas to Asia and tons of Crude oil straight to the US.

But of course that won't help us for long... it's a temporary fix to a worsening problem to which there is no solution.

Well Ontario would get of it butt & push and help this thru
Ring of Fire Minning for the next 100 to 200 year
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Alberta is the only province in Canada atm that is doing well because of its oil and even here the prices of things are very high. Canada is losing manufacturing jobs and my old home Ontario is taking abeating, one of our saving graces is our low population which during tough times we are better at recovering and coping imo.

I hope the moron is right but Ive stopped believing morons.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I live in Calgary, AB and Harper is actually our representative(for our region), meaning mostly all my neighbors and friends voted for his conservative government, however I did not. Harper's area aka Calgary is doing fairly well for a recession so I can see what he means, however I am under the impression that the rest of Canada is not doing as well. Just several days ago I read an article calling Ontario the new Greece of Canada. Calgary and Alberta in general is a rich province, the majority of the people I know are sailing through the "recession". Thats what they expect from the Harper government, to protect "their" money and "their" interests. and why they voted for him in both recent elections. There are people in Calgary who are not doing well at all. It seems like the recession is just creating a bigger gap between the rich and poor. For most, if you have no post-secondary education, you can't find work, or if your too old or not in perfect health. Even graduated students cant find work. Basically if you were rich before the recession, you probably still are.. that was Harpers job.. but if you weren't well off... you got left in the dust. Conversatives work for the rich.. not the poor. Don't vote conservative if your Canadian.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Alberta is the only province in Canada atm that is doing well because of its oil and even here the prices of things are very high. Canada is losing manufacturing jobs and my old home Ontario is taking abeating, one of our saving graces is our low population which during tough times we are better at recovering and coping imo.

I hope the moron is right but Ive stopped believing morons.

Saskatchewan too.
Everyone forgets about us, we're just that cold place

We moved here about 6 years ago ( I'm from Vancouver), and have never done better financially. BC was always hard to find work. Every little town out here has work of some kind, and anyone that wants to work, can find work of some type. Only 1 million people in the province, no one wants to live here, I guess that's why. Where there is the most work with the best wages, there isn't any housing. We have a big lack of contractors (no where to live?).

That said, this past year, and now, my husband is a truck driver in northern Alberta, so, yes, Alberta is doing better than Sask, steadier, with higher wages.

This country's downfall will be the ridiculous rate of inflation, gas, food, clothing.....no one can afford this stuff anymore.

The country has many resources, oil, gas, diamonds, uranium, gold, lumber, etc, and trade agreements world wide, to keep the country afloat, but the people can't afford the basics of life anymore.

top topics

join