It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's legislative successes (or rather lack of successes)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So 99 percent of congress is sold out and burning our Constitution...

... so we don't elect the one man who is NOT sold out and trying to PROTECT our Constitution?

Wow.... real logic fail there OKS.

I have yet to see you or TP give any cogent arguments against Ron Paul.

The more you try the better you show Ron Paul to be, because he's a man of honor who has a 30 year history of sticking to the Constitution. What EVERY member of congress should have done.

If the Congress had more Ron Pauls we wouldn't be in the B movie dystopia we've fallen into as our nation descends into a national security nightmare worse than Orwell ever imagined!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I almost hate to say it but I can't vote for someone that loads bills with pork and can't get his own bills passed.

But, we're missing another critical point: has anyone from the U.S House ever been elected President?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by MrWendal

It doesn't matter what he introduces if he doesn't have the leadership skills to get people to support his ideas.

Actually yes it does matter. It shows where his loyalty lies, it shows where heart is, and it shows that he will work for the benefit and in the best interest of not himself, but for the citizens. Not for the banks, not for the special interest, but for the We the People. The fact that none of it has been passed, in my opinion is not a reflection on Ron Paul, it is a reflection of a corrupt system, full of corrupt Politicians. You can say it shows that "Ron Paul does have the leadership skills" all you want. I say nonsense. You can not lead those who serve a different master.

His poor record in Congress shows his complete lack of leadership skills and being able to convince people that his ideas are a good thing. You can't say he isn't trying to get bills passed...he has introduced enough of them...so what is the reason if not lack of leadership skills that they aren't getting passed?

You really need to ask what the reason is? I would suggest that reason is money paid for as "campaign contributions" from special interest and lobbyist. You can be the greatest leader the world has ever seen, but I can promise you if that great leader set $100 bill on the ground, there is not a single person he/she can convince to NOT pick it up and walk away. For all the criticism you have thrown at Ron Paul about these bills, there is one thing I can not help but notice.... you haven't said they were bad ideas.

Poor leadership isn't really a quality one looks for in a potential President.
If you think Ron Paul has good leadership skills...please prove it...show me anywhere he has led and been successful.

He leads his supporters. That is the funny thing about Ron Paul. Once people decide to support him, you don't often see those people pull away their support in favor of another. That sir, is called leadership.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, the less crap they pass, the better.
Congress has the power to create laws when needed. That's good. Making laws was not intended as "busy work", though. We already have way too many laws. I'd like to see someone working on eliminating a lot of them.

Using the number of bills passed as the measure of a congressman ulitimately leads to way too much legislation, and less freedom.
edit on 27-12-2011 by subject x because:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of his completely impotent record. Thanks Outkast for the research.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ron Paul is there to rock the boat, and give rights and freedom to the American people,

Oh, so our rights and freedoms are granted to us by Ron Paul? Can you guys not see the pedestal you've put this guy on???

Even if in his 4 years he would just bring the troops home, end the war on drugs and release the non-violent drug offender, cut Homeland Security department, and block any bailout of the banks and kick Bernanke out, that would still be a thousand times better than Obama or Bush.

I do want to thank you for listing the accomplishments you are hoping him to make. It's the first time I've seen such a list.

I am surprised that people think he's actually going to be able to achieve any of these goals. If you think the GOP is obstructionist when it comes to Obama, wait to see how obstructionist they can be when dealing with what they consider a fox in the hen house... I will go on record as saying there is NO WAY he's going to get ANY of these done.

He'll probably go after Roe V Wade right away and that's taking away a woman's freedom and rights to her body. That's one place the GOP will support Paul.

Oh, and there's this (he doesn't believe in evolution? "It's just a theory"...):

Originally posted by The Sword
But, we're missing another critical point: has anyone from the U.S House ever been elected President?

I think only one time. James Garfield in 1881. There are several others who were congressmen at one time and later served as president, but only one went directly from Congress to President. (I believe)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And I thought I was bad when I was cheerleading for Obama.

Critical thinking skills and logical reasoning are sorely lacking when it comes to the support of Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Dodging and attempting to derail the thread?

Every RP basher dodges and attempts to derail from the REAL ISSUES.

Now, you did bring up a real issue in your original post, but it is easily explained away by what congress has become.

Oh, and you can get a whole lot more done with congress when you are the president. I have full faith in him, and even if he couldn't get everything he wanted done, i'd still rather have him in there TRYING, than any of the other lame-o candidates.

"wahh he's not going to achieve anything, or get anything done"

ok well have someone else in there that isn't even trying to work for the people..how lame
edit on 27-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
Oh, and you can get a whole lot more done with congress when you are the president.

Obama may have a different opinion.
And so do I. I would love for Ron Paul to be successful with SOME of his agenda, but much of it is far too extreme for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yep the amount of bills passed is what makes a successful congressman..... What's that you say? That it matters what the bills contain? Oh no don't be ridiculous it only matters how many.

Wow there is a serious failure in logic here

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Extreme circumstances require extreme reactions. But not OVER reactions .

And like i said, I'd rather have Paul in there trying to restore the core of what made this country so great, rather than another corporate bought President working for the corporations and not the people.

I guess i like him cause i know he'd be doing what's in our best interest, even if some see it as "extreme" or "radical". A ton a things need to be changed in this country, we can't just keep spraying a huge can of lysol at the stink. We have to throw it out all together.
edit on 27-12-2011 by dannotz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Awesome

What makes a successful president (or congressman) is one who is SUCCESSFUL in making the changes that the people elected him to make. If Paul's record is any indication, it's not looking too good.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the info OP. I am definitely not voting for RP now.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
its more about what he stands for, he brings up the topics no one else will, or are to scared to. no as president he wouldnt be the "be all end all" but he inspires the people who elect the representatives and can hold them accountable. People dont feel like they have a voice any more, they only people who's thoughts matter are the ones passing out the money.Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yeah I'm not sure if you have noticed but the congress is corrupt. One man standing against a cesspool of corruption is not an easy thing. Your only spouting what your opinion of a SUCCESSFUL congressman is and fail to see the success that RP is having right now. He has the media scared and for good reason, people are tired of endless war, the corrupt banking system and big government intruding on people's liberty.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And so do I. I would love for Ron Paul to be successful with SOME of his agenda, but much of it is far too extreme for me.

Which is the feeling of many people.

Sad to say but, I have been contemplating making a thread on why the MSM is so against Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Originally posted by phishfriar47
You know what the funniest part about this thread by Outkast Searcher is? ... He's literally telling us not to vote based on his 'usefulness' in the house (or lack thereof as he claims)...

Do you know what "literally" means? Because OS never told you not to vote...

And you know what I find funny? Your ONLY post in this thread goes after another member instead of posting your opinion on the topic... That's what people who don't have an argument do, you know?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I wish you would. I would love to read it!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So your measure of success is how well he went with the flow? This post is ridiculous because you cant judge his success based on the amount of garbage bills bandwagoned. I hate to break it to all the people who are starting these stupid RP posts but the people on ATS are a little smarter and skeptical than the average person. I suggest you take your flawed logic to a more feeble minded website. I'm sure the Bill-O fanbase would eat this up and maybe you can sway a few people who are on the fence there. As far as time well spent goes, you aren't going to convince any of us here. Stay if you like, but the low hanging fruit lies elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I flagged this post just so more would see it and see the ridicules circular arguments you and others are using in trying to discredit somebody who is doing his damn well best to wake up all the walking sleeping people out there. Your constant insistance on proof of him being, "SUCCESSFUL", or not, can't possibly be proved until you define success. And obviously yours and your like have a different definition of success as do most of us here on ATS.

[snipped]
edit on Tue Dec 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join