It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's legislative successes (or rather lack of successes)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You don't need a constitution or some fools in a black robe sitting in a wooden box to tell you that phone tapping and secret surveillance violates privacy.

LOL. You're just arguing air now, Outkast.

Do you follow the Constitution or not???

Because it sounds like you want more of a dictatorship than a Republic...let's just let Ron Paul decide what is right or wrong for us....right???

So me saying that phone tapping and secretive surveillance is a violation of privacy and blatant violation of the Constitution = wanting Ron Paul to be my dictator?

LOL!!!!

Man you are so full of it. You'll do anything to win this.

Like I mentioned before that you conveniently didn't see or respond to...conveniently...oh so conveniently...

You CAN'T admit that NDAA or Patriot Act is unconstitutional because it contradicts the very motive of your existence on this forum. To promote Obama and destroy his competitors.

Obama promised in his presidential campaign to reject the re-authorization of the Patriot Act so you CAN'T say it is unconstitutional so take cover under the SCOTUS

Obama warned he would veto NDAA if the house passed it and he signed it anyways, you can't say that is unconstitutional either so you take cover under the mighty SCOTUS.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You hear that everyone? The Patriot Act, TSA, and NDAA are constitutional!

Nevermind what the ACLU and countless law experts have to say, they are constitutional! I love it! WOW that's some good stuff!

edit on 27-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

You seem to not understand the difference between opinion and fact.

The sky is blue...fact.

A piece of legislation does or does not adhere to a continually interpreted document...opinion.

This just demonstrates the illogical and fanatical thinking of Ron Paul supporters. The think they are right, everyone else is wrong...period. Ron Paul needs to "save" our country or it will fail.

You really need to study up on what is opinion and what is fact.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I looked through many (not all) of the legislation that he introduced (through your link) and it looked like sensible legislation to me. The bills dealt with a huge variety of issues obviously, the ones that I looked at were reasonable and seemed to have the best interest of the American People at heart. Granted I'm not a member of Congress, but I don't understand why they weren't passed. I'm glad that you posted those links because after viewing the bills that he authored, it confirmed to me, at least, that Ron Paul is not the problem in Washington.

Btw, this is my first post...so hello to you all!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by e11888

This just demonstrates the illogical and fanatical thinking of Ron Paul supporters. The think they are right, everyone else is wrong...period. Ron Paul needs to "save" our country or it will fail.

Illogical and fanatical thinking...hmm....

You interpreted my statement: because I said we don't need judges to tell us secret surveillance and phone tapping is blatant violation of privacy that I wanted Ron Paul to be my dictator.

Your words, not mine.

So who has illogical and fanatical thinking? The guy that starts a dirt thread on Ron Paul because he's afraid of Ron Paul's rise in the polls?

Check my history of threads, not one anti-Obama thread made. Proud of it too!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Since when was passing shady bills through congress a sign of great proven leadership?

They're not leading anything, they're fulfilling the motives of our elites and government through financial incentive.

If anything, Ron Paul is one of the only congressional members with the balls to say NO to special interests.

Jeez this whole thing is just backfiring on you.

What is Ron Paul's job as a legislature???

I would think it is to legislate...not just introduce bills that fail to pass.

Don't act like he hasn't tried to legislate...he has tried many many times...and he has failed many many times.

You have no good argument for that...you just try to say that it's good that he didn't get anything passed. Talk about doublespeak....Failure Is Success in the eyes of Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Nope, I love supporting Ron Paul, its pretty liberating to be honest.

I'm not ashamed of Ron's record at all, I'm proud to support a candidate with such great principles..unlike..somebody that shall be unnamed for fear of being blamed for derailing this thread.

I am happy doing it, and having lots of fun here, if you haven't noticed yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

So me saying that phone tapping and secretive surveillance is a violation of privacy and blatant violation of the Constitution = wanting Ron Paul to be my dictator?

You wanting Ron Paul to be the one to make that call equates to you wanting Ron paul to be your dictator.

Is there anything that you disagree with Ron Paul on? Or do you just follow everything he says?

If there is something you disagree with him on...than who is right in that situation...you or Ron Paul.

The lack of understanding of what an opinion is from Ron Paul supporters is amazing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by itssomethingyoudid
I looked through many (not all) of the legislation that he introduced (through your link) and it looked like sensible legislation to me. The bills dealt with a huge variety of issues obviously, the ones that I looked at were reasonable and seemed to have the best interest of the American People at heart. Granted I'm not a member of Congress, but I don't understand why they weren't passed. I'm glad that you posted those links because after viewing the bills that he authored, it confirmed to me, at least, that Ron Paul is not the problem in Washington.

So if they are good pieces of legislation...why weren't they passed?

Why wasn't Ron Paul able to show the leadership to convince congressmen and the American public that these are "good" pieces of legislation???

It's a complete lack of leadership that he couldn't persuade his peers that his legislation is worth passing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

What? I don't try to pretend anything. I love him for introducing those bills even if they didn't pass. It PROVES his consistency and his efforts on the hill. If he was passing bills that got passed in exchange for financial incentive like many of his peers, he wouldn't be held up on such a high esteem for his principles. One thing people cannot deny is his principles, integrity and honesty, not even the MSM that attacks him.

You say his job is to legislate, and although that is true, you left out an important part.

His job and the job of his peers is to legislate laws that SERVE AND PROTECT THE PEOPLE.

Oath of Office, ANYBODY? BUELLER? BUELLER?

ANYBODY that passes laws that hurt the people IS A FAILURE.

If you can't accept that before of your hatred for Ron Paul because you have an allegiance to Obama then you have some serious re-evaluations to do.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

If you see a thread detailing Ron Paul's legislative history and lack of success as a "Ron Paul dirt thread"...then I think you have just inadvertantly revealed that you are not happy with his lack of success.

It's odd that someone would consider someones legislative history, cold hard facts, as a "dirt thread".

Speaks volumes my friend.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by itssomethingyoudid

Hello,

This thread proves that he couldn't get so much as two Bills passed in the execution of his job as a Congressman for more than twelve years.

That's three Presidential terms worth of nothing.

Let that sink in........

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

its not the content, its the motive.

what was that about being illogical and fanatical?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Wars end day 1 with Ron Paul as president. Let that sink in....

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Here is the oath that Representatives take...I'm posting it because you keep quoting it incorrectly.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Their only duty is to the constitution...not to "serve and protect the people"...that is the police

Like it or not...the Constitution is interpreted...and people interpret it differently. Ones interpretation isn't more valid than the anothers...but it may be deemed incorrect by the SCOTUS and only the SCOTUS.

Just thought you might want some facts so that you stop quoting wrong information.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

its not the content, its the motive.

what was that about being illogical and fanatical?

You can't point to motivation then only have a record of passing one Bill in twelve years.
That's like your child mowing one lawn from the time he was 6 till he turns 18 and telling him how proud you are of his motives to cut lawns and save money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join