It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Japan seeking to dump US dollar in trading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think that's what this story is saying. It's in the planning stage. Although it is already happening in some other nations dealing with China.
Bloomberg

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Saw this on GLP earlier, and I do think it's another important sign in the coming collapse. It's happening slowly but surely, well not really that slowly.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ok I don't understand any of this number currency stuff and trying to make sense of it gives me a headache can someone dumb it WAAAAYYYYY down for me? thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Then buy gold, you WONT be sorry

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The Dollar isn't worth the paper it's written on.

It's just a matter of time and they won't need much of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
The Dollar isn't worth the paper it's written on.
Is there any paper currency that is?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
this is total corroboration of the benjamin fulford story about the trillion dollar lawsuit filed by the Dragon family.

learn more in the thread The Trillion Dollar Lawsuit That Could End Financial Tyranny

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

that is until they decide to go into every house and collect all the gold like your government did during the last depression.

edit on 26/12/11 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

when a country like china buys currency bonds from the US, that basically means they are investing in the trading power of the US dollar. This is how and why the US dollar is the international standard, because many countries invest in the US dollar / the US economy through the buying of treasury bonds and the likes.

When a country like China decides they don't want to invest in the dollar any longer, they "cash in" their bonds with the US government. China owns the most US bonds of any other country in the world.

Recently China has been asking for their shares back from the US government... The very first "delivery date" of gold payment that China was to receive was scheduled for September 12th, 2001. In the basement of the world trade centers, there was a reserve of gold that vanished.

The lawfirm that was dealing with the NWO's side of the lawsuit that i meantioned above was headquartered in the world trade center. All of their files destroyed, and employees died in the "attack".

but wait: a federal district court judge just ruled that the Country of Iran was responsible for the "attacks" of 9/11...

suspicious much?
edit on 12/26/11 by metalshredmetal because: edit

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Then buy gold, you WONT be sorry

Good luck eating that gold you have thar!

Wait until you see the € collapse - probably the first major European bank to go under (hope it isn't yours) - then get as much cash out as you can and spend it on tinned goods and security.
You need to do this before the sheep catch on and start their little food riots. But you are in luck, since most of the world is still completely clueless about what will happen when the € fails, you'll probably be shopped and back home hours before the MSM even reports on the very first bank run.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I bought many oucnes of gold bout 9 years ago. I have made quite a hefty amount on it since

And you wish me good luck eating my gold, I wish you good luck eating the currency you have

I know my gold will be accepted more places than VISA

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

What, and the dollar will take you further? haha. What happens when you run out of food, and it'll cost you a hundred dollars for a loaf of bread?
This is where you learn from the mistakes of your "depression-era" counterparts.
Perhaps it might help to research on the fundamentals of "self sufficiency".

A depression isn't like a natural disaster where you just "survive for a month or two" on rations... It may take years.

Besides, the gold idea is a good little safety net. Just watch the economy. The government may attempt to take your gold, but at the end of the day, gold will always be gold. The government can only manipulate it temporarily... but the people mustn't allow their "survival tactics" to come into play.
A depression must be met with isolation. Otherwise your country will pull it's way out at your expense, and continue to do the same thing to your grand kids.
If the germans could keep people in their houses during world war II, i'm sure you could manage.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Exactly!!!! Great points, ALL valid. So lets say they do come a searchin for my gold, how do they know where it is buried?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

hahaha i was more or less getting at that without directly pointing it out.

I mean at the end of the day, the population is increasing at incredible rates.

The 1930 US census determined the population to be at 122 million people (40% under 20 years of age)
The current population of the united states is at 307,006,550 (google).

With the constant growth of population areas, people buying bigger houses, etc. I couldn't imagine the US government being able to thoroughly check 3 times as many households.
In 1940, the amount of households was at 35 million
It stood at 115 million in 2010
(Link: www.census.gov...)
Not only this, but the labour involved would probably cost more than the gold retrieved, and given your current debt, i just don't see it ever happening. I believe it would be like using your hands to take your feet out of quicksand.

The current holdings (as of december, 2011) for the united states is at 8,133.5 tonnes, or 74% of the world's mined gold.
As of 2009, the amount of gold held by the gold exchange-traded funds (worldwide) for private trading is near 2000 tonnes.

500 tonnes of gold were sold to the US treasury at $20.67 per ounce during the 1933 depression

I'm finding it difficult to quickly grab statistics of confiscated gold during the depression, in comparison to the quantity of privately owned gold within the united states in 2011 to even hypothesise the plausability of a 2011 gold confiscation in the united states - but even in a city like mine (one of the world's smallest in population), i still couldn't fathom the government's hypothetical ability to efficiently search every household for it's gold contents in 2011/12 (note the word efficiently).

I'm not quite sure how people thought during the 1930's, but i could only assume that given the current civil unrest in the united states, your citizens won't just give the gold back without a fight.

TLDR: A modern confiscation of privately owned gold under any quantity deemed to be "hoarding" would simply make things worse for the US financially.

Feel free to counter this information. I mean, i've only really been around for 21 years, so all my information goes off research rather than personal experience.
edit on 27-12-2011 by xxdaniel21 because: adding statistics.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Simple answer - There is an increased cohesion in the global economy with direct Yuan and Yen trading. This is good.

Complex answer - Looks like the SDR from the IMF is gaining some traction, this is also good.

As for China dumping US bonds, last I heard it was about 5% of their reserves, not enough to make a drastic impact but enough to send the message that the gravy train is nearing its final station.

As for the other comments about investing in gold if / when the next recession hits, it is the concept of ownership that will be lost as the state takes it all and tries to spread around the limited resources. Gold, cars, tools, machinery or anything else of worth to the basic social stability can be confiscated for the common good.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's about time the 2nd and 3rd largest economy do the right thing.

The world is waking up ..
US dollar is worthless due to most massive debt in history.
US businesses have no integrity due to scandals and data manipulations.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

ok that clears it up a little, are there any rules in place that stop them from cashing all of them in at once?? Also since we import a whole crap load from china wouldn't that keep them from wanting to do anything to hurt our econ?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am raising the BS flag ...

First of all, China is "anchoring" it's yen to the dollar ... meaning no matter how the dollar faires with other currencies, it will always be 6.6 for the yen.

Second, exports go up with the dollar going down ... it's the high dollar, that causes less exports. China is actually making a lot of money, on a dollar staying high.

The bloombergs are making billions on stupid Americans, who go out and buy cheap stuff made in China, at outrageous bloomberg prices. It's in their interrest to make sure, the dollar stays high so they can get a lot of cheap stuff from china, and make stupid americans pay big dollar for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
I am raising the BS flag ...

First of all, China is "anchoring" it's yen to the dollar ... meaning no matter how the dollar faires with other currencies, it will always be 6.6 for the yen

You may wish to lower your BS flag....

Japan has the Yen as its currency.
China has the Renminbi/Yuan as its currency.
The current Dollar/Yuan exchange rate is 6.3

PEACE,
RK
edit on 27-12-2011 by Rigel Kent because: to spell Renminbi correctly

new topics

top topics

join