It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Boyfriend found this on his fence the other day.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I mean I don't really think its "dumb" to fall for it, but Hey we found the damned thing, why not see if it holds any meaning, and if not, oh well cool we all learned about runes. But I'm still digging.

But hey you could be right, my grandpa said someone could just be playing a trick on us to mess with our heads.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

ahh thank you for elaborating on what they were. I realized I should probably start there If I'm going to understand any of this

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Have you tried printing it and looking at it in the mirror ?
Maybe folding the halves together so that the letters match up?... maybe then looking in the mirror ?
Folding it up and looking at it with a flashlight ?

I dont know what it is, but would try those....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Well i could print it, but i could just use the original lol. Unless I didn't want to mess up the one yeah i see where printing is a good idea!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
After reading all 12 pages, It is a combination of furthark,Tolkien, and something else. The Amy and number is something to look into. I believe it's a prank, not a "curse" or bad omen. Weird? Absolutely, this is the right place for this though. Thanks for sharing, and a lot of people have came through with their theories based on reasearch and combined a lot of good possibilities. I love threads like this. If this happened to me, I would be thinking about it constantly just to figure it out, (I get on truth seeking trips) It's not any "Aryan" gang codes. Those have a whole different symbol structure/arangement and generally numbers are not included except a "14-88' for a signature. A fun prank, but the real concern is "WHO" played it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
amy wants to meet your boyfriend friday night

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

A rune is a multipurpose glyph. Used primarily by Germanic tribes and the Vikings. A rune simply means a "mystery," implying something which is unknown, and requires study and analysis to understand. The runes represented a lot of various things to the tribal peoples of pre-German occupation, and the Vikings.

Primarily, they were a language, representing 16, 24, and 26 letter alphabets. Our A, is their Ansuz. Our B, is their Berkano. Our C, or K, is their Kanaz. Our D, is their Dagaz. Just like the Greek alphabet has Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, and so on.

Additionally, the runes told the mythology of the people who utilized them, each stone representing a process, figure, or event in the creation, formation, evolution, decay, and inevitable destruction of the Earth and it's partner spheres, the Nine Worlds. For instance, Fehu (F), the first rune, has three levels of meaning"

The most mundane meaning is that of wealth, fortune, possessions, and security in the physical sense of the word. Cattle were the common form of wealth in Viking and tribal culture, so the cow is the symbol of Fehu on this base level. This symbolism relates to the deity Niord, who is the god of cattle, possessions, and wealth.

On the second level of meaning, Fehu represents fertility, sex, lovers, and combination or conjunction. The deities Freyr and Freya are represented here by Fehu. The physical wealth of Fehu now becomes family wealth: lineage, kinship, heirs, traditions and the like. Royal bloodlines, and being proud of your ancestry. No longer is it physical wealth, but emotional/spiritual wealth.

On the deepest level, Fehu represents the First Fires of creation from a place called Muspelheim. Fehu here represents the fires of passion, which bring about all manner of existence. No longer is the wealth measured in materials, or lineage, but now it is strictly based on existing at all. "How glorious it is, to be anything at all!"

Finally, the runes were a form of divination, prophecy, and magick (faith, belief, prayer, etc) to the people. Just as Americans carry a lucky rabbits foot, one might carry a rock engraved with Fehu, to procure wealth, a good name, a suitable lover, and passion for his/her existence.

In rune casting, the caster would mix the rune-stones up in a bag, bowl, or sack. They would then draw them and place them in an order to read their fate/fortune/advice. Similar to how a gypsy draws Tarot cards to read into the psychological, emotional, physical, and spiritual paths of the person who visits them.

This is just a small sampling of rune lore, magick, myth, and associations of course. A cursory glance at Google can provide you with numerous outlets for learning about them.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Skrillex needs to remake jingle bells!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
from the image the one on the right looks like ancient sabean (axum) writings, i'm sure some of the characters are from ancient axum.
doesn't make any sense.
edit on 28-12-2011 by simplelife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It doesn't look like anything good to me, you should immediately burn it.
edit on 28-12-2011 by hotbread because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
HIM & + AMY

Whether that means anything to you or your BFs mum or not?
edit on 28-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'll admit I didn't read all 12 pages, as I recognized it right away. Not witches, Druids, or ancient anything. It may, however, be communications from LEPRecon.

Check the Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer. They each have a code that runs along the top (or bottom?)(or both?) of each page.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
if you're really concerned about this burn it return it to earth and cast some salt on it. I personally am leaning towards someone is trying to spook you, unless you happen to have upset someone who has attempted to cast some kind of spell on you. The problem with some encantations/spells is they are personalized. It's not uncommon for practitioners to create their own symbols of cipher so that others can not crack their books, journals or in your case their spells. It's important to note, MANY who practice magic Wicca believe in the law of 3 so I wouldn't worry to much as many of those symbols do ring familiar with wiccan practice. There does appear to be a blend of norse "ish" runes on that page, the numerology strikes me as odd as well. This wasn't handed to your bf ? This was left for him to find ? It seems indirect but at the same time it was left for him to find, so maybe it was an attempt at a hex but left indirect in hopes the one who cast it wouldn't absorb any backlash. How ever there are those who don't follow wiccan rules and beliefs and that can be quite reckless, and there are much more dark practices in the world. On first site, it doesn't seem to be either really. Especially with the inclusion of numerology. my bet it's in attempt to gain acess to your Boyfriend or yourself. I'm going to look into it, my suggestion for now is treat this object as it was intended to be used. It's a potential spell of some kind. It's an attempt to bend your will or fate, just keep that in mind.

I just wanted to add, the part that strikes me, is the black ink has shapes that look quite similar to fountain pen or quill strokes. It could be written in a thin felt pen or sharpie. I've marked the ink dots indicating starting points in the strokes for the letters. This just stood out to me, the image isn't a good enough quality to tell if this bleed is caused by a felt pen or quil/fountain pen and well. if it is writting with quill and ink, I'd be a little more concerned, if it's felt pen you've been had by an inexperienced uncaring practitioner or it's a prank. either way they are trying to take you for a ride. Can you tell what this is written on ? Paper ? Thin, thick, does it have a smell, colour ? I noticed a stain I marked that too, does this have a smell ? Is the stain coffee, tea, oil ? what is it ? these could all help. I notice the fold, did you fold it ? Was it found folded ?

Thanks looking forward to your reply.

here's the pic I drew on.

edit on 12/28/2011 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Fold the paper vertically one side has numbers that clearly overlay the symbols.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Nope. My mistake. Wrong code. Stupid Always-on-the-run-ness.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I did a search on

STD HAS AN ELF

Surprisingly I got a answer that might be something.maybe not interesting though
from the magic deck vortex ...

.Magic Deck Vortex

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Noticed some folks were wanting the a picture that shows the writing without having to turn their head or look in a mirror to see the correct way....

I love killing time at work with this kind of stuff, although I don't think I've actually solved anything.... it's still fun.

Here's what I've been working on. I went into a photo editor (ms paint actually) and flipped the photo to read normally, cropped the writing, and started messing around inserting pictures of runes from areas people mentioned in this thread (thanks everyone),

so here's the time killer of mine so far (1 work day), I was going to start messing around with the wording/meaning today and see if I could come up with anything. and whether you solved it or not don't tell me cause I'm only still on page 8.... and just heard about "amy"... it's like a live action soap opera hahahahahah

now lets see if I can get this picture upload done right the first time...

Heres a small version

and original size

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I had a funny memory pop into my head about the writing on the wall from the Bible or in this case the writing on the paper near the fence. It probably didn't help that I just got done reading some of the recent "end of the world" threads here.
It doesn't sound like an omen or spell or something but just a prank or a ticked off ex-girlfriend. I think the STD HAS AN ELF thing might be close. Could be his ex-girlfriend being a jerk and saying "Stay away from him he has an STD" but not in a warning sort of way but in a bullying sort of way. And she might be making fun of the OP for dating him saying that she is an "elf" although I'm not sure how that would be an insult.
Maybe it's an abbreviation.
S-Stupid
T-?
D-Dork

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
found some decent rune info.... not sure how correct the websites discriptions are and/or whether I'm doing i'm translating runes correctly with next to nil experience in runes, but it's fun : ) this is what I would best guess it to be (in order)

1st Rune

FREY
FEHU
FEOH(f)
FORTUNE
A Rune sacred to Freya, Goddess of fecundity and love.
Right Side
A fulfillment rune of good fortune, material stability, security, wealth. FEOH feeds and nourishes on both the spiritual and material planes. An indication of something earned or won. "The primal cow, the sow, the fertile originating animals, our common beginning." It is essential to share good fortune with others. This rune also indicates fertility and harmony.
Reversed
At a standstill, lack of balance and possibly some form of loss.

2nd rune (has emphasis to it with the dot on either side)

ISA
IS (I)
ICE
A Rune sacred to intensity, it intensifies any other rune associated with it.
Right Side
The rune of obstacles and mental blocks. It is a barrier stopping or preventing, while warning against proceeding. As a beacon it is a "shining light", but stillness, patience and sacrifice of the "I" may win the prize. Other meanings include: coldness between people, lethargy, death end, termination, strong hidden forces and blocks to thought and deed. This rune intensifies the meaning of any other runes associated with it.
Reversed
This rune reversed is indicative of a coldness which gives rise to conflict and arguments. only by acting positively can the ice be melted.

3rd rune (the m)

EHWAZ
EH (e)
HORSE
A Rune sacred to Frey, Summer sun and the erect penis.
Right Side
This is a rune of travel and change, possibly of job, career, residence or maybe all three. This rune brings a message from the Gods and rank, pride, happiness and an aid to the restless. It may also indicate spiritual journeys and faith in one's destiny.
Reversed
This rune reversed warns of a restlessness and a desire to escape by traveling or moving away from the problem - a passage away from pain.

4th rune

NAUTHIZ
NYO (N)
NEED
A Rune sacred to Norns, weavers of fate and Nort, Goddess of night who gives birth to day.
Right Side
A rune of limit, limitation and patience. Keywords include: necessity, need, absence, sadness, tiredness. It is indicative of the hardship of existing on less than enough. Much hard work and patience is needed to work through the pain and strife, but the experience must be treated as a period of learning in order to overcome difficulty rather than becoming bitter. There is a warning against greed and desire as this will only prove destructive.
Reversed
This rune reversed warns against hasty decisions and careful thought about any pending commitment.

5th rune (I've seen written as a ^ and also as a wierd A)

URUZ
URZ
UR (U)
POWER
A Rune sacred to Thor, God of thunder and strength.
Right Side
A rune of creativity and sexual energy. UR also represents the death of a cycle, out with the old wild ox and in with the new. May indicate a dark period with material loss or the loss of a person but new opportunities will arise from this. It is indicative of an unpredictable power, tests and greed. Opportunities, sexuality and good luck are the keywords for this rune.
Reversed
Opportunities that have passed by, possible health problems and a lack of progress in certain areas.

6th rune (angled differently but seems to be)

SOWULU
SIGEL (S)
SUN
A Rune sacred to Balder, the beautiful God and the Solar Wheel.
Right Side
A rune of health, wealth and happiness and contact with one's higher self. Now is the time to use the sun's energy for regeneration and reveal secrets that are hidden. Other meanings include: creativity, guidance particularly of sailors, spiritual power to "resist disintegration", the light of the world and positive beneficial magic.
Reversed
This rune reversed warns of the possibility of carelessness or recklessness leading to ill health or danger.

8th rune

HAGALAZ
HAGAL (h)
HAIL
A rune sacred to Heindall the watcher and Mordgud, keeper of the icy bridge to the underworld.
Right Side
A rune that warns of illness. Hagal means hail and is symbolic of uncontrolled and destructive forces. It is a time of upheaval, discord and disruption and general bad luck. There will be setbacks and problems all which need to be endured in order to come through on the other side.
Reversed
This rune reversed is indicative of uncontrollable events leading to delays.

edit on 28-12-2011 by FORMe2p00p0n because: needed to wipe clean

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Cont...

9th Rune

DAGAZ
DAEG (d)
DAY
A Rune sacred to Heimdall, the watcher.
Right Side
This is a rune of harmonious unexpected success. It is a balance between light and darkness; as night gives way to dawn, this gives way to day and so on. It is a beacon of light bringing forth clarity, success and abundance in life. The time is right to embark upon a new project, but be cautious in the journey forward.
Reversed
This rune reversed warns of treading carefully and conserving energy.

10th Rune

TEIWAZ
TYR (t)
TRY (God of War)
A Rune sacred to Tyr, Lord of the Heavens and war leader.
Right Side
A rune of bravery and steadfastness in the face of any adversity. New partnerships will produce great things. This is a rune of energy, contentment and passion and it is a much used talisman. Other meanings include: a brave and noble death, self knowledge, faith, victory and success in law and war.
Reversed
This rune reversed is symbolic of frustrations and quarrels that sap the strength.

the 11th rune seems like its a "SUN" rune and the directional arrow parts were inserted afterwards, I determined this due to the darkness of the up and down points, they are darker then the rune, probably because it was done after the fact slower or more heavy handed.... maybe giving it the meaning before/after, this/that or a reversal...

here's the Source
edit on 28-12-2011 by FORMe2p00p0n because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join