It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there such a thing as a non-religious oriented war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
has there ever been in the history of the human race?
i always hear that banning religious practice is the answer to war, but in a way religion seems to be human nature of sorts for many.
a need to worship a higher power.
in most instances banning something only means it will go underground, and i'm not convinced that would solve anything. i know whenever i'm told not to do something i think is important that i'll only find another way to do it without drawing attention to myself.
i'm not asking for opinion regarding which religion is the cause of more strife in the world, i'm asking more along the lines of how can we get humans to accept each others differences?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of the things we gotta get away from if we end wars is this thing we got about Divine words. As long as we put so much emphasis on what was said or not said we will always have strife and wars. We're always warring over words. Whose God said what, which God is the real God, show us the words. Thats where it all starts.

The perfect religion is the one that speaks inside your heart. No words, no scrolls, no books. Just a feeling that surpasses all the words that you know comes from something larger than yourself.

All the words in the world mean nothing anyways if you don't feel it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Actually yes, there were plenty of wars that were focused on wealth, not religion....A lot of times, the causes get misconstrued to make it more 'just' of a conflict....But really your asking the wrong question, has there ever been a war or conflict not based on Money.....Vietnam was a conflict on political thought, no religion involved.....same with the korean conflict....all about money and power.

Edit-Sorry, I re-read my post, and realized I was suggesting that Vietnam was based on political ideology which in fact was what the powers at be claimed.....where as we all know that the fight between US and USSR(or just communism) has always been about control and power.
edit on 26-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The US Civil War
edit on 26-12-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: clarity

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Every war is nonreligious. It's only made to seem religious so we have something to argue about while TPTB rape the world for every cent they can. Like any leader of a big time company, excuse me country, gives a flying F about what religion is practiced in any given country they only care if there's oil reserves or if a pipe needs to be put in. It's all a money war then they tell us it's the Muslims so we hate them instead of Washington.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

edit on 26-12-2011 by corporation because: .

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In answer to your headline: SURE!

War is conducted for some manner of control, either wihout or within a world, country, region, race, trible, family,gender, cult, club, etc
Religion is only one of the tools used to incite the wouldbe hordes offered for slaughter.
It is as simple as that. Don't over complicate it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7

....... they only care if there's oil reserves or if a pipe needs to be put in. It's all a money war then they tell us it's the Muslims so we hate them instead of Washington.

The example your using is called the CRUSADES (its been going on for a while....).

I believe the OP is looking for answers like the US/Mexican war, and the "Indian Wars" in the US.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
The US Civil War
edit on 26-12-2011 by BlastedCaddy because: clarity

don't think this is entirely true. even the civil war was fought between 2 sects of christianity.

After Confederate forces opened fire on Fort Sumter in April 1861, the vast majority of Northern religious bodies—with the exception of the historic "peace" churches which on principle adhered to pacifism—ardently supported the war for the Union. Of these groups, Protestants still enjoyed a significant numerical and cultural dominance in the 1860s. Catholics and Jews provided notable (and heretofore insufficiently researched) support for the war; but Protestants, given their numbers and position in American life, contributed religious or theological justifications of the war that had wider social and political impact. To examine Protestant attitudes in the 1860s is thus to learn much about the popular mood and motivations of Northerners as their "boys" marched off to war. We will look at three of these attitudes of Northern Protestants:

link, worth a read.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i always hear that banning religious practice is the answer to war, but in a way religion seems to be human nature of sorts for many.
in most instances banning something only means it will go underground, and i'm not convinced that would solve anything. i know whenever i'm told not to do something i think is important that i'll only find another way to do it without drawing attention to myself.
i'm not asking for opinion regarding which religion is the cause of more strife in the world, i'm asking more along the lines of how can we get humans to accept each others differences?

I never even read your opinion.
You started with a false premise to begin with
Maybe if you started with "Has there ever been a money war that wasn't blamed on religion" type of claim, but dude, you still do not get it so why waste time on your thread

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

Originally posted by rubbertramp

I never even read your opinion.
You started with a false premise to begin with
Maybe if you started with "Has there ever been a money war that wasn't blamed on religion" type of claim, but dude, you still do not get it so why waste time on your thread

if you have any info or comments to share you are more than welcome to do so.
otherwise i do not see your point.
as i just showed even the civil war was fought between two different factions.
another example given was the mex-american war.
once again, mexico has been the majority catholic, while america was majority other christian sects.
i think it does go deeper than those in power with a dollar agenda.
sure, that may be a good part of it, but the different sides being a majority of different religions or even different sects of the same religion is important.
sure, someone is telling them to shoot at each other, but maybe now you'll understand my point.
or maybe not, doesn't really matter, comments like this are basically useless anyhow.

dude, you still do not get it so why waste time on your thread

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yeah. Every war since 1812. Religion was just a cheap cover-story for what war is really about. You (being the bankers) instigate differences between cultures, then point them out and when it boils over, arm and fund both sides so that the outcome is of benefit to you. In order to control the outcome of war you must control BOTH SIDES. Therefore there hasn't been a single war since the foundation of your republic, that was based on what they (history books, teachers et all.) told you it was based on. War is a means of control, political posturing and population reduction all rolled into one.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

i've always told people that what the u.s. is really good at is arming both sides of a conflict and getting them to fight with each other.
it's basically what the cia is all about, especially when it comes to resources.
but this still does not disreguard thefact that they get the 2 sides to fight with each other.
sure, i agree there is a level of who is more responcible, but i also lay blame on the individuals who join in the fight.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Incorrect. The Civil War was definatly fought for other reasons than religion. Cotton to be the main reason. Succession from the union by the southern states... Even slavery would be a reason before religion when you're speaking about the civil war.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The vietnam war was against communism, supposedly, and so an ideology, isn't that what religion basically is, an ideology?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

See the problem is that the U.S. is just the "Great satan" to keep your eyes away from the devil you don't know (banking cartels. hope that didn't sound too nutty btw lol). The CIA does not fall under the umbrella of the USA, it's not part of the government. They are nothing but a tool for the Banking Cartels. Every war in recent history has had financial posturing behind it's incitement. Look at the farce in Libya, for example. The actions of the U.N and NATO during that whole fiasco proved to me just how far they will go to impose their governance over the finances of every nation they see fit to. The only reason why they attacked was that Ghaddafi wanted to back his nation's finances in gold and to nationalize that currency so that he could spread more of it to the people who needed it, the civilians. The banksters didn't like that one bit so they called in their attack dogs: United Nations, USSOCOM, CIA, American, Canadian and Brit airforces, etc. The way they did it this time though was very telling from a tactical perspective. Just watching from the sidelines I was often shown that TPTB clearly don't care how obvious their actions are anymore. They're not even bothering to hide it anymore. Almost feels like we're nearing a cliff, but can't see the edge yet. Not trying to scaremonger but you said you wanted to know, so there it is. Remember, google is your friend in this matter.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wars are fought over power. Ideology, religion, "movements", etc are just a BS facade to get the fodder who will die for you. Don't underestimate the naivete of the herd as they want and need to be controlled. Wars are fought to gain ground - actual geographical ground, monetary ground, or power of another sort by one elite from another elite. No war has been otherwise.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Incorrect. The Civil War was definatly fought for other reasons than religion. Cotton to be the main reason. Succession from the union by the southern states... Even slavery would be a reason before religion when you're speaking about the civil war.

i'm not arguing any of what you just said.
i'm only adding that what we are not taught is that the 2 different sides were 2 different sects of christianity.
did you read the link i provided above?
from the beginning of this thread i have not argued points like you just made.
only that there is more to it.
there is definately entities that get people to war with each other, but it's those who do the warring that are usually divided by religion.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think your onto something. War always has a religious side to it. Weather you have religious people taking sides in the war and then hijacking the real meaning of the war, a full blown religious war, or some sort of emotional response that can always be traced back to either what the person believes or indeed their religious upbringing!

It's kind of funny though because most religions have the same message and people just fight over different verses and traditions. Wars in the end usually end up being completely good for society. As of right now, there have not been a war that has damaged society so much that, we were unable to move forward because of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

once again, i'm not arguing any of what you just said.
well, maybe this if it was directed at me.

to keep your eyes away from the devil you don't know (banking cartels. hope that didn't sound too nutty btw lol).

otherwise, yes, there are the puppet masters, but laying all the blame on them and not even discussing the individuals/sheep who they goad into war is like ignoring the other half of the problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join