It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't Life Worthless?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If your family lives longer than you..... they will for me..too many cigrits beers and bacon...

make sure your live life in a way that somebody will miss you.

If you dont...nobody cares...your gravestone will be covered in lawn mower tred-marks and bird poop forever

do something!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

It's not worthless if you are enjoying it.

Try living in the moment and not worrying so much about the if/and/but part of existence.

You may be surprised to find that there are many things you do not know and have missed out on because you assumed it was all worthless.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If you are going to try to use Greek letters in your name, why not learn to spell first? Just saying another reason for being worth less. They would be worth more if you could spell. Right?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I totally agree...life has as much meaning to the cycle of the universe as an ant's life's on the other side of the earth has meaning to you.
But it's what you do with it to create meaning for yourself while you are here. We're like any other living being on this planet: we're born, we live and we die. But since you're here anyways, why not make the best out of it? One can sit around all day their meaning of life, or can go out and give your life a meaning to yourself at least.

Drinks up!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There is a very fine thread of hope that runs through the fabric of the human psyche - we work nine to five, day in and day out, we look forward to our breaks, or the weekend - we look forward to the cessation of negativity, but not to the extent of reaching a plateau of boredom when life becomes too perfect. We "have" to work, and to cease eating or to end ones life is far to negative to have to endure - so we live throught it, only when we have the time to dwell on life's emptiness does it really have any affect on our daily lives.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why watch a movie if you know it will end?
Why listen to a song if you know it has an end?
Why read a book if you know it will end?

You cannot base the worth of something by its end alone. You need to consider the beginning and middle as well, then reflect on the whole. Do this and you will find meaning and purpose.

edit on 27/12/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
To the OP: the more I look for conscience, the more my ego complains about it.
Damn hard business being here it is.

Our makers (what ancient religions call gods) are still fine tuning.... human sapiens
has too much ego to be a good vehicle for observation. You have to be almost a monk
to get a glimpse of the multidimensional part of us... something is not ready in our
hybridization process.

Maybe if we live 300 years we could start thinking in long terms for the quality of life.
Next generation is not enough for our egos.

Peace,

-Robert

edit on 27-12-2011 by RobertPaulsim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

So what make my life, or your life, or anyones worth anything right before, or after passing? Nothing.

Eternity is now, to ease one anothers suffering,

I have often thought if this is all there is then I wish I had never been born, but there is the now and we do need one-another whether there is an after life or not,

I don't remember before my birth, I wont remember after my death so in-between is immortality.

edit on 113131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join