It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy The Rose Parade

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by captaintyinknots

dude. your question was answered above. take it or leave it. it was answered.

DUDE, why won't you just answer the question in your own words? Why do you continue to avoid it?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Easy. I let the person who organized the march at the rose parade answer the question. Now, stop trying to derail the thread with your trolling.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

You either stand up and make your #ing point or you stand down and bitch and moan on a site like this.

What's it going to be, my friend?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Easy. I let the person who organized the march at the rose parade answer the question. Now, stop trying to derail the thread with your trolling.

So in other words, you can't answer, but you follow the organizer blindly.

Kind of the same concept that rules american politics...

And again, calling me a troll doesn't cover the fact that you can't answer the question.
edit on 26-12-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

The purpose of the action at the rose parade was stated. you are now just attempting to derail the thread with your BS. grow up. your question was answered. period. now, stop trolling.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The purpose of the action at the rose parade was stated. you are now just attempting to derail the thread with your BS. grow up. your question was answered. period. now, stop trolling.

Again, calling me a troll doesn't cover the fact that you can't answer the question. Funny how you spend multiple posts justifying why you won't answer the question instead of taking one post to answer it.why is that, I wonder?

So, again, I ask, what is the occupy crowd hoping to accomplish by protesting the rose parade?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
So, again, I ask, what is the occupy crowd hoping to accomplish by protesting the rose parade?

It is obvious it is just to get attention. (Attention for whatever they actually are protesting about)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Banks are involved with funding 9 of the floats. These are the same banks that made bad loans, bet against the bad loans they made, then took peoples houses. They are also partially responsible for the economic collapse.

With the grand marshal being a war vet this year, also protesting the Wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, which took money away from social services. As stated by the organizer, they are not protesting the soldiers, but the wars based on lies that put our soldiers lives on the line. I know my school has had its budget cut every year for the past 5 years. Think of the money we could have spent on education instead of on wars based on lies.

The rose parade has a history of protest marchers that follow the march. Aids activists, George Bush, and more.. this year it will be the Occupy Movement. Deal with it

edit on 26-12-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

It is obvious it is just to get attention. (Attention for whatever they actually are protesting about)

But what exactly is that? To be a protest, by definition, there has to be a stated purpose. So what is that purpose?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

But what exactly is that? To be a protest, by definition, there has to be a stated purpose. So what is that purpose?

that purpose has been stated over and over in this thread, you just choose to not accept the answer. again. grow up. stop trolling.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Banks are involved with funding 9of the floats. These are the same banks that made bad loans, bet against the bad loans they made, then took peoples houses.

With the grand marshal being a war vet this year, also protesting the Wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, which took money away from social services. As stated by the organizer, they are not protesting the soldiers, but the wars based on lies that put our soldiers lives on the line. I know my school has had its budget cut every year for the past 5 years. Think of the money we could have spent on education instead of on wars based on lies.

The rose parade has a history of protests marchers that follow the march. Aids activists, George Bush, and more..

So what is the purpose? What do you want to accomplish? Do you want banks removed from the parade? The parade ended all together?
Do you want vets excluded from the parade?
Your last line doesn't make sense- you say that they are protesting the parade, then say you are protestors following the parade. Which is is? If its about the wars, how do you contend that protesting a parade will have any impact on the wars?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

To get attention - that appears the only purpose

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

1) generally, juveniles are the first to say 'grow up' to thise that question them.
2)no purpose has been stated. Only what you are against. Not what you wish to accomplish.
3) again, just because I question you does not make me a troll. If you are looking only for people to agree with you, I'm sure there are occupy boards out there where they would all be on board. The great thing aabout this site is that we are free to challenge each other. Seems the occupy crowd can't handle being challenged.
edit on 26-12-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

1) generally, juveniles are the first to say 'grow up' to thise that question them.

No. I say that to people to honestly are here to troll. I see your shaming language is coming out. You must not have a real argument to make personal attacks. GG.

2)no purpose has been stated. Only what you are against. Not what you wish to accomplish.

Just like every other protest that has followed the Rose Parade in the past, to raise awareness.

3) again, just because I question you does not make me a troll. If you are looking only for people to agree with you, I'm sure there are occupy boards out there where they would all be on board. The great thing aabout this site is that we are free to challenge each other. Seems the occupy crowd can't handle being challenged.

No. Trolling makes you a troll. I can handle being challenged with serious conversation or questions. People who are just putting their ignorance and lack of effort to read links provided on display is something I do not have time for. Any time you want to have a constructive conversation about OWS in general, I will gladly have it in another thread. Trying to derail this thread with asinine statements is not constructive. again, grow up, and stop trolling. If you need more information on OWS, you can always ask a Occupy Portland person, seeing as you are from portland.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

We are not dying, we are multiplying!

This is just chapter one

Here to stay!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Actually, occupy congress in january =)

Care to join us? Occupy Congress The more the merrier!

I am interested in seeing how this one goes. I can find Congress and the first sensible occupy movement yet. The thing I have been getting mad about every time I have asked what the movement is about someone says you should know by now or its everywhere how could you not know. Usually if something like that. The truth of the matter is there are so many messages that there is not a singular message. I do get it people are unhappy/that's life. I'm sorry but get used to it life is not fair.

I will keep a close eye on occupy Congress and this one will determine whether or not I support them. I have said in the past if they get their act together and actually stand for something that is solution oriented not just whining I will get out there with them. Even though I can't stand hippies those granola munching half-baked nit wits that couldn't get a job because they can't pass a drug test.

In summary if they can pull a rally type of thing where they have answers and solutions I will be there with them. Dear God I hope they get some porta poties. Would it kill them to plan just a little bit. I also recommend changing their call to the wild from MIC CHECK to anything else.

Yes I am being a bit sarcastic and I am being a bit harsh on them but they have shown themselves to be a nuisance more than anything. If they do not get their act together it will go down in history as the greatest waste of time in our lifetime. That would piss me off because it does have potential. I do wish it all the luck they will need it. It only took them 3+ months to figure out they were occupying the wrong place so my hopes aren't that high but from the statement I just made let me say I believe they have been.

I know from my avatar you would probably think that I am a granola munching dirty hippie that is not true that picture was taken of me down in Nicaragua while I was hiking across the country. I assure you that I ate rice and beans scrambled eggs and all the fatty foods I could possibly get my hands on. Lots of rum.

edit on 26-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: fix

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
At least the TEA party had a point. Re-elect old school Republicans.

That's absurd. 'Most Tea Party' candidates across the country were new or fairly new to the system. They bumped long time Republicans and democrats out of their seats at both the federal and state levels. The Tea Party point was to reduce federal spending and waste. It was a valid point.

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm still in the belief that it (Occupy) is a thinly-disguised democrat-controlled movement.

Not so thinly-disguised. It's pretty damn obvious. Their fingerprints are all over it.

Banks are involved with funding 9 of the floats. These are the same banks that made bad loans, bet against the bad loans they made, then took peoples houses. They are also partially responsible for the economic collapse.

You want to protest those who pushed bad loans and are responsible for the economic collapse?
Then protest Barney Frank. Protest Chris Dodd. Protest Barack Hussein Obama.

As Acorn Lawyer - Obama sued Citibank under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans

Case Name
Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank Fair Housing/Lending/Insurance
Docket / Court 94 C 4094 ( N.D. Ill. ) FH-IL-0011
State/Territory Illinois

Case Summary
Plaintiffs filed their class action lawsuit on July 6, 1994, alleging that Citibank had engaged in redlining practices in the Chicago metropolitan area in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 15 U.S.C. 1691; the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3619; the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; and 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982. Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories. Plaintiffs sought injunctive relief, actual damages, and punitive damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Ruben Castillo certified the Plaintiffs’ suit as a class action on June 30, 1995. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 322 (N.D. Ill. 1995). Also on June 30, Judge Castillo granted Plaintiffs’ motion to compel discovery of a sample of Defendant-bank’s loan application files. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 338 (N.D. Ill. 1995).

The parties voluntarily dismissed the case on May 12, 1998, pursuant to a settlement agreement.
Plaintiff’s Lawyers Alexis, Hilary I. (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-7501 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Childers, Michael Allen (Illinois)
Clayton, Fay (Illinois)
Cummings, Jeffrey Irvine (Illinois)
Love, Sara Norris (Virginia)
FH-IL-0011-9000
Miner, Judson Hirsch (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Obama, Barack H. (Illinois)
Wickert, John Henry (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-9000

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I am interested in seeing how this one goes. I can find Congress and the first sensible occupy movement yet. The thing I have been getting mad about every time I have asked what the movement is about someone says you should know by now or its everywhere how could you not know. Usually if something like that. The truth of the matter is there are so many messages that there is not a singular message. I do get it people are unhappy/that's life. I'm sorry but get used to it life is not fair.

If you want a single message, i think "Stop the corruption" sums up quite a few of the many messages.

I will keep a close eye on occupy Congress and this one will determine whether or not I support them. I have said in the past if they get their act together and actually stand for something that is solution oriented not just whining I will get out there with them. Even though I can't stand hippies those granola munching half-baked nit wits that couldn't get a job because they can't pass a drug test.

I support and am actively involved in OWS. I hate granola, Hippies smell funny and my favorite episode of south park is "Die Hippie Die", I have a job, and can pass a drug test. I also shower daily.

In summary if they can pull a rally type of thing where they have answers and solutions I will be there with them. Dear God I hope they get some porta poties. Would it kill them to plan just a little bit. I also recommend changing their call to the wild from MIC CHECK to anything else.

There are already porta potties at OccupyDC, and I would think a few more will be ordered. We do try to plan, though it is a bit harder now with the camps being raided and shut down. I like Mic Check, especially when aimed at govt. officials. It makes me smile.

Yes I am being a bit sarcastic and I am being a bit harsh on them but they have shown themselves to be a nuisance more than anything. If they do not get their act together it will go down in history as the greatest waste of time in our lifetime. That would piss me off because it does have potential. I do wish it all the luck they will need it. It only took them 3+ months to figure out they were occupying the wrong place so my hopes aren't that high but from the statement I just made let me say I believe they have been.

Thanks for the wishes of luck! I do not think we were occupying the wrong places, especially for the beginning of the movement. It allowed us a small amount of time to organize on a local level. I do agree that DC is the best place for us to occupy, but organizing that on a national level is a bit hard to do right off the bat.

I know from my avatar you would probably think that I am a granola munching dirty hippie that is not true that picture was taken of me down in Nicaragua while I was hiking across the country. I assure you that I ate rice and beans scrambled eggs and all the fatty foods I could possibly get my hands on. Lots of rum.

LIES! HIPPIE!
That sounds like a fun trip.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Banks are involved with funding 9 of the floats. These are the same banks that made bad loans, bet against the bad loans they made, then took peoples houses. They are also partially responsible for the economic collapse. [
You want to protest those who pushed bad loans and are responsible for the economic collapse?
Then protest Barney Frank. Protest Chris Dodd. Protest Barack Hussein Obama.

The Dems did try to co-opt the movement via George Soros. I spoke about this briefly on another thread. George Soros --> MoveOn.org --> RebuildTheDream

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join