It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy The Rose Parade

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Occupy The Rose Parade

www.occupytheroseparade.org

Dear Occupy Supporter:
In accordance with their long history of allowing protest, Rose Parade and Pasadena officials have authorized the Occupy the Rose Parade movement to march at the end of the parade, after all the floats have passed and the phalanx of police cars moves through, but while the crowd is still in place. The tea party won't be on hand and Occupy activists said this was a disappointment. Organizer Pete Thottam said "We consider them our brothers and sisters in arms in our fight to take back control of our country. “ Occupy activists are training at least 40 volunteers, outf
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I wish I did not have to work on the 2nd, I would go to this. For those of you that said the "Occupy movement is dead" after the main camps across the US were shut down, this is a reminder that we are still here, and still working towards our goal. Uniting the Left/Right against the corruption and abuse perpetuated by our government is one of my occupy goals, and I hope this shows that "We are still here". You can't arrest an idea.

and this

LA Times Article

Wonder what the line in vegas for "Shown or Not Shown on TV" is

edit on 26-12-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What a bunch of crap.

1)what are they hoping to acomplish by protesting the rose parade?
2)why are they protesting something that advocates for their right to protest?

In the end, this is why the occupy crowd is stupid. Its not about any kind of message or accomplishment. Its about garnering attention so they can feel special.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
What a bunch of crap.

1)what are they hoping to acomplish by protesting the rose parade?

2)why are they protesting something that advocates for their right to protest?

LOL. I can answer both of your questions in one sentence.

A: READ MORE - possibly even all the links provided.

You might learn something. I know you didnt even read the OP, as your 2nd question is answered right there in the blurb from the article.

How does that saying go?? "Deny ignorance, dont perpetuate it"

In the end, this is why the occupy crowd is stupid. Its not about any kind of message or accomplishment. Its about garnering attention so they can feel special.

I dont feel special. I feel angry. Angry at my government for abusing my trust in them. Angry at congress for no longer working for the people. Angry at the media for pushing the propaganda to attack Iran. I am fed up with the BS. Again, read more, you might learn something. Always helps to know what you are talking about, instead of speaking out the hole on your backside

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
WELL unfortuanatly im not in portland to see this :/

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

though I highly doubt it, it may be shown on TV. You will also be able to go to OakFoSho and watch the live stream that will be going on from beginning to end. The camera and pack was donated to spencer by Ustream, so the stream quality will be really good.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

Occupy The Rose Parade

Dear Occupy Supporter:
In accordance with their long history of allowing protest, Rose Parade and Pasadena officials have authorized the Occupy the Rose Parade movement to march at the end of the parade, after all the floats have passed and the phalanx of police cars moves through, but while the crowd is still in place. The tea party won't be on hand and Occupy activists said this was a disappointment. Organizer Pete Thottam said "We consider them our brothers and sisters in arms in our fight to take back control of our country. “ Occupy activists are training at least 40 volunteers, outf

Again, what a bunch of garbage.

And yes I did read your op. It is about attention.

If you contest my assertion, please state, flat out, what the occupy crowd hopes to accomplish by protesting a parade.

The occupy crowd is a perfect example of misguided motivation.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What's next for Occupy?
A guest shot on "CSI-Miami"?
Occupy the "Tonight Show"?
Occupy "Dancing With The Stars"?

It appears as though they are more about gaining attention then spreading any central core message.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

At least the TEA party had a point. Re-elect old school Republicans.
I see what you are saying. Until the Occupy movement declares it is actually a machine to re-elect old school Democrats, it just does not matter to you because it is not accomplishing anything you see.

How those tea party republicans working out?
Oh...that spending report looks bad.

Maybe you just do not understand goals that are um...not yours?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

*sighs* right off the main website in the O.P. I will no longer research answers to your questions for you. Any further displays of ignorance or laziness by you will be ignored. I will just refer you to my first response to you, about reading the OP and links provided, which you have again chosen not to do.

Why Occupy the Rose Parade? The answer is simple.

The Rose Parade is an ideal messaging vehicle. Not only has it become far too militarized (see, for example, the choice of this year's 2012 Grand Marshall, J.R. Martinez-- an Iraq war soldier) and far too corporatized with major banks & financial institutions increasingly undwriting many of the floats. Tens of thousands will converge to protest the complete breakdown of U.S. Justice & Wall Street's revolving door and the 1%'s de facto control & takeover of America's political, cultural & economic systems. I.e., the corporate/banking takeover of public spaces & the militarization of events such as the Pasadena Rose Parade.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What's next for Occupy?
A guest shot on "CSI-Miami"?
Occupy the "Tonight Show"?
Occupy "Dancing With The Stars"?

It appears as though they are more about gaining attention then spreading any central core message.

You mean between Fred Thompson, a Palin, and Rudy Ghouliani already taking up most of those slots?
Bad examples.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Actually, occupy congress in january =)

Care to join us? Occupy Congress The more the merrier!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by beezzer

Actually, occupy congress in january =)

Will wait with baited breathe.
I'm still in the belief that it (Occupy) is a thinly-disguised democrat-controlled movement.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nope. We have already had people arrested for protestingin front of the white house, and also at obama fundraisers in NY. Screw Left/Right politics. They are all guilty of selling out the american people to make a quick buck.

Also, added this link above, but just in case you didnt see it Occupy Congress

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Typical answer. 'I won't answwr your posts anymore'.

Your response gives no answer to my question. What is the point? To stop honoring soldiers? To get them to eliminate the grand marshall?

Does the occupy crowd really think that the rose parade is evil? If so, its a sad statement on the fact that they have no clue.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Vizzle

Typical answer. 'I won't answwr your posts anymore'.

Why should I answer questions that show you have not done any research, by even reading the articles provided. Grow up.

Your response gives no answer to my question. What is the point? To stop honoring soldiers? To get them to eliminate the grand marshall?

I think I am going to use this again.

Does the occupy crowd really think that the rose parade is evil? If so, its a sad statement on the fact that they have no clue.

already posted above. answers both of your questions. If you need further explanation, I would suggest returning to Jr High.

Not only has it become far too militarized (see, for example, the choice of this year's 2012 Grand Marshall, J.R. Martinez-- an Iraq war soldier) and far too corporatized with major banks & financial institutions increasingly undwriting many of the floats.

No. But the people that provide a lot of the funding for it, quite possibly. Please, read instead of attempting to troll. It is obvious you have read about 1/100th of what has been posted.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Accusing me of being a troll for asking questions only serves to prove that you cannot answer said question.

I wonder why it is, if it is such basic research, that no occupy supporter can simply state the goal of the protests. Its always a run around. Always "do the research". Never a clear statement of purpose.

That is because there is none. You seek attention. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Vizzle

Accusing me of being a troll for asking questions only serves to prove that you cannot answer said question.

I wonder why it is, if it is such basic research, that no occupy supporter can simply state the goal of the protests. Its always a run around. Always "do the research". Never a clear statement of purpose.

That is because there is none. You seek attention. Nothing more.

No. I provided you the reading material. The answers are right there. If you want to know more. Read. By reading you will learn the answers. Dont waste my time by asking questions that are answered in the reading material provided. I am doing the research and providing the links, not you. Take the time to read them or dont. But I will call you out every time for not taking the time to read the research that is provided.

Here, if you think you can handle it, more reading.

"A total of nine floats are underwritten by banks. We believe the parade has not only been corporatized but militarized," Thottam said. "You have a grand marshal who is an Iraq soldier and we have nothing against him, but those two wars - Iraq and Afghanistan - were wrong and the government took money away from social services to fight those wars."

source

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

dude. your question was answered above. take it or leave it. it was answered in the exact words of the person who is organizing the action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join