It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arabic school textbooks which show children how to chop off hands and feet under Sharia law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Still not getting the picture...I'm going to leave this up for everyone to interpret, if it isn't becoming clear yet then, boy oh boy.

Source

Barbaric textbooks handed out in Saudi Arabian schools teach children how to cut off a thief's hands and feet under Sharia law, it has emerged.

The shocking books, paid for and printed by the Saudi government, also tell teenagers that Jews need to be exterminated and homosexuals should be 'put to death'.

Related Material

The House of Saud and Terrorism

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I simply find it odd here that in an article you site with numerous things to stop and go 'Hmm' about, you tend to take the one I have the least trouble with while leaving the most objectionable for last and as a 'by the way', in comparison. A world of handless thieves would make for a world with far less theft, I'm thinking. I wouldn't stand for that here, but they is their nation, not ours. It seems to work for them....

The garbage about the Jews and Homosexuals are what is vile and rank. Perhaps all that foreign aid would be better spent helping those people get out and free of a system which would kill them just for existing. Screw the thieves though. Crime is Crime the world over.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The islamic apologists will soon be here to inform us about how this is good and why we are bigots for not seeing it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's the incremental advances into the American society that is alarming...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Fair point there.... It would seem to move in baby steps. Okay, I see your point there...even if the order of outrage is still a little off.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'll say I'd like to see an independent translation for confirmation, but I don't believe this is surprising, given what we know of Saudi Arabia. Fairly telling that they are one of our close allies in the region and I believe are more repressive than most of the nations we aim at for "humanitarian" reasons - I might be wrong about that, though.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Cool!

I wish my school taught me how to do cool stuff like this, instead of boring maths that I will never use irl.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I whole heartedly agree with cutting of thieves hands and feet.

Why not?, who cares?

What i care about however, and what you should really be focusing your mental energy on is why do western governments ally themselves with a medieval thiefdom that endorses slavery and routinely carries out fairly un-ethical human rights violations, yet at the same time we want to bomb a highly modern, westernised nation such as Iran.

Cutting a thieves hand off is pretty much the lighter side of life in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The islamic apologists will soon be here to inform us about how this is good and why we are bigots for not seeing it.
I can only speak for myself here, but I don't *think* all 'islamic apologists' doubt that there is an aggressive strain of Islam (as with any ideology) - some of us just believe that american foreign policy tends to radicalize larger numbers of muslims and provide a bigger soapbox from which extremists can preach, thus legitimizing them instead of letting the moderate strains choke them out by not pouring any fuel on the fire.

Additionally, we believe that a lot of what is put forward by a good many (government and news media) outlets is overblown and excessively incendiary to enable further unwise and inflammatory policy decisions (which tend to backfire on us and primarily harm non-combatants). I at least have no significant problem with properly addressing actual threats, but our government tends to not be so self-limiting.

Just clarifying - merry christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Condoning the traumatic amputation of heads, arms, hands, and feet??????
Ah yes, another hateful thread on this very very piecefull religion.
When will people learn that there is no hatefulness in the muslim religion.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Just like there are no hateful Americans with there death penalty?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
US and Saudi are best pals.

US is happy with Sharia law implemented in Saudi as long as the cheap oil flows.

It's obviously not hypocrisy on US's side. Just how the game rolls.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I know right? They'll be here soon!

Maybe we can invade their countries like they are invading ours, and give their kids good old christian peace loving teachings. Intelligent and real truth teachings. You know like if you swear at your parents the children must be killed, So much more civilised than how to simply cut off ones hands or feet.

# God's 13th Killing:
God kills Aaron's sons for offering "strange fire before the Lord." 10:1-2

# Four-legged birds are an abomination to God. 11:20

# Baby girls are twice as dirty as baby boys. 12:1-8

# God's cure for leprosy. 14:2-32

"Get two birds. Kill one. Dip the live bird in the blood of the dead one. Sprinkle the blood on the leper seven times, and then let the blood-soaked bird fly away. Next find a lamb and kill it. Wipe some of its blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle seven times with oil and wipe some of the oil on his right ear, thumb and big toe. Repeat. Finally find another pair of birds. Kill one and dip the live bird in the dead bird’s blood. Wipe some blood on the patient’s right ear, thumb, and big toe. Sprinkle the house with blood 7 times. That’s all there is to it. "
thoughtmenagerie.wordpress.com...

# What to do "if any man's seed of copulation go out from him." 15:16-18

# Menstruating women are unclean to God. 15:19-30

# God's law for wet dreams. 15:16-17, 32

# Don't look at any naked menstruating women. 18:19

# Homosexuality is an abomination to God. 18:22

# Don't mix seeds when sowing a field or wear a garment with mixed fibers. 19:19

# If you have sex with a slave woman, you must then scourge her. 19:20

# Don't round the corners of your head or mar the corners of your beard. 19:27

# Children who curse their parents, adulterers, and homosexuals MUST BE KILLED. 20:9-12

# Woman with "familiar spirits" must be stoned to death. 20:27

# The unchaste daughters of priests must be burnt to death. 21:9

# Handicapped people must not approach the altar. 21:16-23

# God's 14th Killing:
A man curses and blasphemes while disputing with another man. Moses asks God what to do about it. God says that the whole community must stone him to death. "And the children of Israel did as the Lord and Moses commanded." 24:10-23

# God's instructions for buying slaves. 25:45-46

# "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." 26:29

# God places a dollar value on human life; women are worth less (50 - 60%) than men. 27:3-7
edit on 25-12-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Source is the daily mail. I wouldn't believe it until I see a more credible and less hateful source. The daily mail speak to much **** for me to take seriously.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
reply to post by Daedal

I whole heartedly agree with cutting of thieves hands and feet.

Why not?, who cares?

Who starred this disgusting post... amputation for stealing, let alone petty thievery is completely unjustified; and what makes you say "Why not?".

Hey next time some poor person steals a load of bread, cut off their limbs? Next time somebody pirates a movie or song, cut off their limbs... You better be more specific about what level of thievery is deserving of amputation. Otherwise I find your comment completely repulsive and primitive.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Well i just checked Saudi crime stats. Apparently Sharia law is very effective and Saudi is on the bottom of the list when it comes to crime. And also i have heard they chop limbs in front of public so any potential criminal could scrap his plans after seeing the choppin himself.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

And i find your ability to take things out of context child like.

Why not engage in something a little more in depth than simple knee jerk reactionary soundbites?

Please refer to the second paragraph of my post, what are your thoughts on this?, what are your thoughts on recent developments on the world crude market and to what extent does this dictate international law and media?. Do you think our good allies Saudi Arabia will compensate the rest of the world on account of Urals Crude ever increasing value due to sanctions on Syria and Iran?

Do you even know where Saudi Arabia is?, or is it all just poopey!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Condoning the traumatic amputation of heads, arms, hands, and feet??????
Ah yes, another hateful thread on this very very piecefull religion.
When will people learn that there is no hatefulness in the muslim religion.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

The purpose of the thread is not to depict religion or a specific religion as hateful...but condoning atrocities to humans in the name of ANY religion is cruel and wrong.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I simply find it odd here that in an article you site with numerous things to stop and go 'Hmm' about, you tend to take the one I have the least trouble with while leaving the most objectionable for last and as a 'by the way', in comparison. A world of handless thieves would make for a world with far less theft, I'm thinking. I wouldn't stand for that here, but they is their nation, not ours. It seems to work for them....

The garbage about the Jews and Homosexuals are what is vile and rank. Perhaps all that foreign aid would be better spent helping those people get out and free of a system which would kill them just for existing. Screw the thieves though. Crime is Crime the world over.

You do know that there are many occasions where being a thief is linked to mental illness yes? Cleptomania is part of that. People stealing but theyre not doing it on purpse it's a mental disease. Socialization has a significant impact on wether or not people grow up to be thieves too.

By that barbaric law we should put re-tardrd kids to death because they are mentally handicapped and can't help it right. Useless dead weight is useless dead weight right?

Got something interesting for you, even thievery happens under sharia too you know? Under sharia the people threatening to do you harm will give you the option of bribing them to make them leave you alone. Basically thats what mugging is. So you want to legalize mugging? Mugging is thievery. Stealing is stealing, wether its coerced or done behind someone's back or breaking in to someone's house. So by that definition anyone who practices sharia that tries to extort bribes from other people, should have their hands and feet cut off too. Good idea. I bet they would advocate less for sharia if they knew they could die for extorting money out of people.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Pardon me for the silly question. Sharia Law is enforced by Islamic courts, don't they have official maybe professional executioners ?

I disagree to these practices, they are truly barbaric.

But seriously. Why would you teach the "how-to" to children ? I imagine only a few people can legally carry the punishments, correct me if I am wrong. So what for ? I understand why Saudian school books would promote and defend it but as for the rest, it tastes and smells like dirty propaganda, sowing seeds of blind and ignorant hate in western minds. The article being entitled unscrupulously "Arabic textbooks" when talking about Saudi Arabian ones only underlines the intent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join