It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arabic school textbooks which show children how to chop off hands and feet under Sharia law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Barbaric and sick. Not much more to stay...
No wonder the muslim countries in the middle east look and treat their people the way they do...

All in the name of Islam...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Hey dont criticise the law. If you dont like it dont commit a crime, or move to another country where murder, rape and thievery are allowed like the USA

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Murder, rape and thievery are allowed in the USA?

This must be the stupidest comment I ever saw on ATS. Only republican uneducated rednecks could say something like that…

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This must be the stupidest comment I ever saw on ATS. Only republican uneducated rednecks could say something like that…

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hey dont criticise the law. If you dont like it dont commit a crime, or move to another country where murder, rape and thievery are allowed like the USA

says the man safely behind his computer, somewhere in iowa

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

You. You offered to provide me other sources for this article. You didn't find any, right ? Will you admit this article is inflammatory and BS and that you can't find any other references of the information contained in the article ?

The title is very clear : "The Arabic school textbooks which show children how to chop off hands and feet under Sharia law". Because of this title, the article get clicks, because of this title, your thread get clicks.

If we are going to start a discussion based on this article, the least requirement is to verify the information contained in the article.

If you want to discuss this with integrity, in your own words, you would put this article to the garbage where it belongs and start an intelligent discussion based on the second link you provided about religious violence indeed prevalent in Saudi Arabia.

Then we would talk about Salafi/Wahhabi in Saudi Arabia, how they are a sect and a minority in Islam, that they are dangerous and intolerant fundamentalists, that they are rejected by the majority of the muslims, that they are criticized for their litteral interpretation of the Coran, that they are indeed spreading their teachings, that they are the Jihadists in Islam, that it is Saudi Salafis fighting in Afghanistan in the 80s that have toughened and embraced extreme violence, that the Talibans are Salafis students, that all this Islamist violence originates in Saudi Arabia (and Egypt, Muslim Brotherhood), that inexplicably for us peones, despite the War on Terror, despite the so-called Clash of Civilizations, Saudi Arabia is an ally of the USA and Israel.

That would make for a hell of a discussion, even above ATS regular standards.

Reading your other thread on the House of Saud, I am sure you approve of most of that. But all that will be read from the OP article is the word 'Arabic" and we misrepresent 1 billion of muslims, we turn against muslims as if they were one monolithic block, we have been conditioned by now to conceive muslims as people with the exact same opinions, a uniform group, indisputably antagonist to the western way of living, even tough every day in the news, we see the US and the West have allies and enemies amongst muslim countries. Islam is as diverse as Christianity if not more, religiously, ethnically, culturally... We won't acknowledge the situation properly if we don't get a proper assessment of the situation. We are not doing any good by spreading false ideas on Islam as whole, like it is a coherent whole.

We have to help at least morally and intellectually the moderates majority and what we are doing now is simply ignoring that they exist. We should denounce morally the extremists but proclaim that we are friends of the moderates of Muslim faith. We should know who is to fear or not instead of remaining blind.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thats terrible. Lets hope its not more "education" courtesy of the United States:

In the twilight of the Cold War, the United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation.

The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum.

Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Thank you for replying...you are correct, I did say I would provide sources which validate the OP, so as you requested here is a video to start with...

Confront the Saudis for teaching hate

Review finds slurs in '06 Saudi textbooks

6/11/08: Saudi Arabia: USCIRF confirms material inciting violence, intolerance remains in textbooks used at Saudi Gov. Islamic Saudi academy

State Dept. - negotiated deadline for reform nears

State of deception: The continuation of Saudi Arabia's curriculum of hate

Extremist Teachings Remain in Saudi Textbooks Despite Kingdom's Claims of Reform

" Despite Saudi Arabia's promises to clean up textbooks in the kingdom, recent editions continue to raise alarms in the West over jihadist language. "

Source< br />

In a textbook for 10th-graders, printed for the 2010-2011 academic year, al-Ahmed said teenagers are taught barbaric practices. “They show students how to cut (the) hand and the feet of a thief,” he said. In another textbook, for ninth-graders, the students are taught the annihilation of the Jewish people is imperative. One text reads in part: “The hour (of judgment) will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. ... There is a Jew behind me come and kill him.”

Saudi Royal support for terrorists continues from New York

SHAKOURI: Still no Arab Spring for Saudi woman

Let me know if this is enough material to get the general idea raised in the OP...if not additional information can be provided. thanks for replying and having discussion.

edit on 26-12-2011 by Daedal because: Fixing video

edit on 26-12-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
reply to post by Daedal

I whole heartedly agree with cutting of thieves hands and feet.

Why not?, who cares?

What i care about however, and what you should really be focusing your mental energy on is why do western governments ally themselves with a medieval thiefdom that endorses slavery and routinely carries out fairly un-ethical human rights violations, yet at the same time we want to bomb a highly modern, westernised nation such as Iran.

Cutting a thieves hand off is pretty much the lighter side of life in Saudi Arabia.

Insanity runs in your family and whoever scored you I guess. Because its beyond imagination to even talk about. You would never ever harm another being, and to equate stealing something, a minor property offense with horrendous lifelong torture and maiming of someone, real physical harm to a person is BEYOND BELIEF.

I hope you change your mind because Earth is just a test, and the outcome is a frequency match. There are infinite realms.

Rethink yours.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

LAW. Really? Interesting. First of all, no one hires a law maker, its a collective agreement of empowered people who aren't standing under others, to have virtues, particularly not to harm. Anything else is fascism and I denounce it as criminal. So most of our LAW MAKERS are CRIMINALS.

Now, if there is an equal world where children aren't abused and damaged, or enlaved or starved or raped and tortured, then maybe you'll have less crime. You do actually. However, when someone does wrong, the correct response is to counsel them and try to procure healing, and never ever give up on someone. If they're a real danger to society, serial killers, rapists, you may have to time them out somehwere.

But retaliation is demonic. Its being a violent abusive being that still needs alot of counseling themselves. This is all about learning what true Love is. And how to grow up to be a very caring, effective Light Worker in the end.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

Wow, double post. I never thought I could star someone twice. But there's a first.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionChanneler

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. If you wish to remove the spec from your brothers eye, first take the plank out of yours, and "he who is without sin cast the first stone".

We're not here to harm anyone, but to be very concerned at what others go through and even what they're becoming, and not to judge.

We should be helping those in need, in despair and at turning point when they need a helping hand, and if its gone over, and they've acted out in a horrible way, to reach them and not give up on trying to help them work through it, protecting society when needed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

My apologies in not refining the subject thread to define the problem...point taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join