It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're on your own this Christmas, or know someone who is....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks for the kind words, Nef: and Happy Holidays in return to you all!
Maybe I'm the first one to claim it, maybe not.. but family will cheer you up,
correct you when you're wrong, and reinforce you when you're right. They're
there all the time for you, and almost always are a surprise when you least
expect it. Biological families are either good or bad, and we have no choice:
but to be put on a list as a friend here makes you family, and you are CHOSEN.
And finally you're not alone here, unless of course your opinions are sometimes
as twisted as mine. Sometimes there's a stray uncle on here who needs a
Number Two taken on him, I'm no exception LOL. Thanks again Nef for the Cloud
of Christmas Present-- and the unique service rendered by Skep and the rest of you!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know, its nice to see so many people come together and express a sentiment. Its kinda heartwarming and - at a time when humanity is struggling for direction - very good to see.

Again, if you are alone this Christmas, and find yourself on ATS, know you have friends

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It really is....great thread Nefo....(((hugs)))

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have no family and i am spending this day alone. And I guess i have got no real friends either because not one of them has even called to wish me merry Christmas. I guess I have come to understand this it's been 4 years now since my father passed and who was my last living relative and I been alone every birthday, holiday since. I allways hope for a christmas miracle or something but have come to the realization miracles never happen. I am also facing eviction from my home soon due to loss of vehicle and not having transportation to and from work which was 14 miles away.

So happy holidays for those who have em.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm alone and it sucks. The last couple of Christmas were the best I have ever had, mainly because of my now 3 and a half year old son. This year is the hardest only seeing him for a bit in the morning. But those couple hours were the best I've had all year. So I appreciate this thread and the posts within it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. May the coming year bring happiness to all who want it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I hate to hear that Proob....I wish I could do something to help.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Im spending Christmas alone and yes its not fun..Merry Christmas everyone ! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I do this every year, just to send out special Seasons Greetings to those folks who may find themselves on their own during the holiday season - something I have experienced more than once.

The one thing the internet can give everybody is a sense of togetherness and ATS has a sense of camaraderie that is second to none among its members.

So, if you are out there by yourself today, or at any point over the Holiday season I raise a glass to you!

And if you know someone who may be alone - elderly neighbours, friends, acquaintances - why not give them a special present and drop by and say hello? Even if its only for 5 minutes, you may just make their day special.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Hey man, thanks its good to see that I am wrong and that there are other guys out there with heart! Merry Christmas!

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nice post, at least someone is thinking of us. Alone today and it's tearing me apart.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
thank you A LOT!
im spending these holidays alone myself.
the family is too segregated now and it gets worse as the years go by. people talk about each other and eventually it got to me that i chose to spend it alone, well, with my dog Tiger.
he's such a beautiful and loyal dog.
anyway, im the type of person that tries to ignore the negative actions of others and try to let the positive overcome it but, enough is enough. i don't "snap" at anyone nor do i go interrogate them in any way.
you're right on a "quick" visit on those that are spending it alone. my neighbor knew i was alone and he came over and brought me a plate of food, made me almost tear up.
im almost tearing up right now.

i miss the 90's, when we were an actual family.

thank you OP, you sure did bring a smile to my face.

edit on 25-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I am alone by choice, in protest to this consumer frenzy of idiocracy people engage in every single year. Family is just an excuse for what is blithely worship of false idols. Merry saturnalia.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

feeling less lonely now thanks

Merry Christmas !
edit on 25-12-2011 by notonsamepage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Your post made ME tear up....I know how it feels. If I could, I would bring you some of my famous Christmas cookies....people really do care....even those who don't know you. To everyone here who is alone, or feeling down.....may life take a turn for you and bring you everythingyou need, and some of what you want. I wish you happiness and contentment this New Year and always
Love,
Kat

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) for you Sugar.....

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm completely alone so here's a shot to you who are in the same boat. Screw the December holiday. Im done with every December finding out someone I love killed themselves. Here's to getting drunk and forgetting about Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SatansGift

At least you got booze to drown your sorrows. I don't have any money to even by 1 beer.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the spirit of christmas captured me this year!!! my two girls, age 10 and 12 and myself have had the most wonderful christmas!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Cheers! and Merry Christmas ATS!!!!

Being a divorcee, I got the kids the first part of Christmas. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Now, is mom's time to chill and unwind with ATS and a chilled Merlot!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

the spirit of christmas captured me this year!!! my two girls, age 10 and 12 and myself have had the most wonderful christmas

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but it seems a little insensitive to come to a thread about people being lonely and rub it in their faces don't you think....perhaps try the ATS Christmas Party thread here. Just more appropriate. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/25/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/25/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thank you. I raise a solitary glass as well, and salute all my brethren.
Merry Christmas.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join