It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're on your own this Christmas, or know someone who is....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Sadly enough....

you made my day...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've also spent Christmas alone before, its not the nicest feeling in the world. But there could be worst things. Christmas is over hyped anyway, all you really need is some food and a bible and your set. My advice for all the people who spend Christmas alone, is to get into the word... You will feel comforted and you won't really be alone. Just remember when everyone else has deserted you, there will always be someone that loves you... Jesus of Nazareth has a desire to have a deep intimate relationship with you because of his love for us.
edit on 25-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I go out of my way to ignore celebrating the 25th of December, which generally means I'm alone on this day.

I find it a bit ridiculous.

Its nice to be alone sometimes.
edit on 25-12-2011 by avatar01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Remember, you are never alone. You will always have yourself

I don't mind being alone on Xmas. I haven't celebrated it for years now. And it saves me money heheh. Anyway merry xmas to those who do celebrate it!

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am physically alone this christmas. But that is fine.

I meditated a bit today, talked to friends on Skype. Preparing for my trip back home in Virginia this Wednesday.

I wish well for you all.

Happy Holidays, friends.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
I have no family and i am spending this day alone. And I guess i have got no real friends either because not one of them has even called to wish me merry Christmas. I guess I have come to understand this it's been 4 years now since my father passed and who was my last living relative and I been alone every birthday, holiday since. I allways hope for a christmas miracle or something but have come to the realization miracles never happen. I am also facing eviction from my home soon due to loss of vehicle and not having transportation to and from work which was 14 miles away.

So happy holidays for those who have em.

That is incredibly sad no matter what day of the year I would read it. I am so sorry. Move to Florida like everyone else whose down on their luck. You know our state motto:: Come on vacation-leave on probation. So how much more can this possibly suck for you? I wish I could help ya.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As a divorcee I spent a good portion of today alone. I got chinese and kicked back and watched a Firefly marathon.
I have had many concerned friends checking up on me, so I wasn't really alone. You know who you are

But I have been celebrating xmas for a week now, going to a play, party at work, seeing a friend in a band play at church last night, that I don't mind having some time off.

You feel pressured on certain holidays to have to do something. That it doesn't have meaning if you don't follow certain customs.
But its just a designated holiday. and it doesn't make you a lesser person if you are not out galloping around.
Fact is, make of it what you will.

The best xmas I ever had was when I was married, we couldn't go home, so we rented a cabin for the night and went skiing. No commitments, no obligations.

My dad said the best xmas he ever had was when he was alone. lol

So for those who are having a rough year, I feel for you. and I hope it gets better.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't always drink alone but when I do, I am on ATS. Love you guys. Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

My dad said the best xmas he ever had was when he was alone. lol

that's funny.
my dad used to say that if it wasn't for us damn kids he'd buy himself presents and eat more steak.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
thx guys

as i am alone and got nothing to celebrate, i apreciate and gratefuly accept your wishes

and sending them right back to you all

merry X-mas guys and may we all have some great things ahead (ron paul for presi) !!!

greetings from holland

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
For me the holidays are good for nothing but bad memories... 26 and I lack the benefits of a decent job, or the luxuries of success. As the alias implies i have gotten fat off of nothing, because when you're poor and alone the only food you tend to eat is barely food at all. I am not complaining, these are the cards I have been dealt,.. but it is unfortunate to see everyone sharing good times with people in their lives, knowing this guy will have none of that. That being said, i can honestly say i am ready for the barren wastelands of post-apocalypse haha. Happy holidays and the like.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Fatso because: needed a tune up

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
That so sincere and typical of the good faith of members of ats. I have spent many a lost christmas on my own,but this year its been a happy one. So if you are having a hard time hold on as things can change. Merry christmas.

Kode

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good idea about the thread. This year is one of the most difficult i have had in my life so its much appreciated for writing up the post

I hope everyone alone or otherwise will stay safe and at least warm as 2011 draws to a close and 2012 opens and deals its cards of things to come

My heart goes out especially to proob4 - I think i understand your situation and I hope you are given some fortune before this play called life closes its curtains for good

stay safe, and lets hope 2012 has even a little bit of what we want.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

When I lost my job earlier this year, then my car and most of my posessions and the fact that I live in a isolated little place in Central Gippsland, I have had to face being alone on many occasions (including this Christmass and the coming New Year).

Eventhough my family (mum. dad, sis and three nephues) are nearby, it is still fairly harsh at times like this. As specially when I know I've been trying so hard all year and recieved over 200 job rejections. Living on less than $20 a week and the rest going towards the debts, which even taking out my retierment funds 25 years early couldn't pay off. Knowing now that I have no job and nothing to retire on if I remain this way tears away at me every day. What eats at me even more is the reason I became un-employed in the first place and the reason I remain that way, knowing there's not much I can do about it.

But, you know what.. I still have many friends and although it's been long time since I physically saw any of them and I can't afford to keep my Mobile topped up most of the time, the computer has been an important part of my life as a line to the outside world.

With a little luck one of the more recent jobs I applied for with the DSE (Department of Sustainability and Environment), will give me a go. Failing that I am schedualed to attend the CFA Career Firefighter Beep Test in Febuary (hell I'm in my mid 40's and just know the fitness test is gunns kill me anyway)...lol.

Giving up is not an option for me and never will be... I'll keep trying

Seeing messages like this helps a lot... More than you know...

edit on 12/26/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

*laughs*

My grandfather always said if all the kids paid back the money they owed him, he could retire.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

are we related?
you must be the one gramps never claimed.
i just remember, 'enjoy life' instead of 'retire'.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Even if it's a little to late, from Romania, you have a Happy Christmas + a Happy New Year !!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Even if it's a little to late, from Romania, you have a Happy Christmas + a Happy New Year !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join