It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Movie.. Let's see you debunk this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just found this video and did not see it posted here on ATS.

Welcome to Ron Paul: The Movie. It is very literally a point blank, in your face, look at Ron Paul and his treatment in the MSM. It is undeniable to anyone who can see, there is an Agenda being followed when it comes to Ron Paul. As his numbers surge, the playbook progresses. At first he was ignored. Then he was ridiculed and marginalized. Now he is being attacked. There are too many examples to think it is simply a coincidence. There is enough examples to make this 1 hour 7 minute movie.

Ron Paul: The Movie

On a side, yet related note, I also do not feel it is any coincidence that we are seeing a huge upswing in Anti Ron Paul threads at the same time as the more blatant attacks have come in the MSM.

This is ATS. This website held it's own straw poll back in August and, as expected, Ron Paul won with 83% of the vote.
ATS Straw Poll results

It has never been a secret to members here that these forums have been Pro Paul for a very long time. Well before Obama took Office. Feel free to search for all the older Ron Paul threads.

We also know that there is an information war going on. Our own Government admits it.

Yes I know it is RT and I do not consider them a great source either, but the fact is, that IS Hilary Clinton and THOSE are her words. So what can we expect from such an "Information War"? Well China has the best model which is known as The 50 cent party

So we have a precedence in place on how to infiltrate and steer public opinion using alternative media, forums, message boards, and social networking sites. But does that mean the US is doing it? Some would say yes. As this article from PressTV shows.
US uses Internet to sway public opinion

Now the next obvious question is, has ATS been infiltrated?

I say yes it has, and we have the evidence to prove it. A little over a year ago the ADL put out a report which listed a few members of ATS as examples of Extremist who post online. It was such an issue that ATS administrators, The Three Amigos, went on the attack in an effort to protect the members here and this web site. You can find the original thread, including a link the ADL pdf, as well as the ATS response as it happened at the following link, starting with SkepticOverlord's response.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So we know for a fact that people have used this site to copy the content and use that content out of context to further an Agenda. It would be foolish to think such a thing has not progressed further. I beg every member who reads this thread...

Be vigilant. Be Informed. Do not let anyone tell you what to think. Do not listen to me, do not listen to anyone. If a claim is made, look into yourself. Do not believe anything you see at face value. Do your own research and find your own answers and form your own opinions.

Happy Holidays everyone.

edit on 24-12-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Can we say infiltrated? I mean, its an open forum.. They didnt have to pretend to be a member to get in.. Though they are playing a roll.. Ats pretty much invited them when we advocated for paul so much.. I will get around to the movie, and im sure its what I expect.. So thanks for that. We should petition for a FOIA request regarding social networking infiltration and their member names. After all, we are paying for them to disinform us. So we should be aware of who they are. It may be illegal for them to hide that info. Could you imagine? I can! Im gonna look into getting that FOIA

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I like the idea, but I would bet it would fall under "National Security". I am not concerned about member names of infiltrators, they tend to show themselves. When I get suspicious, I look at the date they register and then I look for previous post and authored threads. It is not difficult to see a pattern and clear agenda.

Enjoy the movie when you get to it. I loved it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hilary says the U.S. is losing a Global Information War. In other words MSMs propaganda machine is not be bought by a world that sees through the lying. Man, I do not like the term Global Information War. I'm not having a information war with any one. Which branch of the government started, supports and controls this war?

It's not war. It is a matter of the U.S. government looking bad. because they are corrupt. So the world is not buying the bull? Sounds like the solution is the truth. What do you expect when the Executive branch has no transparency. We are getting on par with Soviet TASS news agency.

Hilary must be having a hard time looking herself in the mirror, either that or she forgot her comb.

edit on 12/24/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What this maniac Hillary Clinton refuses to see or acknowledge, is that these other media outlets present the issue in a way thats not condescending to the viewer.

People are sick and tired of the US corporate media spin. We're sick of the lies to be quite honest.

The brainwashing is not working as effectively anymore.

How many times are we going to hear the same BS, about how we should attack Iran or about Kim Kardashian's divorce or about how Ron Paul is a "kook or a racist or that he cant win"...

Enough already.
edit on 24-12-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I really do not want to get into a debate about the various news networks at home or overseas. I am sure we all see it for what it is, it's just a matter of if we are willing to accept the truth and be honest with ourselves about what we are seeing.

I do like some of the overseas news agencies, but like I said at the end of the OP, check everything. I sometimes ask people when this topic comes up one simple question.. Is it any less propaganda if you agree with it? So even if I agree with a claim being made, I check it anyway. I take nothing as it appears, no matter how I personally feel about it. Get facts. Always.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What an awesome movie. I hope this gets some more attention

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i did make a thread about this days ago here but did not get that much attention

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by MrWendal

The blind support of RP on ATS confuses me because members are always complaining about Obama and other politicians and RP is just another politician in my eyes. He is not a savior. If you really want to deny ignorance, you'll encourage people to look beyond politicians and their petty lies. We need revolutionary change and that won't come with an old stalwart like RP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The blind support of RP on ATS confuses me because members are always complaining about Obama and other politicians and RP is just another politician in my eyes. He is not a savior. If you really want to deny ignorance, you'll encourage people to look beyond politicians and their petty lies. We need revolutionary change and that won't come with an old stalwart like RP.

Well first of all what makes you think it is blind support?

I do not support Ron Paul blindly. I was a little late to the party to be honest and I was late because I had to stop and do a lot of research. Even going back and reviewing things I thought I already knew. Things like the Constitution and Bill of Rights. You see I grew up in Philadelphia in the 70's and 80's. Home of Ben Franklin, the Liberty Bell and the Declaration of Independence.

Many of these founding principles were taught to us in Public School. A lot of time was spent on this revolutionary time period, and it had to be that way considering where I lived. That time period is very rich in the history of that area. It makes me sad to see that things are not taught the way I was taught back then. Now that time period is quickly reviewed and the schools move on, but I digress.

Believe it or not, to really understand some of the things Ron Paul says, you really have to do some homework. You can not take it on face value. If you take what Ron Paul says on face value, you will be left with more questions than answers. So to say people support him blindly is a gross mischaracterization.

I agree Ron Paul is not a savior, he is man. He is man of principle who has stood alone on the floor of congress warning of hyperinflation, over spending, out of control Government which over steps it's authority. He fights to keep a system of checks and balances in place, which is a principle this country was founded on.

We do need Revolutionary change, and Freedom is a Revolutionary idea, just as much today as it was in 1776.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Ron Paul, like every other man, is fallible.

I was honest. I was suckered by Obama. Don't let yourself be suckered by RP.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

ron paul has proven he is not like the rest in the politcal arena,his past history proves it.blindly following?i think not,his stance on all issues are all on the table,so to speak,for all to see.congressman paul has nothing to hide.he's may not be a savior,but he is the best this country has and the only one that will bring this country back to it's fomer greatness,and to what it should really stand for.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I agree, Ron Paul is a man and he is fallible.

However, if you got suckered by Obama, that is your own fault. Anyone who researched his voting record in the Senate KNEW what he was all about and KNEW that the crap he was promising on the Campaign trail was nothing more than political talk to get your vote. Go back into the ATS archives and see how many of us right here on ATS continued to point out fact after fact after fact and we sounded a warning. We were called racist, bigots, and many other names for not buying into a cool marketing slogan like, "Change you can believe in".

So now that you want your change back, do not automatically assume every single person on the planet is like that. Research the Candidates. Just like we did with Obama in 2007, we can do it today. That is what we call being informed. So if we hold Ron Paul to the same standard that we held Obama, you can clearly see that Ron Paul stands up to the scrutiny and passes.

Obama told you all about how he believed in and defended the Constitution, but his voting record showed us that was not true. He voted for legislation that attacked the Constitution and weakened it, not defended it. Now go look at Ron Paul's words and go look at his voting record. What do you see? I see 20+ years of votes that match what he says.

I will be the first to admit, it is not always easy. I see some votes of Ron Paul's and I have to ask why. Then I find out why and then it makes sense. It makes no difference if we are talking about Obama, Clinton, Ron Paul, Romney, or some Politician none of us heard of yet. There is one thing you can always do, look at what they have done. There are still some very fundamental truths in this world, and one of those truths is that a man will always be judged by his actions, not his words, and we will never break this cycle until voters finally figure that out.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Keep on drinking the kool-aid.

I almost hate to say it but prepare to be disappointed when RP doesn't get that nomination. You and I both know that he won't.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You're missing the whole point.

RP is a POLITICIAN.

You should know by now that ALL politicians are NOT to be trusted.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks so much for your post. We Pauloholics need our fix and that was excellant.
Line number two.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That is a very narrow mindset to get trapped into.

I judge a man by his character, not his occupation.

Are ALL police not to be trusted?
Are ALL religious people not to be trusted?
Are ALL football coaches not to be trusted?
Are ALL judges not to be trusted?
Once there was a dentist in Florida who was HIV positive and passed the virus to one of his patients. A young girl, who was also a virgin. I guess we should not trust ALL dentist now either right?

I think you get the point.

Yes Politicians have lied to us for over a century, but I do not see anyone saying "JFK should never have been trusted!". Instead people say he was the last great President of the people that this country has ever seen, but if everyone thought as you do now we would never have known that because you would have been telling them it is all a lie, and they may have listened, and that is why such narrow minded, limited thinking can be so dangerous.

Are you really suggesting that the actions of Ron Paul for the last 30 years should be disregarded and not taken into consideration because of the actions of other people who shared in the same career choices? Sorry, but that lacks any real resemblance of what I consider logic.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You said it a million times beter than what I would have , maybe it's the language
star for you

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There is literally no comparison between Barack Obama and Ron Paul other than they both ran for president. If you were suckered into Obama, you never rally looked into him, because he was clearly a phoney. I understand your doubt and distrust of the entire system. I know that virtually every candidate has been and is paid off with just a couple of exceptions like Kucinich and Ron Paul. There is a reason the media is working against him and worked for Obama - they are not the same, one represents real change, the other more of the same.

What you need to understand is Paul is different, if you never look past the surface you may not get that, but he is. No he is not perfect by any means - but he is honest and will try to do what he says, that is a huge improvement over every one else who is working against the system, and for that reason, even if you disagree with him on many things he deserves your vote.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by TWILITE22

Keep on drinking the kool-aid.

I almost hate to say it but prepare to be disappointed when RP doesn't get that nomination. You and I both know that he won't.
it is not me that is drinking the kool aid.never been more clear headed in my life.congressman paul has a better shot at winning the nomination than any of them,that is of course they decide to cheat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join