It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Was Scheduled to Appear on a White Supremacist Radio Show in 2006

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

There's a better chance of American Indians revolting and starting a new War to kick the white man off their land tomorrow.....than Ron Paul ever becoming the US PResident.

edit on 24-12-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

Hey don't rule us out, it could happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The only good thing about this story and all the racist smears is that they are so obviously a desperate attempt to discredit Dr Paul through disinformation, that it makes those scared of his ideals show their hand IMO.

Anyone who would take the time to read up on Ron Paul's record would see right through this BS.

The thing that scares me is the voting computers-they are designed to be manipulated,and they have been for the last couple of elections IMO.

So they can discredit a particular candidate,then fake the votes...

How do you fight against that??

Its a sewn up system IMO.

edit on 24/12/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ron Paul did a candid interview on that comedy movie Bruno who tried to defile him on screen. Kind of sick of all this smearing campaign that people have tried to take up. Yes his done interviews that he is not proud of. But his views and what he has been saying has always stayed the same.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Why is it wrong to appear on a show like this? Surely the real, truly admirable thing to do would be to go on and hold your ground and challenge their views. Maybe it would sway some listeners who tune in , but who are not total right wing loonies/ I say that staying away from confronting these kind of people is even cowardly!

Listening to Ron Paul and his views, if he did appear on there can anyone really see him agreeing with the views of the show?!?!

Also I highly doubt he books his appearances even back then. It could easily be someone working with him who is just paid to get as much media exposure as possible so that when an opportunity arises they book it and everything else not looking into what the show is about and then leave it for their client to decide to do it or not. Sounds like he was booked, then cancelled it so this is probably the most likely reason for it.

People are jumping to wild conclusions here. When people do 100's of radio appearances a year they can easily be booked on a small radio show ans assume its just a normal radio show. Not everyone researches things like this beforehand or like he probably did they research closer to the time which is when they find out what the shows are about.

I once met a racist and had a conversation with them arguing why I believed they were wrong. Does that make me a racist? I for one would love to see the intelligent Ron Paul totally own a racist fanatic in a radio show debate!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What a surprise he only 'apparently' was going to appear. What bs and if the Op isn't a disinfo agent or Bstard shill they are 100% trying to slander Ron Paul for reasons other than their concern about him (apart from concern that he is a better candidate then their sorry excuse for one)

Everyone post and let these morons know that we wont be fooled here on ATS. I for one am going to keep a close eye on new posters and also slightly older ones who seem to have sudden changes of opinion or suddenly get really interested in a topic.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
even if he was on the show doesn't mean he agrees with him.he probably didnt even know they were racist. from my experience listening to radio shows, they invite guests who oppose them, create drama, and outrage etc....because its good for the ratings and they get more calls...they alllll do it. stop being stupid
edit on 24-12-2011 by Dayvancowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I wonder how hard it would be to fake one sentance on a blog, that apparently doesn't exist in their archive anymore. Or somebody just making up his "possible" appearance to get listeners.

Not very...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"If true", those two words tell it all.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Thanks for the response, Jim.

I'm not saying he is overtly racist, I don't know him.

If I sponsored a newsletter with my name on it, I would make certain that it said exactly what I wanted it to say.

Maybe he didn't know, but as POTUS, that would be his Job. Not a great resume builder, that.

Fair points, and I can't fault them. But I can also understand Paul's angle. He was fresh out of congress, back practicing full time as an OBGYN, and the newletters had already been running for a few years before the questionable material started coming up - definitely an oversight on his part, but I can fairly easily understand how after at least 2 years or so working full-time otherwise, you might tend to let the editors take things somewhat on auto-pilot. Unfortunately, this bit back big-time, granted.

That being said, I think anyone who runs against Obama will have that angle to deal with, and he fares better than some of the others. (Gingrich would be fried.)

Not sure I follow - clarity? You just means as far as having built a political resume goes? I guess that just depends on your personal flavor of republicanism.

Let me just say that Ron Paul is not the messiah, in fact, he will probably be even less effective than Obama, since no one in either party will touch any of his proposals with a ten foot pole.

So that leaves us with a question.

Is it better to snipe from the ivory tower or get your hands dirty and make some stuff happen?

Paul has been in Congress, the legislative branch mind you, for decades.

What makes you think he'll be more effective in the Executive?

Granted about the messiah - the over-adoration and near worship I hear sometimes really bothers me. That out of the way, if he could do nothing other than what the executive has directly control over and actually kept his word (bringing the troops home, having them secure the border, and implementing a less-aggressive foreign policy), that might actually be enough for me.

Additionally, with veto power, budget approval is up to him - and if that means shutting down the government until they start getting heads out of butts and submitting balanced budgets or better, so be it.

He can also rescind prior executive orders that have led to abuses of power, skirting of laws, and other unpleasantries, and also direct the DOJ to stop messing with states as regards their own laws on medi MJ, whole milk, and all the other items they've been giving the states a hard time about.

There's some fairly significant power off the bat. Coupled with the bully pulpit of the presidency and the apparent populist insurgency as a result of how disgruntled people are with congress and government in general, I think the time is about right for people to actually start holding their legislator's feet to the fire and aid what sounds like common sense from a like-minded president (I would hope, anyway).

Long story short, you can ask this of ANYONE who will get into office: what big ideas do they have to help, and how would they get congress to go along with it? I can't say I've even noticed any significant different ideas from the other candidates (that are actually beneficial or adequate, once analyzed), let along anything clarifying how they would get congress to go along with them.

And what has Obama accomplished with congress, on that note? Federal healthcare legislation that appears likely to get shut down by the courts and seems to cause more problems than it solves? Dropping average college tuition costs by about the cost of a cup of premium coffee a month?

Doesn't really seem like presidents on average need to get much of anything through congress anyway, looking at that...

Take care.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yawn.

Part of a larger smear campaign. He is gaining ground, and TPTB are afraid.
edit on 24-12-2011 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

YOU or ANYONE else has yet to prove he is a racist. NONE of you have ever "found out" because the man has never said anything of the sort. If your h.s. taught you that, then stop going to school at Bilderberg H.S. hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scary

Are you stating here that Neo Nazis do not have a right to free speech, free opinions and the right to vote? What does it mean about Obama that the Black Panthers supported him....that post was a misfire sir, try again.

I addressed this earlier. I simply stated the facts here: this is what he'll have deal with if he starts to be taken seriously as a candidate. This isn't going away.

Sure, neo-Nazis have a right to free speech.

But politically speaking that can't be Paul's answer to questions about who he has associated with.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think this whole "ron paul is a closet racist" issue is being blown way out of porportion and starting to become sick. I don't think he is a racist, but even if he was wtf is the big deal
Don't we have more important issues to think and worry about?!

This is just as sickening as "obama is a muslim" and "obama is from kenya" nonsense being pushed by the same center-right idiots running cable television. Let it go and focus on the issues. Mud slinging where none is due shows an evil agenda.

The democrats don't give a rat's ass who is the republican candidate for president/vice president because we feel we can beat any single combination. Ron Paul is more serious than the other ass-clowns though!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Two more words...."Black Panthers" another word...."Obamacare" and another...."Transparency" another three words....."Hope and Change" but the two words I like to use the most with Obama......."EPIC FAIL".

Oh, my....looks like Obama is acquiring enough words to have his own dictionary of EPIC FAILS.....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

But politically speaking that can't be Paul's answer to questions about who he has associated with.

Where is there any evidence that Ron Paul is "associated" with Neo-Nazis? Your comments are getting more ridiculous the longer this thread continues!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Two more words...."Black Panthers" another word...."Obamacare" and another...."Transparency" another three words....."Hope and Change" but the two words I like to use the most with Obama......."EPIC FAIL".

Oh, my....looks like Obama is acquiring enough words to have his own dictionary of EPIC FAILS.....

Neither Ron Paul or Barrack Obama are popular with the status quo. One guy is too left and the other is too right! The status quo LOVES CENTRISM because these fools are easy to manipulate!

Don't get me wrong I disagree with a lot of Ron Paul's ideas, but at least the guy makes an attempt to sound honest. Somethings are easy to spot.

edit on 12/24/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: because I feel like it!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Obama may have campaigned on the Far Left... but he hasn't led the country in that direction, hardly. Now, like you're suggesting, maybe he's been manipulated or coerced into abandoning his original ideas and maybe the same thing will happen to Paul. Time will tell, hopefully.

I disagree with some things that Paul believes in - like I'm pro-Choice. But there will never be a candidate I agree with EVERYTHING on. It's his consistent philosophy and record that I'm on board with - it's like I'm pro-Choice, but honestly his pro-Life stance makes sense with the rest of his ideas.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You people make me sick.

And i love how the only thing people can dig up on Paul is something that happened years ago, and 20 years ago.

WE SEE YOU NEWBS! This is like the 19259082145042 post by a new member hating on Paul.

You're credentials = horrible.

I'm sorry i'm just pissed...TALK ABOUT THE REAL ISSUES.

This nothing but something to distract us from the REAL issues.

You all don't deserve to be free. (well some of you)

:d n:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

So who's campaign are you working for...lol

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul obviously has a lot of powerful people extremely worried. I wonder how far his enemies are willing to go in order to keep him from winning the Republican nomination.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join