It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

If such is the case how do you explain his signature at the end?

That's not a signature.
It's a rubber stamp.
Hell even I can tell through the fuzzy low resolution picture of the bad photocopy.

David Grouchy

I am sure the signature is rubber stamped as well as it is common for anyone whose business requires signing large amounts of documents to use one.

You do understand that signature stamps are every bit as legally bionding as a hand written signature?

So is the implication that Congressman Paul was not only completley ignorant of the contents of a newsletter with the letterhead Congressman Ron Paul, the story is that the newsletter was endorsed with Ron Paul's signature stamp by an unknown third party without Congressman Paul's knowledge as well?

Possibly, but in my opinion not very likely. As is borne out on these forums time and again, the simple explanation is usually the correct one.

Personally, I don't think the content is all that scandalous or shocking in comparison to some of Congressman Paul's publicly endorsed idea's but the MSM seem to smell blood and wont miss a beat in doing what the modern media do so well....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

For a man with a flawless 30 year record I trust him over the people that lie to me on a daily basis. Sadly, the sheep that may just be looking at Paul for the first time will think otherwise. Thats the whole reason behind this story. To steer the sheep back to the herd.

I head that, friend. I was seeing about that today, and thought, "is that all they have?" I am sure the powers that be and frantically looking for anything at all that would cast doubt in the voter's minds. They are running scared, from the Grand Old Party to the Minions on Capital Hill.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

If he's racist, why is he a libertarian? i thought that was a repub/dem thing.

I'm pretty sure hate-born ignorance is an equal opportunity, non partisan character flaw.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
The best part is they're not even true.

Paul has said over and over that not only did he not write them, but he didnt even know about them until 10 years after they existed.

If such is the case how do you explain his signature at the end?

Ron Paul under fire for racist newsletters

People in glass houses and all that good stuff

It is not his signature

Compare the two and you will see!

You Loose!
edit on 23/12/11 by sirric because: I'm just too good at this!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

It is not his signature:

Compare the two and you will see!

So you are implying that it is a forgery?

Seriously?

An overzealous staffer indiscreetly stamping away everything in sight or Congressman Paul doesn't have time to read everything that comes across his desk while suspect is at least plausible.

Floating the idea that not only was Congressman Paul unaware of the contents of the newsletter, his signature was forged as well sounds like a flakey excuse.

Its up to you but you may want to rethink that one.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: sp

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Holy Rubber Stamps Batman...you've cracked the caper of Ron Paul's 'signature'.

That means, hmmmm by deductive reasoning......hmmmm....that Santa Claus......ahemmm....really DID take a bite of those cookies on the fireplace when I was a kid.

I need to rethink SIGNATURES now. This is mind blowing stuff!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No! What I'm saying is: It is plausible that Ron Paul never saw that newsletter until 10 years later like he has admitted to doing, since he didn't personally sign that newsletter.

He has admonished it and said he does not agree with the language used, so I do believe that it is possible that he is telling the truth.

You are the one perpetrating a lie by assumptions, so I am calling it out.

Good Day

edit on 23/12/11 by sirric because: Cause I'm winning and you ain't

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric

No! What I'm saying is: It is plausible that Ron Paul never saw that newsletter until 10 years later like he has admitted to doing, since he didn't personally sign that newsletter.

He has admonished it and said he does not agree with the language used, so I do believe that it is possible that he is telling the truth.

You are the one perpetrating a lie by assumptions, so I am calling it out.

Good Day

edit on 23/12/11 by sirric because: Cause I'm winning and you ain't

So one hand you believe that it is possible that he is telling the truth then in the same breath I am perpetrating a lie by assumptions, so you are calling it out.

Rather poor technique to sway the electorate don't you think?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't even bother arguing with Ron Droids, their blind support for Ron Paul puts me off. This just even makes it worse. Aren't we taught that you should ALWAYS read everything that your signature goes on?
edit on 12/23/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

" Looks like Ron`s enemies are having a last-ditch attempt at libelling him"

Oh , I Doubt it will be a " Last Ditch Effort " on their Part , I hear their backers are willing to do anything to Stop Saint Paul the Apostle from Spreading the TRUTH about Personal FREEDOM in America...............Stay Tuned.......

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Once you go PAUL , you want it ALL......... FREEDOM !......... It's as Refreshing as 7 UP and Tastes Better than Cheesecake ! The END Of Saint PAUL ? No , Not At ALL..............

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You people are actually delusional if you think that voting in this 77 year old man is going to "set you all free" if anything things will become stagnant and nothing will get done.

Instead of voting every 4 years and getting the same result every damn time, why don't WE THE PEOPLE make change happen? Presidential elections are the biggest joke ever.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I want you all to imagine if these letters had been published under Obama's name and had his signature on them, but instead of being racist against blacks, the letters contained anti White remarks.

ATS would have a field day.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well , Considering President Obama's Mother is White , I would Think he would be in Big Trouble the Next Time he went Home for Dinner.............

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I wouldn't even bother arguing with Ron Droids, their blind support for Ron Paul puts me off. This just even makes it worse. Aren't we taught that you should ALWAYS read everything that your signature goes on?
edit on 12/23/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

That has always been my impression.

I also have some strong doubts that many of the most vocal Ron Paul supporters that post on ATS are U.S. citizens of voting age. On any given day the bulk of the content of any current Ron Paul thread reads like it came directly from the random board on 4chan.

I think youth involvement in politics is a great thing but it can get trying being lectured on economics or foreign policy by somebody whose education on the subject was a C- in 10th grade civics mixed up with a generous amount of ATS nonsense

The more I have read about this the clearer it looks like there is substantially more to this than what quite a few Ron Paul supporters seem to be aware of ( or at least willing to admit to)

Contrary to the angle the pro Ron Paul camp is trying to spin these latest accusations, to the effect that it was some fringe element using Congressman Paul's name in a single, minor instance 20 years ago.

It would seem there are multiple comments and articles from multiple publications spanning a few years, all with a common racial theme.

Anyone who is interested, here is a substantial compilation. Take a look...

For years, Ron Paul published a series of newsletters that dispensed political news and investment advice, but also routinely indulged in bigotry. Here's a selection of some especially inflammatory passages, with links to scanned images of the original documents in which they appeared...

A Collection of Ron Paul’s Most Incendiary Newsletters

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I'm going to ask you a few questions:

1) Have YOU read the original newsletters in their entirety?

2) Are you aware of the hundreds to thousands of pages that were printed?

3) Out of those, the few entries you linked to. Which ones do you think are 'inflammatory'?

The fact that you linked to TNR is another story but I digress.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

I'm going to ask you a few questions:

1) Have YOU read the original newsletters in their entirety?

2) Are you aware of the hundreds to thousands of pages that were printed?

3) Out of those, the few entries you linked to. Which ones do you think are 'inflammatory'?

The fact that you linked to TNR is another story but I digress.

Allow me to preface that I have explored Ron Paul's presidential platform and socioeconomic philosophies in reasonable detail. I wont be ghost writing his biography any time soon however I have a firm grasp on his message and reasonable expectations of his potential.

I have not read the newsletters in question in their entirety. I knew vaguely through researching Congressman Paul as a potential candidate for my presidential vote that there had been a previous racial innuendo throughout the MSM regarding Congressman Paul. My impression at the time was that the allegations were highly distorted and possibly outright fabricated, I had put the thought out of mind until very recently.

I know that Congressman Paul is a prolific writer and has been for some time, it does not surprise me in the least that his writings number in the hundreds of thousands.

Consequently, I am reasonably sure nobody here on ATS has read them all as well. The haphazard hosting of what's available would suggest there is not a central vault and everyone is dealing in bits and pieces. I would expect somebody will come along shortly and collate everything.

Regardless, the american voters are fickle about this sort of thing. All it will take to soil him as a candidate would be a couple of thoughtless remarks and his opponents will take care of the rest.

Regarding what I may or may not feel about the subject was made clear earlier in this thread (which is only 3 pages long :@@

Personally, I don't think the content is all that scandalous or shocking in comparison to some of Congressman Paul's publicly endorsed idea's but the MSM seem to smell blood and wont miss a beat in doing what the modern media do so well....

An overzealous staffer indiscreetly stamping away everything in sight or Congressman Paul doesn't have time to read everything that comes across his desk while suspect is at least plausible.

I disagree with enough of Ron Paul's political ideals to be lukewarm to him at best, add to that the rampant schizophrenic hypocrisy that seems to be manifested throughout his internet fan-base and he has lost my interest.

I specifically linked the new republic article because of the wealth (relatively speaking) of diverse sources on the page. If you can dispute or taken exception to anything referenced in the new republic link then please do otherwise your protest carries no weight.

In the other thread a Ron Paul supporter was making disparaging remarks regarding Charles Johnsons little green footballs blog being dubious as a source, which is a laugh for anyone who knows who Dan Rather is.

Regardless, sourcing TNR is a moot point. The story has been picked up by the MSM....

WASHINGTON — A direct-mail solicitation for Ron Paul's political and investment newsletters two decades ago warned of a "coming race war in our big cities" and of a "federal-homosexual cover-up" to play down the impact of AIDS.

Other political news of note
Payroll tax cut OK'd by Congress, signed by Obama
Shortly after Congress approved a two-month renewal of payroll tax cuts, President Obama signed a bill formalizing the extension and won a convincing victory for his jobs agenda.

Trump dumps GOP affiliation, leaves open run in 2012
Obama starts delayed Hawaiian vacation
NYT: Obama wins 'tactical victory' — GOP strategist
SC voter ID law blocked by Justice Department
The eight-page letter, which appears to carry Paul's signature at the end, also warns that the U.S. government's redesign of currency to include different colors - a move aimed at thwarting counterfeiters - actually was part of a plot to allow the government to track Americans using the "new money."

The letter urges readers to subscribe to Paul's newsletters so that he could "tell you how you can save yourself and your family" from an overbearing government.

The letter's details emerge at a time when Paul, now a contender for the Republican nomination for president, is under fire over reports that his newsletters contained racist, anti-homosexual and anti-Israel rants.

In ad for newsletter, Ron Paul forecast "race war"

Does that answer your question satisfactorily

edit on 24-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
He has explained these papers many times. Just as many times as there are threads on the subject.

Well if he wants to be president of the US, I imagine he is going to have to answer the questions again and again. Taking off the microphone and walking out of the interview won't cut it.

RP, may have never written or read any of those newsletters, but when the words come under the banner of Ron Paul, it's naive to think the media wont use this against him. It's all very well coming on ATS and justifying the contents of the letters, but you are basically preaching to the choir.

It's the people who had never heard of RP that need convincing not the partisan membership of ATS.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You clearly don't know much about Ron if you think he's a racist. I'm just going to leave it at that because it's pointless to argue with someone such as drunkenparrot who clearly has already made up his mind. Either way, there still is no other person in the run for potus that is even close to being worth our vote. If nothing else, Paul wins by default.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

There are lots of people who dont know about Ron. The majority of people don't come to ATS every day. They get their news from other sources. ATS is normally filled with threads telling everyone how great he is. Now some negative press has come along and Ron and his loyal supporters dont know how to handle it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join