It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Jordan release sparks stampedes at stores across US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by celebration
reply to post by KingMoloch

I'd cough up $160 for a high-quality pair of running shoes, since I run regularly.
But not just because they're Nike's!

You spend a lot on running shoes for a purpose that benefits you. Those moronic sole licking fools buy those shoes just to look good,

I live in the UK and went to the Covent Gardens area when the Ipad 2 was released. A large crowd gathered outside the store and everyone queued. People were respectful of each other and they waited their turn. Even then I was puzzled as to why people gathered when they could purchase the Ipad a couple of days later and not queue at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by detachedindividual

You have hit the nail on the head my friend........

Seriously, I'm an Ex-Pat (Brit now live in Aus) and I was ashamed to even mention I was British (apart from silly accent) when all that was going on over there (Riots) This is what is breeding in our world today.

Get a grip people. Do I have to mention starving kids, poverty etc etc the list goes on, and $500 for a s@$t pair of shoes on ebay? You gotta have brain cells missing!

I hear ya. I was thinking all through the riots here that I wanted out of this s**t hole of a country, then I thought about all the other countries and they have the same scum breeding in their societies too.

It's everywhere, like a disease spreading. All over your TV any night of the week you can see the shallow and vain stereotypes covered in fake tan with plastic boobs, or guys with that wigga attitude they think makes them better than everyone else. The most important thing on their minds is having more than the other scum on the street.

This is what led to the UK riots, and this is what will probably lead to more scenes like this in the US too.

We've already allowed it to go too far with easy welfare and massive economic inequality. Everything is out of balance, and in such large societies something has to give at some point.

Remember people, these freaks breed. They're educating a whole other generation to be greedy and shallow consumers. This is being taught to millions of other little kids out there.

I'm almost tempted to suggest that it's time to ramp up the care system and rescue those kids from parents like these.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Agree. It's stories like this that make me realize how many will really behave if TSHTF, and society as we know it takes a long run off a short pier. Those are the very same people that will not come knocking at your door should they need something...it will be one big cluster-**** dash and grab mob scene.

It's society acting just this way, that made me rethink my golden years and relocate to a very rural area.

Stepping off soap box....taking deep breaths...

It has long been my belief that this is what we should be concerned with when the SHTF. Forget emergency measures by the state, forget the troops marching the streets, forget all that NWO BS, this is what we'll have to deal with as decent people.

When it does happen, those same freaks will be looking for their next meal. The thing is, while you and I will have known what was coming and stocked up early, and legally, they'll be amongst the looters, and by the time they realize what's happened the shelves will be empty and they'll be coming for people who were prepared.

This is why escaping from an urban area should be a primary concern. If I could afford to move, I'd be living on a farm somewhere right now.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That's what I did...rural mountain farm area....sold home in Palo Alto Ca. and changed my whole way of living. Even made sure that my goat pen has a double door entrance into the basement if needed.

It frightens me to think that some people would act this way over an overpriced status symbol for your feet. How will they act when their stomachs are empty for 3 days straight...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

We've already allowed it to go too far with easy welfare and massive economic inequality. Everything is out of balance, and in such large societies something has to give at some point.

Once again correct.

Without going into this too deep. I'm interested to know what these people do for a living? I wish some news broadcaster had the balls to walk up and down the masses and ask various political and social questions and show the answers to the world........I think this would give a fair representative example of who these people actualy are. Ill informed thugs, with no future, spending your tax.

Just a thought: 1 in 142 US residents now in prison, JEEZ!
One in every 28 children has an incarcerated parent (2010):

edit on 23-12-2011 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's why I'm glad I live on a sailboat. I always am stocked up with around six months worth of everything. I hold enough fuel to run the generators for over a month nonstop, if I wanted to have air and everything running at once. Intermittent use it can be stretched out for months. I figure if TSHTF for real, these type of people, which sadly is MOST people, will start attacking each other for food after three days or so.

I can unplug these umbilicals of power and water and sail off at a moment's notice. I figure if I just wait out a month or so, ninety percent of the idiots will have killed each other off. What happens after that is up for grabs, but at least I will still be around.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
These are the ghettos for you, and this is nothing new.

So stupid

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
These are the ghettos for you, and this is nothing new.

So stupid

And the only reason you do not live in a ghetto is through an accident of birth.

What is wrong with America that some people behave like this? It is not even a riot because of police brutality or a struggle for freedom; it is about trainers!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And the only reason you do not live in a ghetto is through an accident of birth. What is wrong with America that some people behave like this? It is not even a riot because of police brutality or a struggle for freedom; it is about trainers!!!!!
reply to post by Helixer

Oh really? How would you know that?

I live in the projects in nyc. That alone is enough said!

I remember when these particular Jordans first came out over 10 years ago. I remember the rush and BS for it back then.

So........

Dont be so quick to make asinine assumptions

And Happy Holidays.
edit on 24-12-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

reply to post by Helixer

Oh really? How would you know that?

How do I know what? That there was a riot for the trainers? I saw the video.

I live in the projects in nyc. That alone is enough said!

Sorry to hear that. Is there a reason why you can't move out?

I remember when these particular Jordans first came out over 10 years ago. I remember the rush and BS for it back then.

Ten years ago is not such a long time ago. Probably the same people rioting; in the video a mother with two kids was arrested while rioting.

Dont be so quick to make asinine assumptions

I made the assumption that you are not like the rioters and it is thanks to God you don't come from the ghetto. You have now corrected me, however, I have not made any "asinine assumptions". There is nothing asinine about assuming that others are your equal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join