It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Jordan release sparks stampedes at stores across US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Air Jordan release sparks stampedes at stores across US

www.bbc.co.uk

Rowdy scenes have broken out at stores across the US as shoppers jostled to lay their hands on Nike's new shoe.

There was disorder from California to Georgia as shoppers vied to buy a retro version of a classic Air Jordan model.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is this just me, or is this crazy? I can't believe it has come to this. I remember a craze for Yo-Yo's as a kid.......but this is going to far! Acording to the News snippet, Police used pepper spray on customers that were lining up in the early hours of the morning? WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT A PAIR OF RUNNERS SO BAD? Stupid if you ask me. (Which you haven't I know).

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's jus' be da' Inner City Bro's and Sistah's be haven ta' have dem Shoooz so they can style and be down wit it!
Utter stupidity and ignorance. $160 USD per pair, that probably cost Nike 20 bucks tops!

Zindo
edit on 12/23/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just saw that on the news a little bit ago.
people were smooshed and trampled, incredible that the human race can be so stupid.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just a way to convey status and look good. I can't justify buying (sneakers) for $160. Shoes? Yes. Boots? Yes. Sneakers? No.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
saw a few vids on world star. these morons were throwing the hands over this! all these people going crazy to be the first to have them, and at the end of the day everyone in the hood will be rocking the same shoes. idiots...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

A large gathering of the hypnotized Hip Hop culture resulted in cops, fights, arrests, and pepper spray?

Shocker!

edit on 23-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This serves two purposes:

1. It takes money away from people who probably shouldn't have it.

2. It lets people who share the same ambitions and highpoints in life, fight it out amongst each other.

A win for the rest of society.

brill

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Is this just me, or is this crazy? I can't believe it has come to this. I remember a craze for Yo-Yo's as a kid.......but this is going to far! Acording to the News snippet, Police used pepper spray on customers that were lining up in the early hours of the morning? WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT A PAIR OF RUNNERS SO BAD? Stupid if you ask me. (Which you haven't I know).

www.bbc.co.uk

No, it's not just you, these people are foolish. I find it odd for so many people to still have their heads in the sand about the economic state of this country not to mention the world to be willing to pay $500 for a pair of shoes, tennis shoes at that. Many people buying those overpriced child labored shoes live pillar to post and Air Jordans are what they opt to spend their money on? Is that pitiful or what?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KingMoloch

I'd cough up $160 for a high-quality pair of running shoes, since I run regularly.
But not just because they're Nike's!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Now why would Jordan want to associate his name with such labor practices ? Oh , I know for the freaking dough . Bad Mikey .

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
It's jus' be da' Inner City Bro's and Sistah's be haven ta' have dem Shoooz so they can style and be down wit it!
Utter stupidity and ignorance. $160 USD per pair, that probably cost Nike 20 bucks tops!

Zindo

Hah shows what you know, it's not just about the "da' Inner City Bro's and Sistah's" ,people represented various ethnic groups stupidly threw their money down for those doggone shoes. According to local news (you can take or leave their info) the shoes were going for $500 a pair, $500 a pair what insanity.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's true! I can remember back when I was a teen, if my mates asked me to stand outside a shop till 2 in the morning to buy Sneekers, I'm pretty sure you know what my reaction would be!

Materialistic Bull
t......what is this world coming to when you have to beat another person and make a fuss over a pair of shoes at 2 in the bloody morning? Crazy. On top of that $160??? Come on

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They all deserve to get some horrid foot fungus for such terrible behavior.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A 20-year-old Jersey City man was stabbed seven times last night during a fight among several of the 300 holiday shoppers lined up to buy the coveted Nike Air Jordan XI Concord sneakers at the Newport Centre Mall, police said.
reply to post by ZindoDoone

WTF? Seriously WTF?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Zindo

And earned some child slave worker in India or China $5 this week.

I don't care what people think of me for saying this, but the kinds of people clawing at each other over a pair of freakin' shoes are the scum of the Earth.
They actually make me seethe with anger.

These are the kinds of people we should all be scared of when the country really falls into chaos (no matter what country you're in). They have zero intelligence, zero awareness of anything but themselves, and zero respect for anyone.

Black or white, male or female, young or old, the ignorant are dangerous and are the zombies of the apocalypse.
Hows that for an analogy?

edit on 23-12-2011 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You have hit the nail on the head my friend........

Seriously, I'm an Ex-Pat (Brit now live in Aus) and I was ashamed to even mention I was British (apart from silly accent) when all that was going on over there (Riots) This is what is breeding in our world today.

Get a grip people. Do I have to mention starving kids, poverty etc etc the list goes on, and $500 for a s@$t pair of shoes on ebay? You gotta have brain cells missing!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Such a materialistic society...and we wonder why we cannot change this system.....nobody knows it's broken.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Zindo

And earned some child slave worker in India or China $5 this week.

I don't care what people think of me for saying this, but the kinds of people clawing at each other over a pair of freakin' shoes are the scum of the Earth.
They actually make me seethe with anger.

These are the kinds of people we should all be scared of when the country really falls into chaos (no matter what country you're in). They have zero intelligence, zero awareness of anything but themselves, and zero respect for anyone.

Black or white, male or female, young or old, the ignorant are dangerous and are the zombies of the apocalypse.
Hows that for an analogy?

edit on 23-12-2011 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Agree. It's stories like this that make me realize how many will really behave if TSHTF, and society as we know it takes a long run off a short pier. Those are the very same people that will not come knocking at your door should they need something...it will be one big cluster-**** dash and grab mob scene.

It's society acting just this way, that made me rethink my golden years and relocate to a very rural area.

Stepping off soap box....taking deep breaths...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join