It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' death was assisted suicide (Jesus didn't die for our sins)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Show me the truth? Not speaking in his behalf? Have no questions? Then what is your interest? Dont tell me what I know, you have No Idea what I know. Do you know my last name? Do you know what I have done in life? How many children I have and what I feel in life? NO YOU DONT DO YOU? You need to stay where you belong at this point, right where you are.

PS You thought I meant it? I did mean it, bring your lamb on.
edit on 26-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Bring your Philistine forward that he may be shown for what he is and his strength!!! Conjure him and let me allow Gods word to subdue his ways.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

There's that Christian spirit showing there. You sound defensive, fearful, and maybe even angry. Could it be your faith is challenged just a bit? I never asked you your name or where you have been or what you have been through. To be honest I do not know what that has to do with anything at this point. I don't want to exchange life histories. I am not even sure what you meant by stay where you are although it sounds a bit like a insult but I forgive you.

I have seen this kind of mentality before. My uncle is a pastor a good man for the most part but still very intolerant like most in his congregation. I think some of them still believe the Earth is only 5000 years old. Can you imagine the Flintstones being what it was really like?
, you have to laugh at that.

I am all for spirituality I am just against organized religion they could be the most destructive things on earth. I take that back they are the most destructive things on earth past or present. If you can name one thing that has attributed to death and destruction more than religion I would be completely surprised.

Organized religion is a tool to control the masses and nothing more. Ancient politics a carryover from a time when science was considered magic and knowledge was a dangerouse thing to posses because it threatened those in power.

You do not need a book to be spiritual or close to God, Gods, Goddess, Goddesses, or what ever you choose to call the creator or creators but the world would be a better place if it did not have these fairytale books on it.

I will follow Buddhism it is a way to life a guide to liveing not a fear of death or preparation of death. From what I have learned of Buddhism so far is that it isn't even really a religion. Maybe that's why wars are not fought over it.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by WarJohn

SNIP
The other reason why Jesus didn't die for your sins is that dying for your sins doesn't make any sense. Christians who accept Christ can still sin and, unless you believe in a once saved always saved policy, can still go to Hell. Accepting Christ doesn't stop you from sinning, you still have to make a choice to do the right thing whether you're a Christian or not. Has Jesus' died for the sins of the world EVERYONE would be forgiven no matter what, not just people willing to believe. This means that God knew the vast majority of the world would end up in Hell, which means if his plan was to save as many people as possible he failed.
SNIP
Under the slightest critical though Christianity tears itself to pieces.

1. Jesus Christ did not die to save everybody. Universalism is false teaching. Jesus died to redeem only those given to Him by God - His flock.
2. Anybody can say that they are a Christian. Only those through whom the Holy Spirit works to create a new man demonstrate it's presence.
3. And yes, all who are not found in the LAMB'S Book of Life will experience a second eternal death.

As to the rest of your post, it's just false due to not having the Light of God's Truth. You have chosen to believe darkness when it preaches that a God is evil if not everyone is saved, if God requires an act from humans in order to obtain salvation, if God allows suffering, pain and bloodshed etc.

You cannot understand Jesus' message to His flock that they are not of this world, that they are not to look for their salvation in earthly things but rather must look to God Himself for that blessed provision of the Saviour Jesus Christ. Satan teaches anything but that simple Truth. It's the reason for threads like these, it's the reason why His name is being sullied by many including so called "Christians".

Life has a purpose here on planet Earth. It is to create individuals who will become His in this next life. Praise God and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacanau
All religious texts point out that people viewed the crucifiction from a distance.

Gospel of St. John ....Mary (Jesus Mother), Mary Magdellen, and St. John stood at the foot of the cross.
St. John does not match up with the others, but his was the eye witness account.

The Qur'an says that there was another man to substitute for Jesus.

Contradictions and errors in the Qu'ran
Questions Muslim Scholars Can Not Answer
1000 Errors in the Qu'ran
Historical Errors of the Qu'ran

Of course they'd say that in Islam. If they didn't, then they'd have to admit that Christ was God Incarnate and that their 'religion' was a farce made up by a guy looking for power and wealth.
edit on 12/26/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i probably shouldnt weigh in here at all. but I just cant resist. The Bible quote I would respond to whatever you have to say here is, Forgive them. Lord, for they know not what they do. This quote is what I find most informative and illustrative and applicable for anything going on these days......and this applies to your thread and thoughts, as well.
Some thoughts for you, Who was Jesus really? Who is the Lord referred to in the Bible? Who wrote it? What exactly are you debating here? If our current explanations of quantum physics are realistic, and space and time, how do you even know what is accurate?

edit on 26-12-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Smiling. You know I am tolarent of everything I can be and believe me I try. But the truth is, as a believer, I am supposed to defend the faith when it's attacked. Now as far as anger? There is nothing wrong with being angry for the right reasons. I am however not angry. You are probably missing a few truths that are important. One is Christianity is not a religion. It is Not a religion. As far as religious bloodshed. If you think that everyone that says they are doing what they do in the name of God, then you need to rethink that. There is a simple rule. ok? Here it is.

When you mix Gods word with mans opinion , you get religion.Religion isnt a creation of God, its a creation of man

If you want to know if a person is a godly person, you judge them on whether they agree with the word or not (Gods Word)..

We all make mistakes and we all sometimes make the mistake of judging incorrectly.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
we all sometimes make the mistake of judging incorrectly.

Stop judging and love one another.

Then you cannot ere.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If you want to know if a person is a godly person, you judge them on whether they agree with the word or not (Gods Word).. We all make mistakes and we all sometimes make the mistake of judging incorrectly.

You will get hammered for using the word ... 'Judging'.

A Christian doesn't 'judge'. That's God's job. The word CherubBaby means is 'DISCERN'. A Christian is to 'discern' if there is good fruit or bad fruit coming from someone or something. Christians are encouraged to DISCERN if a situation or person is good for them to be around or not. That's not judging ther person, it's discerning the actions of the person and if those actions are healthy to be around. Discernment .. not judgment ... the words shouldn't be used in place of each other. BIG difference.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In the context you speak of I understand. The truth is that if you speak the name Jesus you will get hammered. My issue is not to nit pick people. I simply believe that there is a time to allow dialog and offer it. The definition of judgement is to decide after carefull consideration of the facts. I'm not talking about being Judgemental. There is a great difference in the two.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

In the context you speak of I understand. The truth is that if you speak the name Jesus you will get hammered. My issue is not to nit pick people. I simply believe that there is a time to allow dialog and offer it. The definition of judgement is to decide after carefull consideration of the facts. I'm not talking about being Judgemental. There is a great difference in the two.

This is a very excellent point my friend, and I am so delighted that you mention it.

"After careful consideration of the facts"

Now how does one get these facts?

The only facts we know are what we our selves have seen, heard, felt, smelt, tasted, basically "sensed".

No one knows how another "senses" things, only themselves. The only way we have of sharing these senses is through communication, but communication is inadequate because it is only a part of the experience.

For example, these words have no emotion except the emotion YOU assign it based on what you see. It is visual.

Now if we were talking on the phone. You would understand me better because you are hearing, which conveys more emotion.

If we were face to face, oh what a delightful experience we would have. You would see through body language, hear my emotion through my voice, the warmth of my touch. You would KNOW my emotions are real.

But even this can only express the now.

What of past experiences that we wish to share?

Can you really feel as I have felt if I communicate the experience?

Are you really willing to go to the point of your Brothers anguish?

Are you really desiring to experience his pain?

If not, then no form of communication will adequately equip you with enough input to form a proper judgement on ANYONE.

I will hear my Brothers confessions without judgement.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 26-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join