It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a confused member

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Over the past while I must confess that I've rejected a lot of Conspiracy theories.
I am really not sure what to think lately.

There's so many theories and speculation I have to ask "can they all happen at the same time"?
For example, if you take all the topics that Jesse Ventura covered on his short lived show.
Can all of those topics be happening simultaneously? Or are there a couple that are deserving of more attention?

I think it was a couple years back I entered into the world of conspiracy theories.
And when you're in this world you are really in it, and it's real to you.
I became a bit paranoid.
I also reached a point where once I realized the possibility of these "cover-ups" and "lies" there's not much you can do about it. It's like "well, now what?" I have all this information/documentation...and..."what do you do with that information"?

Also, there was a social gap for me. When I tried to talk to friends/family about this type of thing they would think I was nuts and try to bring it back to something more tangable. What I notice now is I've come a bit more down to Earth and not so concerned about these conspiracy ideas.
Is that wrong?

I am not so sure that our leaders can be so calculated and cold. Are they really? I just don't know anymore when people refer to the elite. It's like they're shown to be stupid in one light, but at the same time they're capable of these elaborate plots?
It's very confusing for me now with all the predicitons and just the whole thing...

Some of this stuff requires a level of belief that I just don't have for it all.

The evidence isn't always apparent.
Those who are the authority on the matters of conspiracy have a history of being charlatans.

So, I am really left with being rather neutral.
I am not following what's going on in terms of conspiracy matters. I find I am happier and have a better outlook on humanity when I am not thinking about the "crimals at the top of the pyramid".
Not to say I am living blissfully or denying the possiblity.

At the end of the day I just don't know.

I also don't like the attitude of "I am enlightened and the rest of humanity are sheeple". It's arrogant sounding. I am not sure I wanted to be that guy who was gathering all this info and pretending to live in this whole different realm from everybody.
You can't say you're smarter than everyone cause you think you know about the secrets of the world. Those "sheeple" are your friends, family, co-workers, doctors, teachers...these are real people and they are knowledgable in some areas that you aren't.

From my experience living without hearing from communities such as this had me concentrating on what was important in my immediate life. I didn't have to think about what dates or numbers or hidden things I had to watch out for...and nothin has happened...

So, I don't know I am stuggling with this back and fourth in my head about "just live my life and ignore the conspiracies I can't control" or "pay attention to what is being said by conspiracy theory/researchers".

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I understand how you feel..I stepped away from ATS during the summer and "took a break" the mind can only handle so much doom and gloom..and massive amounts of information you have access to here. Sometimes it's good to back away and refresh your perspective on life.....

Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sounds like you need official wrapping on the package of information in order for it to be real to you, and you don't seem to have too much confidence in your ability to discern fact from fiction.

Do whatever you feel is best for you, if that includes drinking the Kool-aid Fluoride and eating aspartame burgers because everyone else around you is, have fun with that.

No one cares about you (aside from friends & family), you have to look out for yourself in this selfishly evil corrupt world right now, that requires some effort on educating yourself and doing whatever it takes to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you aren't sure which conspiracies are real or not, look deeper into them on your own.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.” – Winston Churchill

We all want to unknow at some point. Be strong, and don't give in to paranoia.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know what you mean....not being able to discuss such things in my "real life" is the reason I come here. I don't believe some of it, and some I do. I find ATS to be great source of information, and sometimes entertainment. You can't take it all seriously, but I feel it is important to have people like us who ask "what if".... "why".... and dare to delve into the unknown. I have always been a curious person....not satisfied with just "how"....I want to know "why". Just don't let it cloud the real world, and it's fine. Don't take it all as gospel....just different people's perspectives on things. I must admit though, that ATS is a great source of news...breaking here many times before the MSM!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
hi...
well I think the best thing you can do is be honest to yourself.....truth is only as valid as the heart and mind that seeks it.....so if you have doubts....the wisest thing you can do is listen to yourself and take a step back.....

once there.....when it is natural, when it comes about in a sincere way.....come back to the truth hunting...
I would just like to say that it is normal....and any logical person would do this several times in a lifetime just to make sure he is on the right track....and to ensure increased understanding of what he has already learned...

PS....anyone here being an ass and saying he needs a label on truth in a way that implies he is week hearted for doubting.....is a mindless intelectual with nothing better to do than FOLLOW blindly some one elses conspiracy theories....tool.....
Sometimes we are wrong....even with all the right answers.......

so be easy......you are golden.....it takes honesty to admit you know nothing......and courage to try and learn after realizing that......oh and I care about you.....no bs....you matter to me....
edit on 23-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Sounds like you need official wrapping on the package of information in order for it to be real to you, and you don't seem to have too much confidence in your ability to discern fact from fiction.

Do whatever you feel is best for you, if that includes drinking the Kool-aid Fluoride and eating aspartame burgers because everyone else around you is, have fun with that.

No one cares about you (aside from friends & family), you have to look out for yourself in this selfishly evil corrupt world right now, that requires some effort on educating yourself and doing whatever it takes to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you aren't sure which conspiracies are real or not, look deeper into them on your own.

Thanks to those who replied so far!
I did quote this one member though because I actually take offense to it. I don't think you meant it too.
In a way you're saying I am stupid. By the way, I don't drink Kool-aid or eat burgers!
I don't follow the herd in many ways.
You don't know me or where I stand on certain issues, yet you seem to be able to just sum me up like that, huh?

That's part of the thing I don't like about the "conspiracy community" is that there is this level of "I am more intelligent cause I don't follow the herd." BULL!! I am sure you do things that lots of other people do.

It's not all a conspiracy.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Before2017Victor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b45034cab0.png[/atsimg]

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

No it wasn't my intention to offend you, I am from the Boston area, people seem to find me harsh and abrasive at times.

That's part of the thing I don't like about the "conspiracy community" is that there is this level of "I am more intelligent cause I don't follow the herd." BULL!! I am sure you do things that lots of other people do.

Who cares about "the conspiracy community" anyway? It's not about the people it's about the information. I made no assumptions of you, but you are with me. You're putting words in my mouth like "I'm more intelligent than you" which I never stated but that's what you took from things I said.

And yes, it IS all a conspiracy. If you're not pissed off, then you aren't that informed.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
I am not so sure that our leaders can be so calculated and cold. Are they really? I just don't know anymore when people refer to the elite. It's like they're shown to be stupid in one light, but at the same time they're capable of these elaborate plots?

They only appear to be stupid because we fail to understand what they are doing.

It might seem stupid to us, but yes, they are very cold and calculating. They have had centuries to manipulate, and control, the direction society has gone in. The society we live in is the product of these centuries of manipulation, lies, control, force and coercion by those with the power to do so.

Where did that power come from? The private ownership of the means of production, capitalism. The system that gave the right to own capital, land etc., and use that to create wealth through the exploitation of labour. That right started with the end of feudalism, and the laws that allowed 'the people' (the Nobility) to appropriate land, and deny it's use to commoners (the rest of us). We, 'the commoners', had more freedoms during feudalism as land was open to our use. The commoners went from self reliance using the land, to having to have a 'job' supplied by the 'land owner' ('The people', nobleman, capitalist). The start of wage slavery and labour exploitation.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Being a good conspiracy theorist is not about accepting uncritically every idea that comes along. If anything, the opposite...think of yourself as panning for gold in a muddy river. You are going to have to sift through a lot of crap before you find a nugget of gold...but if you keep sifting patiently you can get at the truth, there are nuggets of inestimable value.

To be on the fringe means to be willing entertain ideas that normal people reject as ridiculous. This is part of being open-minded. But its not the whole story. We must be willing to entertain all sorts of notions, true...but after we finish entertaining them, we will send most of them on their way down the winding road. Being a discerning consumer of ideas is the yang to openmindedness's yin, and you can't succeede as a conspiracy theorist unless you have both in balanced harmony.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

No it wasn't my intention to offend you, I am from the Boston area, people seem to find me harsh and abrasive at times.

Who cares about "the conspiracy community" anyway? It's not about the people it's about the information. I made no assumptions of you, but you are with me. You're putting words in my mouth like "I'm more intelligent than you" which I never stated but that's what you took from things I said.

And yes, it IS all a conspiracy. If you're not pissed off, then you aren't that informed.

Okay. No, you didn't say it, but subtextually that's what it sounded like.

And it's annoying to think that I read the wrong implication from people. It really is.
As if I can never understand what people are saying.
A person writes "feline" and I interprut it as "cat"...what's the difference? It's the same idea, no?
Maybe "Stupid" is the wrong word... how about ignorant/unknowlegable/misunderstanding....

Whatever...

Sometimes in my posts I talk more generally. I'll quote somebody, but I am speaking a bit more broad, you know? So I wasn't exaclty putting words in YOUR mouth specifically.

Another thing is I am not sure I can sit here and say "it is all a conspiracy".
I might be more inclined to say "some things are a conspiracy", but to say it's ALL a conspiracy is absurd.

Additionally, to spend ones whole life living in fear or being angry at "the man"...that's not how anyone really wants to live is it?

How much control do you have over these things and are they occuring as you think it is?
We sit here and watch this all from a distance, but do we really know?
It may be more simple than you think and again not so cold and calculated.

I don't know anymore.

I compare this "confusion" of mine with spirituality (not to draw in another sbject) there's so many different things you can believe or look into and it's hard to know which is the right one.
You stack up piles of sources and information, but what does it all mean?

Perhaps I have grown to be a really idiotic being. I really don't know at this point.
There's so much out there that it can be a bit overwhelming.
To begin to take into consideration ALL of the theories out there just makes your mind fall out.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Have a break for a while from thinking too hard about the things that are bothering you. Your subconscious mind will sift through everything you have read and present answers to you, might take a long time or might not. It is going to happen though as it takes in everything that you read whether you want it too or not.

A eureka moment will come where it will fit in to place, whatever it is that really confuses you, even if you are that confused you are not even sure what it is that is confusing you. If that makes sense.

Then you will have the problem of, "Why can't I get people too see what I see!"

edit on 23-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think cover ups happen on a more micro level. There aren't weather altering machines or designs to reduce population. But somethign maybe going on in your town.

I have been on the fence on 911. After five years of debates and great material from both sides, I am still on the fence about 911.*laughs*

Though I have brought that topic up with main street people and you would be surprised how many people think its fishy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

To begin to take into consideration ALL of the theories out there just makes your mind fall out.

Don't bite off more than you can swallow. And of course "everything" is not a nefarious conspiracy, but when the top of the pyramid is corrupt, the crap rolls downhill and embeds into the rest of the structure.

One example being health care. The information coming from the top is bad, and the results are an epidemic of poor health, affecting people younger and younger as time passes. Getting cancer in your 20s and 30s was practically unheard of until recently. Things are getting worse instead of better, and more expensive, which makes no sense at all IF things were progressing toward the betterment of mankind. Instead it's moving toward the betterment of the upper 1%.

I personally don't get into EVERY conspiracy, could give a poop about Bigfoot, Chupacabras, Planet 10s, Gnomes and Ghosts, etc. I care about what effects me and that's the stuff I research heavily. The tangible stuff you can touch and taste comes first, exploring spirituality is important too, because how you think of yourself affects everything about you.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That's the thing.

You come to this site at first wide eyed and full of enthusiasm, at times falling for anything and then over time, the more you read the more rational you become until you realise that 95% of the conspiracies talked about on here just never happened or aren't happening. That it's all bogus and just ridiculous ideas spread by people with spare time on their hands and not much else to do.

JFK, 9/11, Illuminati, "Elites", Jews being evil and ruling the world.....it's all just a load of crap perpetuated by those who just can't cope with the world and the sometimes tragic things that take place in it so they make up ridiculous claims as fact to feel better.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You reached critical mass...

...having been a lurker and then a member here for a good few years now, I actually burnt out a good 2 years or so ago.

My problem was that some point and time, it gets to where every action, every story, every report is part of some conspiracy; but there is absolutely no consistency as for how anything is interpreted.

It is tiring. It takes you to a very dark place.

I, personally, took a break from it for a few years...recovered...approach it different point of view now.

I think, before, I used to want to learn something and save the world...now, I just want to know, with little to prove to anyone but myself.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yup!

People are different from one another in their views. I am not sure if there's is a unifying view on anything.

I am not saying "conspiracy theories are all poppycock", but it's easy to pick up the buzzwords/jargon and make one up though.
I would rather find more golden nuggets as on of the other members wrote in this thread.
There's lots of siffting to be done through all the information to find truth.

You can get in real deep into this stuff. It's borderline playing with your sanity as well.
I wouldn't suggest a child read this website. Lol Just saying.

I try to remember to bring it back down to a human level...considering that all people are humans on this planet (eventhough there's some who don't agree on that point) you have to think of their life story and where they are in their life. Like to say that there's people are "spiritually reptiles" or whatever just doesn't make sense to me, and I am not quite sure what to do with that information like that either.
Most of these things I have no personal experience with and there's other possible answers to to explain these phenomenons too. Like ugh I don't know. So many angles and perspectives sometimes I am not sure what to do.

*edit* to the last two posters thank you for those replies! Stars for both of you. I think you understand where I am coming from.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Whoa there ! Jesse Ventura's short lived show ?
Considering theyre post production on the third series
I don't think it's that short lived OP
?
More for you to look forward to yet !

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Oh, didn't know that. Sorry my bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>