It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do?: Hypothetical Situation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Picture for a moment:

Its about halfway through the year 2013.

All U.S. military personel are currently deployed oversees to combat Iranian forces, and the draft is "forced" back into effect. China and Russia are very quickly getting involved, and neither have declaired who's side they intend to support.

The U.S. economy has yet to recover from the market crash. Jobs have become very limited, and most require some form of specialization to qualify.

Food and supplies are skyrocketing in price due to the need overseas for the war effort and imports to the U.S. are almost completely cut off. Many people can hardly afford to put food on the table. Most grocery stores no longer even stock fresh produce, and the canned goods are gone faster than they can put them on the shelves. Even gasoline is no longer affordable for most individuals. Many families have come together in communal living areas just to be able to survive. Public schooling has been closed until the unforseeable future, and most colleges shut down due to lack of enrollment.

Crime runs rampant due to many cities cutting funding for police, fire, and medical in order to keep the government up and running. Civil unrest has become so rampant, most are afraid to come outside unless the absolutely have to.

..........................................................................................................................

One night you turn off the usual talking heads on the T.V. and head to bed...

When you wake the next morning all is unusually quiet. You turn on the television and find the power is out. Out on the street you find the outtage has effected the whole community. Not only the homes, but all businesses, radio stations no longer broadcast on the battery powered handheds, and most vehicles won't even turn over.

You hear bits and pieces of conversations on the streets. People talking about a possible nuclear attack or EMP. There are rumors of some unknown contract security coming the night before to claim all food and goods as "military" property. A few yards ahead of you an unmarked military-type vehicle rolls through the streets broadcasting over a loud speaker. They give an address and general directions, and state it is all citizens civic duty to leave their belonging behind and depart the city at once to head to that location. All those that do not will be concidered terrorists against the state, and acted upon as such. Rumors from indivduals claiming to have already been there state people by the thousands are being loaded onto trains and makeshift transport vehicles.

What do you do?
edit on 22-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: typos

edit on 22-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: addition

edit on 22-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would have most likely, due to my age, already have been drafted and probably killed oversees. However if that weren't the case, I would not go. I'd probably head into the woods and try to live off of the land for as long as I could.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Depends could be clearing area due to some data on an attack bio or chem nuke ect and dont want people there. the address location may be safe zone or trap to better gather population numbers ect. So its a call that 1 must make during situations. Whats wierd is these types of threads have ramped up a bit as if a signal of some sort. Interesting OP

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

You make an excellent point there...how would one determine if its intend for protection or unknown reason that remains to be unseen. Thank you for your input!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
now that you mention an EMP attack...

i had a dream the other night that we were attacked with an emp. in my dream i came outside out of my house, and there were several hundred people walking in the middle of the street, the way they were walking seemed as though they were being herded somewhere, and in the distance there was a giant fire blazing..i had the dream about a week ago, and i still remember it to this day.

anyways back on topic every time you have any government agency requesting for people to go to a certain area for safety or shelter...its usually about 80% some sort of trap....as soon as the military vehicle drives by me, and heads to the other street..i would go back into my house, gather up as many household supplies as i can cary and load my wife and kids up into my car and head for the everglades...infact i already have a plan for this very situation, and 90% of the time it involves me living in the middle of the everglades or in a small uninhabittable island off the keys.

i dont want to be put in a situation where i have to depend on our government out of all things to take care of me....

no thanks

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

You are welcome mutatismutandis

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Weird, my wifes had the same dream over and over for the last two months, minus the fire...scary thing, when reoccuring dreams have happened to her in the past she's usually dead on. Part of the reason I created this thread! Thank you for sharing.
edit on 22-12-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well since I'd be treated like a terrorist were I to stay behind, it's pretty safe to assume that's what I would be treated like if I followed. Nothing says you're disposable like "follow this way or I'll kill you". Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds, but they often say that once a victim allows themselves to be transported somewhere else, they're as good as dead, and they should therefore fight with everthing they've got to not change locations. An assailant has too much control on their own turf.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I would have to organize the multitudes against the few, unless they disclosed what they were doing. In fact, after work, I am going to organize multitudes for full disclosure because I am a leader not a follower.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Its funny that you mention this. I had a dream a few months ago that is till clear as day in my mind. I woke up to my daughter standing next to me saying “Pretty fire works!” I look out, and there is a fire in the distance (In the dream we are visiting family who are roughly 10 miles from Philadelphia, I could spit on PHL if I tried really hard) the whole city line in engulfed in flames and no one is around. Its pitch black outside minus the distant fire. As I gather everyone in my house, they all protest begging to stay, saying it will be no good to run they will get us anyway. No one would answer who “they are”. When I ask, my family would reply in a zombie like state “The ones who bombed the city, they are coming” I took my daughters and ran, we headed upstate but no matter how far we drove, there was another “war zone”. All major and developed citys were gone. The whole county was without power, we drove as long as far as we could, we ended up in Canada with thousands of other people begging to get in. thankfully, border patrol was letting anyone with a passport in, I started to panic because I knew we didn’t have passports, but somehow in the dream we did.. (I totally applied for them now though) I woke up as we crossed the border into Canada!

ETA: But to answer your question: I would hide, or run as far as possible, if it was a personal attack against the USA and not vs. North America I would flee to Canada or Mexico, and hide away.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TimetravelO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd go to the designated area. at this stage in life I'm not interested in playing Rambo.
once I get there I'd hand write a resume and offer my volunteer services to whomever is in charge.

I suspect Uncle Sam is going to be too busy to track down all the wolves so good luck to you freejacks.

if America turns into Camp Fema I think I'd be better off as a guard than as an inmate.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
I'd go to the designated area. at this stage in life I'm not interested in playing Rambo.
once I get there I'd hand write a resume and offer my volunteer services to whomever is in charge.

I suspect Uncle Sam is going to be too busy to track down all the wolves so good luck to you freejacks.

if America turns into Camp Fema I think I'd be better off as a guard than as an inmate.

I get where your coming from, and I too would much rather be a guard than an inmate any day...this is of course assuming we are still under U.S. control at this point though.

Thank u for contributing!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I would have to organize the multitudes against the few, unless they disclosed what they were doing. In fact, after work, I am going to organize multitudes for full disclosure because I am a leader not a follower.

What if the only response given is "we're just following orders"? Could even put very politely, and seem very genuinly concerned...

Keep in mind, for the good of the population or for the bad we may hear the same response. Any low level officer, especially if its a contracted military, are not going to be told any more than is on a need to know basis. Particularly in a time of extreme chrisis.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Such an intriguing hypothetical situation, S&F for you OP, and the way you worded it and put it all together was just epic. You're a good writer!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What would I do?

I would know exactly what my next step would be. But I sure won't post that plan on here.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In the US i would imagine that the scenario would look much like this:

1. All roads are blocked by the military.
2. Streets field with military vehicles and personnel and dogs.
3. Helicopters patrolling the air.
4. UAVs patrolling the outer perimeter from a high altatude.
5. Standby patrols on alert out side the perimeter of the cities, in armed vehicles and helicopters. In case people try to flee on foot or with off-road transportation like horse, dirt bikes or pickup trucks.

What would i do?

I would get my back pack and night vision goggles. I would keep a look out for Helli's patrolling the aria, and try and spot if there are UAVs. I would use other fleeing people as my means for escape, and hope that i can pass the outer perimeter without being spotted.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well thank you!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessMatters
What would I do?

I would know exactly what my next step would be. But I sure won't post that plan on here.

Its a touchy situation, i think that's how many are going to feel if ever put in this type of predicament. Its like the old saying "d@mned if you do, d@mned if you don't"

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Get my backpack, throw some good books in, and head down to the address.

If they try to take my books, then pull out A Dance With Dragons and beat them over the head with it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
at that point, I create a resistance movement and head for the hills to establish an outpost to store gathered intel and resources. don't believe me?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join