It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest obsidian bracelet reveals amazing craftsmen's skills in the eighth millennium BC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

actually the video you link to is a man working with wood.
a completely different ballgame.
not even similar in any way.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Actually it is. Dolomite attached to the edge of a stone version of the seen device enables the same results on Obsidian. It's how the Egyptians cut their stones 6000 years ago. There, we find a lot of dolomite tools.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

i'm interested, but dolomite doesn't cut like obsidian.
if you hit a chunk of obsidian with a chisle like that it would fly apart in a million peices.
teach me more about what you are saying.
i can only go by my experience.
it's not difficult to cut an obsidian sphere along with some other shapes, but i'm speaking of the round, thin bracelet shape in the op.
edit on 22-12-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Actually it is. Dolomite attached to the edge of a stone version of the seen device enables the same results on Obsidian. It's how the Egyptians cut their stones 6000 years ago. There, we find a lot of dolomite tools.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

sorry, but i think i misunderstood this.
i need more info.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
wait, weren't we monkeys 10,000 years ago according to evolutionists.

No.

all humans could do back then was grunt and throw stones.

Well at least yuo agree that humanity was around bvack then.

Now you should look up some actual evolutionary texts rather than what yuo've been reading so far - even if you disagree there's no reason to be ignorant about what "the other side" does actually think.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

hmm, maybe. But Egypt used those tools to cut stone. Speed also can increase erosion from something like dolomite. But it could just as easily be a diamond tip. Mankind has been using obsidian tools for eons. No reason to doubt they would eventually increase in sophistication.

For Egypt, if you want to learn more:

I took a course in it, but these professors never release their data very regularly. There's so much precious information that we will probably never see until someone makes it public after they die.

Here is some data on it.

img823.imageshack.us...

www.oocities.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

You know, I think you're right.. I looks similar to a donut gasket for an automotive exhaust system, usually between the pipe and muffler... now if its 10,000 years old, and made from obsidian, obviously made with extreme precision, just who exactly had this little trinket in their valuables?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by Maxmars

I am sure you realize just how difficult it would be actually to create something like that
10k years ago. Obsidian has a tendancy to fracture. Hence the razor sharp edges.
It is very glasslike and has a hardness of 5- 5.5.
In fact, It would be a great contest to see this reproduced today without using ANY electrically
powered tools.
Is it possible, well obviously as this specimen exists.
Amazing what people can do without T.V.,Computers, and all the other current distractions
of our current era on the human timeline.

We should be careful to make sure it is not fraudulent.
It wouldn't be the first time.

I wonder if it would fit me?
S&F

reminds me of this guy's data
www.theglobaleducationproject.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

It might be like having a keyboard and no computer. So then people say "What good is this keyboard? You just THINK it does something, it is not a real machine because it does not produce anything!' Add in a helping of a religion saying "keyboards are from the devil"

Pretty soon you might end up with an engraved plank that a few people just KNOW there's something too if they can only figure it out, and everyone else laughs at them.

I think that is a beautifully crafted analogy! If you don't mind, I'd like to use that more often in this kind of discussion

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I wear one of these at all times, no kidding. It's bigtime that you mentioned it and I applaud you for doing so, lots of love bro, star and flag of course.
edit on 22-12-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It looks alien.

And it looks like there's some sort of code on the inside.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Alien bling.

Either that or lost human civilization.

Possibly both.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just to clarify, for me...eighth millennium BC?

As in eighty thousand years ago??

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaExray
reply to post by Maxmars

That is gasket not a bracelet.

AX

FTNWO

Ha! Thats exactly right ! Looks just like one of the exhaust manifold gaskets
on my ex-71 Chevelle. Very funny! But apparently it's obsidian .
And that is pretty freakin amazing and quite difficult to
work with according to Mananimal . How cool is that to have
a member chime in with the complexities of working with obsidian,
and obviously knowing exactly what he's talking about.
That is one of the many aspects that make ATS a one of a kind forum.
We're lucky we get to do this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Just to clarify, for me...eighth millennium BC?

As in eighty thousand years ago??

That would be 8000 BC so 10,012 years ago .

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think they knew how to use water and sound better than we do- like an audio based laser or maybe a water tool that was more powerful than a modern laser.

JMO.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Check this out... (I inverted the color so it would register better)

Now think about it.... 10,000 years ago....

Some amazing tech was applied to the analysis of this artifact - and frankly... the results are stunning!

((emphasis mine))

This process has revealed that the bracelet was made using highly specialized manufacturing techniques. The analyses carried out showed that the bracelet was almost perfectly regular. The symmetry of the central annular ridge is extremely precise, to the nearest degree and nearest hundred micrometers. This suggests that the artisans of the time used models to control its shape when it was being made. The surface finish of the bracelet (which is very regular, resembling a mirror) required the use of complex polishing techniques capable of obtaining a nanometer-scale surface quality worthy of today's telescope lenses.

Imagine the possibility - that despite what we have been generally told by mainstream archeology - there may have been a time long ago when our predecessors were much more technically apt than we imagined. Unless I am completely off-base here, nanometer-scale precision took "modern man" some 5 or 6,000 years to achieve.

Granted, I am no craftsman to judge ancient man's capabilities. But I distinctly recall being taught that it took us a quite a long time to manage developing the wheel and bow.... let alone worrying about precision like that.

Wish I had more time to write... but I think you all may have some interesting input to add..... so, get to it!

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of one of these! as George Noory would say, "You never know!"
Google "Torus Wheels"

edit on 23-12-2011 by SL55T0T0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I dont know why we cannot accept that once upon a time the technology we see today didnt exist then, but what you must ask yourself is, Why did that change?
My answer would be that we are headed in the same direction and havent learnt from our mistakes. History is being removed daily as we substitute/replace books for technology.
Books and libraries are knowledge.
Technology and the storing of knowledge on laptops etc can ultimately be lost at the drop of a hat.

I think that somewhere along the line we accelerated to a new level in technology and knowledge but due to our human mindset of war etc we lost the lot. This time around may be our 2nd, 3rd, 4th or maybe even 5th attempt, who knows.

Technology and a higher state of must have been used to produce the bracelet, a turning machine.

almost forgot youtu.be... i think this may have a connection in a way.Xzylo
edit on 23-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Digital reconstruction of the bracelet proposed by Mohamed Ben Tkaya (LTDS). Credit: Obsidian Use Project Archives. This image is available from the CNRS photo library, [email protected]

Where is a real pic of the bracelet this is a 3D model?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
reply to post by Maxmars

I dont know why we cannot accept that once upon a time the technology we see today didnt exist then, but what you must ask yourself is, Why did that change?

Because we found easier ways to do things better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join