It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
****I had a horrible day at school and I need to let this out. Prepare yourselves for the looooong ramblings of a very unsatisfied student. I usually never complain publicly about school, but I've had it today***

(Sorry about the English, by the way, it's not my first language)

Dear authority figure at my school:

I just wanted to see if I got this right... remember the conference last month? Well, I DID go, I took notes and turned in the report, just like all the other students. But instead of this you want me to google the biographies of the people who gave the talk and write it down as if it were my work? Even if that's not what the talk was about? Did I get it right?

If that was what you wanted me to do, then why did you make me go to the conference in the first place? I could just have stayed at home and let Google do my homework. And while we're at it... the subject was "What is art?" not "My self-centered butt". They didn't even try to define the concept anyway, just said that nobody agreed upon a definition and they agreed with that. Hmm... really? Over 2 hours to come up with such a remarkable statement? Why, they deserve an award for being so intelligent!

So, to go back to my original question, did I get it right? Do you want me to lie about what the conference was about just to please you? I'm not sure I understand, you see, what you're asking me to do is wrong. Even if I DO cite the sources, that was not talked about during the conference so why should I write it in the report?

The other students didn't do that, they showed me their reports, so don't lie to me and tell me that they wrote down biographies too! You always say we're supposed to write what we heard and nothing more, so why do you want me to do something different? If I had done the biographies thing first, you would have flunked my butt for talking about something that was not in the original conference.

Why do you wait until I turn in my rule-following homework, then change the rules just for me and make me look bad?

This is the second time you do something like this, embarrassing me in front of students and teachers, last time my mother was present too. Why? Why do you wait until there are people present and say things that make me look bad when I did nothing wrong?

Do you have something against me? I get to carry the school flag for having the best grades in the whole school so it can't be because I'm a bad student. I behave really good too, always answering politely and offering help to teachers and students. I go to class even when there are storms (one of the few people who DO go to class on stormy days), having to walk a looong way home with water up to my thighs, soaked from head to toe to homework because buses won't go into my neighborhood. Why just me? I don't do anything wrong. So, why?

Why?!

Sincerely,

Cass

*****End of rambling*****

Ah, it feels good to let it all out

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Good Rant

now print it off and go to your student council and local news paper and get that prejudice administrator/teacher chastised.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Does feel good to let it all out. Don't it.

Like my father tells me, when you do things for people and it's always above and past expectations, then they always expect your next project to exceed the first.

Definitely not fair, when they always expect more out you.

I feel you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

No one's going to do anything about it, they'll probably say I'm overreacting
, besides, the school year finishes tomorrow and I'm just so tired that I don't feel like trying to explain to "official" people about the problem. I want to finish it in peace and spend my summer vacation relaxing.

I wish I could embed this clip

Milhouse's comment to Mrs. Krabappel

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

To the OP, I am not going to do you the disservice of participating in this pity party.
Sounds like you waited to long to do anything constructive about this situation and now your stuck with a load of hurt feelings and unanswered questions.
Remember this next time you find yourself in a bad situation.
Next time be proactive .
Seek to understand your situuation and the others involved. Then seek to make yourself understood. If you feel your right stand up for yourself. You will feel better about yourself regardless of the outcome.
Unless you take control of your own destiny you will find yourself the eternal victim.
At least this is the lesson I've learned.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

To the OP, I am not going to do you the disservice of participating in this pity party.
Sounds like you waited to long to do anything constructive about this situation and now your stuck with a load of hurt feelings and unanswered questions.
Next time be proactive .
Seek to understand your situuation and the others involved. Then seek to make yourself understood. If you feel your right stand up for yourself. You will feel better about yourself regardless of the outcome.
Unless you take control of your own destiny you will find yourself the eternal victim.

Thanks for the advice

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here's what I learned in school. Teachers don't want students that can think on their own, they want good little parrots who can repeat everything they say or what you read in textbooks. Do that and you will get good grades. Expess your opinions and interprations of things and you get treated like you did.

I learned this in high school and oddly it was true in college as well. Seems if you can think and form your own ideas the teacher has to actually work. They can no longer get away with just schlepping through the year with the same book and information they used last year. You make them think and they don't want to do that.

That said there are still teachers who still care and will appreciate your view on the subject they teach. The rest don't really care and just want a paycheck.Keep up the good work and make of yourself what you will. Only you know what is best for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Next time be proactive .

That said, at the very least, the OP posted in the right forum hehe

new topics

top topics

join