It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The US Is Trying To Censor Scientific Journals

page: 1
26
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The US Is Trying To Censor Scientific Journals


gizmodo.com

The US government has approached the scientific journals Nature and Science in order to censor data on a lab-made version of bird flu, because it could potentially be used as a weapon. That's not cool.

As you'd hope, Nature and Science are reluctant to bow to the request. Editor in chief of Nature, Dr Philip Campbell, told the Guardian:

"It is essential for public health that the full details of any scientific analysis of flu viruses be available to researchers."
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well here is proof of what we on ATS talk about all the time... the Government is quietly and consistently controlling what we see and what we don't see.

This instance they took on some of the big boys in science publication: Nature and Science magazines.

The Government quietly push around smaller publications without being exposed all the time, not to mention their continual classifying new technology patents "top secret" for "national security" purposes.

We have a bully government... it's no wonder people's satisfaction in our government is at an all time low! We're turning into a fascist nation!

If we are the land of the free we need to start acting like it again. We need a systematic overhauling of our government dismantling the "national security" state that is being enacted!

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Publishing the results of a study is one thing.
Publishing the recipe is another.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I remember watching a video a few years back where scientists went to somewhere like iceland to dig up the lungs of people who died of the 1918 flu so they could 'understand' the virus better . Then 6 months later we the big bird flu outbreak..coincidence?


edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The US government is trying to censor information, of course it is, it's not succeeding all the time either, a little less defeatism please, but kudos for the article.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They'll argue that it has to do with National Security, yet you can still get copies of the Anarchist's Cookbook.
What's the difference?



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is one of the biggest stories IMO; not the censoring but rather the US government funding scientists to help create/mutate killer avian flu strain (passable and airborne) for the sake of "understanding how to make a cure for it". How does that make any sense? You create a killer virus for the sake of the possibility of creating cure for the very virus you create?

This virus has a potential to wipe a good portion of the world population down. We know that the ruling classes and elite have been working towards depopulation and are starting to realize that wars and various chemicals put in our food, water and air aren't killing (and sterilizing) enough people. They have tried in vain to make weapons grade (or better put, possible pandemic) strains out of anthrax and ebola and have moved towards killer avain flu.

There are also reports that this strain is etho-specific or genome specific. IMO they are waiting for the right "time" to let this sucka loose. Government must come down, they are freaking lunatics. I say we shut govenrment down and track these elites down.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua
 


Forgive me for being upset at the general downhill slide of the country I love into a national security state...

ATS is repleat with hundreds if not thousands of articles on surpressed technology, with many different techniques...

... or the disturbing trend of scientists to die under mysterious circumstances...

Forgive me if I'm pessimistic.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze
 

I understand completely, but articles like this are hope and there are many people out there, in government too, that want good to prevail. It's hard not to be pessimistic, I know it.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is headline news in the Netherlands today.

It was a Dutch research program that created a new bird-flew virus that is capable of infecting human to human. (Why on Earth create that!!!)

They say that now they are prepared for it when nature does it herself.

Anyway, they want to publish the details about their research, but the US government prohibits it because it could help terrorists.

Now the scientists HAVE AGREED[\b] to publish only a rewritten, simplified article.


Now what is bugging me:

The story is the scientists protest and do not want to comply. But Now they do....

But as this a Dutch research why Bother what the US thinks of it?? Why not publish it in an other not US controlled medium ??

This means either they do NOT object, only for the "show" or they are afraid of the US.


Strange story.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
They'll argue that it has to do with National Security, yet you can still get copies of the Anarchist's Cookbook.
What's the difference?

What's the difference? The difference here is that we're talking about a highly-lethal virus with at least a 60% kill rate that they have made as easily (or more so) communicable than the common flu. Quite a bit more serious than anything included in the (generally debunked and outdated, as far as I'm aware?) Anarchist's Cookbook.

I don't have any problem with them posting information about the related findings and applications, but I myself have serious qualms about them publishing directions for pretty much anyone to make a virus with the potential to kill up to hundreds of millions or more.

Just my humble opinion.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze


Well here is proof of what we on ATS talk about all the time... the Government is quietly and consistently controlling what we see and what we don't see.

This instance they took on some of the big boys in science publication: Nature and Science magazines.

The Government quietly push around smaller publications without being exposed all the time, not to mention their continual classifying new technology patents "top secret" for "national security" purposes.

We have a bully government... it's no wonder people's satisfaction in our government is at an all time low! We're turning into a fascist nation!

If we are the land of the free we need to start acting like it again. We need a systematic overhauling of our government dismantling the "national security" state that is being enacted!

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


I'm not surprised by the Government suppressing info. I'm surprised this info about the suppression has gone public.

As for dismantling the "national security" state, I think it's already too late. 9/11 was our "Reichstag Fire" and the end of the US as a republic. It's been a slow, but relentless death -- measure by measure. The "Nazi International" has its tentacles into everything that matters in our material lives.

I also strongly suspect the 2008 crash was intentional. We, the people, are being purposely driven into desperation and eventual revolt. That revolt will be the excuse TPTB need to use more extreme methods of supression. Crashing the US dollar will force Americans to adopt a new currency and lose their national sovereignty.

I think it's naive to think the US will ever return to its pre-9/11 state and that our economy will ever resemble what it did prior to the 2008 crash.

Our country is being fundamentally changed. We are on the brink of catastrophes being unleased on the world -- and I'm not talking about the 2012 hysteria -- which has been skillfully used by TPTB to prepare the general populace (in an underhanded way) for what is coming.

The 2012 presidential election is a puppet show.

AuranVector



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius
 


Yes. I understand that. I was offering the idea that we're so concerned about terrorists, yet here we have people designing something so much more lethal. The whole "recipe" is significant in the fact that there are worse things out there than ones that can blow something up, yet the Anarchist's Cookbook is still available where as they want to censor the "recipe" for this virus. Why? I can't make this in my kitchen and any of the scientists may sell the design to any countries, yet the government's main concern is a science publication. They don't have their priorities straight.

I should've specified that I was being sarcastic.

This entire topic does play into the depopulation agenda. I don't see why they'll stop. Their killer creations will continue as long as there are scientists working for the black hats.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Certain subjects should be censored and only be allowed to discuss during R&D Conferences between the poindexters.

I can only imagine how much of the technology transfer or theft occurs at the University Level where the Research Associates openly share the knowledge with anyone around the world knowingly/unknowingly. Many of these Research & Development efforts take years and many hours not to mention money. How can one easily give away years of hard work if its not controlled. Let the espionage industry do what they do and let the R&D folks do what they do. Surely the internet has been a boon with respect to certain sectors of the industry but with certain sectors, it has been a curse. With globalization, the doors become wide open with the R&D falling into the wrong hands be it for the benefit or destruction of the society. This applies to the Private institutions (Universities and Corporations) who are wholly or partially funded by the DOD.

I do however agree that R&D for the destruction of a society (biological/chemical/nuclear weapons) is very very dangerous. Science itself is its own creator and destructor.
edit on 21-12-2011 by hp1229 because: add content.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm just going to point out that Nature is published in the UK. So, what bothers me is not so much the attempted censorship, as in this case I believe it's necessary, but the fact that the US are trying to censor publications that aren't US in origin.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

The US Is Trying To Censor Scientific Journals


gizmodo.com

The US government has approached the scientific journals Nature and Science in order to censor data on a lab-made version of bird flu, because it could potentially be used as a weapon. That's not cool.

As you'd hope, Nature and Science are reluctant to bow to the request. Editor in chief of Nature, Dr Philip Campbell, told the Guardian:

"It is essential for public health that the full details of any scientific analysis of flu viruses be available to researchers."
(visit the link for the full news article)



what they are censoring is the strain mixture that created the bird flu that has the potential to kill 60% of the population... cause it was lab created strain that is easily transfered from mammal to mammal.. and human have a low defense against it.... potential biological weapon that's there reason. there findings and result are suppose to be publish just not the strain mix and creation steps.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GodofWar411
 


But why do they get the knowledge? Should it not be censored to them also?



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua
 


The reason the U.S. has a say in the how and what of the report says is because the U.S. funded the research for this Dutch group. If your boss tells ya to do something or you don't get paid, you do it. Funding for these projects comes in stages, generally a set of goals have to be reached at certain points to trigger a partial release of funds to continue research. The final payment of funding is usually right before the report is published.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Step 1. Create deadly viruses.
Step 2. Kill off all the biologists that could counter these viruses.
Step 3. Censor all discussion of these viruses so no one can step up after the experts are dead
Step 4. Release these virus...by accident of course...

(not that they haven't been caught already killing homeless testing out these viruses)

Baxter was of course not convicted.. only the flunky doctors... and they quickly "sanatized the crime scene"... i.e. allowed to cover up what happened.

‘Sanitized’

Baxter “moved very quickly to sanitize and protect employees,” Bona said. “Labs have been sanitized, potentially contaminated materials have been destroyed and employees were tested and considered not to be at risk.”


Crime scene coverup complete, business as usual...

p.s. Baxter is baby of IG Farben, Nazi company who was guilty of lots of inhuman experiments on humans...

IG Farben was indicted for war crimes by the Nuremberg Tribunal - for making the gas for the gas chambers, for hideous experiments by Mengele, for buying, experimenting on and killing people with vaccines. IG Farben was broken up into BASF, BAYER (now Baxter International which released deadly avian flu mixed with human flu last year which would have killed millions and then was immediately selected to produce the swine flu vaccines

link



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Step 1. Create deadly viruses.
Step 2. Kill off all the biologists that could counter these viruses.
Step 3. Censor all discussion of these viruses so no one can step up after the experts are dead
Step 4. Release these virus...by accident of course...

(not that they haven't been caught already killing homeless testing out these viruses)

Baxter was of course not convicted.. only the flunky doctors... and they quickly "sanatized the crime scene"... i.e. allowed to cover up what happened.

‘Sanitized’

Baxter “moved very quickly to sanitize and protect employees,” Bona said. “Labs have been sanitized, potentially contaminated materials have been destroyed and employees were tested and considered not to be at risk.”


Crime scene coverup complete, business as usual...

p.s. Baxter is baby of IG Farben, Nazi company who was guilty of lots of inhuman experiments on humans...

IG Farben was indicted for war crimes by the Nuremberg Tribunal - for making the gas for the gas chambers, for hideous experiments by Mengele, for buying, experimenting on and killing people with vaccines. IG Farben was broken up into BASF, BAYER (now Baxter International which released deadly avian flu mixed with human flu last year which would have killed millions and then was immediately selected to produce the swine flu vaccines

link


Wow...just plain speechless. How the heck did we slip into an insane parallel universe? I feel Iike I am in a episode of Sliders.



new topics

top topics



 
26
<<   2 >>

log in

join