It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Is Trying To Censor Scientific Journals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't think the US Government can make them not publish or publish the findings. I think they have the right to do whatever they want.

The problems I have with this whole story as simple. First and foremost scientists sometimes go a bit to far with their research and they seem to think they should be able to share anything and everything with everyone. I for one kind of agree with the US in this scenario. It is generally not the best idea to throw out the ingredients and recipe to make a bird flu that is transmitted from human to human to the general populace. I mean there are people out there that are crazy enough to use it or try to make it themselves, or better yet steal the work they did already.

I mean this disease has been making it's way to human/human ability already on it's own. Why in the world would someone want to help evolution along the way is something that I have still been unable to wrap my head around. I mean research is one thing, but I am not sure this doesn't fall under biological warfare to a degree.

So I am torn on this one. It is similar to say throwing out instructions on how to make Serin Gas or Anthrax. Just not something generally spread out for anyone and everyone to read. Just my opinion, but I don't think the US is wrong on this one and I am not a big supporter of US policies.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Wow...just plain speechless. How the heck did we slip into an insane parallel universe? I feel Iike I am in a episode of Sliders.

I REALLY know the feeling.

Answer.... Operation Paperclip

Operation Paperclip was the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program used to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany for employment by the United States in the aftermath of World War II (1939–45). It was conducted by the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA), ... Truman's order expressly excluded anyone found "to have been a member of the Nazi Party, ...
To circumvent President Truman's anti-Nazi order, and the Allied Potsdam and Yalta agreements, the JIOA worked independently to create false employment and political biographies for the scientists. The JIOA also expunged from the public record the scientists' Nazi Party memberships and régime affiliations. Once "bleached" of their Nazism, the US Government granted the scientists security clearance to work in the United States. Paperclip, the project's operational name, derived from the paperclips used to attach the scientists' new political personae to their "US Government Scientist" JIOA personnel files.[3]

They white washed the worst of the worst NAZI doctors and put them in top positions in Education, Science Research, and NASA... we won the war but they won the ideology race. Of course in reality our elite families were always in bed with the NAZI's. And have always supportied Eugenics.

ETA a few Eugenics quotes:

“The world has a cancer, and that cancer is man.” – Merton Lambert, former spokesman for the Rockefeller foundation

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.” – Ted Turner – CNN founder and UN supporter – quoted in the McAlvany Intelligence Advisor, June ’96

“…The first task is population control at home. How do we go about it? Many of my colleagues feel that some sort of compulsory birth regulation would be necessary to achieve such control. One plan often mentioned involves the addition of temporary sterilants to water supplies or staple food. Doses of the antidote would be carefully rationed by the government to produce the desired population size.” – Paul Ehrlich, The Population Bomb, p.130-131

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” - Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund – quoted in “Are You Ready For Our New Age Future?,” Insiders Report, American Policy Center, December ’95

You see the UN has been at eugenics from the beginning.

". it will be important for UNESCO to see that the eugenic problem is examined with the greatest care, and that the public mind is informed of the issues at stake so that much that now is unthinkable may at least become thinkable."
- The first director -general of UNESCO Sir Julian Huxley, 1948, "UNESCO: Its Purpose and Its Philosophy."

“Eugenic goals are most likely to be attained under another name than eugenics.” - Frederick Osborn

“Eugenics views itself as the fourth leg of the chair of civilization, the other three being a) a thrifty expenditure of natural resources, b) mitigation of environmental pollution, and c) maintenance of a human population not exceeding the planet’s carrying capacity. Eugenics, which can be thought of as human ecology, is thus part and parcel of the environmental movement.”
- John Glad “Future Human Evolution: Eugenics in the Twenty-First Century.”

i.e. these bastards want to kill off most of the people on the planet... they have it written in stone...
edit on 21-12-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I don't want it so others can see it either. If the Government tells me this is to dangerous what scientist have confirmed and request that it NOT be published and the American people KNOW what the Government request to not release and there is no majority disapproval of such .. then they can censor it.

I don't want any one knowing how to make the Bird Flu more deadly. Would be damn near negligent.

Hell this thing could kill Millions of more people than a Nuclear explosion could. Hundreds of Million of people possibly. We dont go around announcing to the world how to make more deadlier nukes ... when this BIO Weapon is nearly one million times more deadly than a Nuclear explosion.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I remember watching a video a few years back where scientists went to somewhere like iceland to dig up the lungs of people who died of the 1918 flu so they could 'understand' the virus better . Then 6 months later we the big bird flu outbreak..coincidence?

edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

i remember watching this too and it was quite compelling

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
for all we know, they are developing biological weapons to combat an alien invasion.

perhaps this threat is the only thing keeping the truth/stalemate with the aliens alive.

the world is so f-uped up, practically anything is possible with the evil out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I was thinking that, but the reverse.

Please don't flame me, but there are few viruses that can harm reptiles. SARS and herpes are two of the ones that can affect reptiles and mammals. The other viruses that affect reptiles are species specific meaning they only affect turtles or a certain breed of snake.

IF the reptilian theories hold water, it would make sense as to why they aren't worried about killing themselves with these fetal viruses.

Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My attention shuts off when people get to reptilians... sorry, seems like Icke stole that right off of the then popular television series "V"....

What my post are outlining are real threats.

We need to worry less about reptiles and more about sold out politicians beholden to globalist banksters and war mongers who own all our media.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Just a thought. I'm just trying to understand why they aren't scared of catching these viruses themselves.
I apologize.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
why do people insist on saying "we are becoming a fascist nation"?, i don't know about you, but in my eyes you became a fascist nation on March 23, 2003 when you invaded Iraq.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I remember watching a video a few years back where scientists went to somewhere like iceland to dig up the lungs of people who died of the 1918 flu so they could 'understand' the virus better . Then 6 months later we the big bird flu outbreak..coincidence?

edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

OMG... Big Bird started a flu epidemic??? Do Bert and Ernie know about this???

edit on 21-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
why do people insist on saying "we are becoming a fascist nation"?, i don't know about you, but in my eyes you became a fascist nation on March 23, 2003 when you invaded Iraq.

We've not yet gone all the way, there is still time to change it.

Hopefully we won't get to this moment:

We need to get rid of all the bought out congressmen and get Ron Paul and others who will uphold their oath of office to defend the constitution!
edit on 21-12-2011 by pianopraze because: fixing link

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I'll be the first one to admit, its a literal Pandora's box situation.
Maybe if the U.S. Government was so scrupulous about the poison's Monsanto
is allowed to serve up as an excuse for food, maybe if the U.S.D.A. and the F.D.A were
really on our side, we could trust them.

Maybe if they had never sprayed an unsuspecting public with toxins, poison, and
deadly bacteria, maybe if they did not force vaccinations on the military, maybe if
they did not coerce vaccinations on grade school aged children, maybe if they labeled
GMO for what is really is, maybe if they did not cripple the organic food industry,
farm to table industry, maybe if they were not ripping us off left and right for every last
dang cent they can squeeze from us for every last dang tax on the earth....

Thats a long list of maybes. Alas, they are guilty of all of the above...
So, therefore they are suspect.

edit on 22-12-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think people are forgetting that publishing the full results of this study could also give potential terrorists instant access to the information they need to create this so called super strain of bird flu.

When news first broke that scientists had created this new strain people were angry and everyone was saying they shouldn't publish the entire details of the research.

Now the Government is trying to censor the information and everyone is pissed about it?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
we know, they have been covering things up since cold fusion with their whole peer review system standardization bs and deleting or omitting anything -THEY- deam to be false, weather it is or not.

its not just the US, and its not just the journals.

potential terrorists

-_- washbrained much. you can't just imagine bioweapons you need the material, so reading something doesn't make you a nuclear or biological warfare expert.
edit on 22/12/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I think people are forgetting that publishing the full results of this study could also give potential terrorists instant access to the information they need to create this so called super strain of bird flu.

When news first broke that scientists had created this new strain people were angry and everyone was saying they shouldn't publish the entire details of the research.

Now the Government is trying to censor the information and everyone is pissed about it?

People aren't pissed (as far as I read) about the government trying to censor recipes it helped create; they are pissed about the fact that the gov helped fund scientists to create this killer bug in the first place. Of course this needs to be censored at all costs because of the opportunity of it getting in terrorists' hands. Problem though is that even if they succeed in censorship the killer bug will still get into the biggest terrorist organization in the planet right now, the US government.

History and evidence to back it up have shown that those in control of the US government want drastic depopulation and have no problems infected regular citizens - foreign and domestic alike. There are plenty of links already in this thread that show that, and some simple google search will verify it will scores of other links. If we continue to allow elitist control over all aspects of our lives, they will kill us. 60% fatality rate, thats about 4 billion people right off the bat.

Make no mistake about, IMO I think we are overpopulated (our demand on resources, waste and environmental destruction - not the occupation of land mass), but to go about it this way is just plain evil.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Of course they sensor information. We think this is bad them trying to sensor this information but realistically they do it all the time. Usually to protect ''National Security'' . If you know something you shouldn't, you are a threat to ''National Security''. But I think if they're worried it could be used as a weapon, other countries such as China or Russia could definitely make a weapon for use against the US far worse then that. The American government thinks that every bit of information that could be used for this or that is too sensitive to share. My opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join