It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deception Detection Software Applied to UFO Transcripts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Exactly, thats good isnt it? It decides on particular pieces and paragraphs.

Rather than posting the whole lot in a oner and determining it false you can carefully seperate truth from lies? I think its an awesom find if legit. S&F OP
Very interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
This is rather cool, however an algorithm will not work indefinitely with people. We can falsify things. We can make them less "deceptive", we can dumb things down.

As well, since human perception is objective, a good sociopath or psychopath could easily falsify things to change the result.

Fun toy but don't take it to seriously.

This is where I am at too. How much of an algorithm can be done with text anyway? There is really not a whole lot of explaination on what it actually does. Word matching and patterns....does it do a logic test?

They seem to be a start up company....and have a patten pending and should have an IPhone App out...I don't think it's a scam...but...

At this point, I am not investing in their stock.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

post by Lee78
Exactly, thats good isnt it?

Not really as I just put in the whole text from the first link you provided and that came out as deceptive

edit on 20-12-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yes but the piece i added earlier was true, so what ever else was added at some point or part is false. So another words it works. right?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I fed it the lyrics to Jumpin' Jack Flash. The verdict? Truthful.
What???! Wrong! Bad software!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I've tried with the whole text from THIS link of yours you gave me and it has returned as deceptive , now I assume you believed in what you were typing when you wrote it , and the algorithm has flagged it as deceptive so no I don't think it does work .... unless there's something you want to tell us ...
( only joking )

post by xpoq47
I fed it the lyrics to Jumpin' Jack Flash. The verdict? Truthful. What???! Wrong! Bad software!!

Wow ...so he is a gas gas gas

edit on 20-12-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
LOL i just wrote in a small account of something that happened to me today and it told me i was lying when i was telling the truth.

Today i managed to lock myself out of my flat and had to go and find myself a ladder to get back in through a small window on the second floor of my house. I found a car with a ladder on top and knocked on the door of the house it was parked outside and asked the guy if i could borrow the ladder. He helped me get into my house.

edit on 20-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Some phrases to try out:

I am telling a lie.
The earth is round.
This software can accurately detect a lie.
Justin Beiber is a great musician.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The software doesnt work. It just depends on your writing style. Wow. I put in a truthful episode in my family life, in very straightforward, non emotional terms and it came back: deceptive.

Try it for yourself. and don't put faith into computers analyzing anything. They might have key words they can pick up for security defense purposes, but overall, they don't flex for individuals infinite ways of expressing themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let us hope they will not be implementing this in court houses, and running anyone's statements through it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My name is [Myname Here] and i was born in [Mycountry]. Two years ago we moved to Spain. My wife is US American. We have 8 cats and they can sometimes be a real pain in the butt.

DECEPTIVE!

This software is total BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Deceptive!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

My name is [Myname Here] and i was born in [Mycountry]. Two years ago we moved to Spain. My wife is US American. We have 8 cats and they can sometimes be a real pain in the butt.

DECEPTIVE!

This software is total BS.

Who has 8 cats! Probably didn't believe you.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

It got that one right then

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
from the original thread

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
The video embedded below contains some more information on the relevant software.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And in the spirit of fairness.. some revelations!!!

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!". I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!". Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!". When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!". I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

True!!!!

Those two bits are the only bits I know! I thought the beggining was boring, so I skipped to the end to find out what happened

edit on 20-12-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I saw a flying saucer today. It landed in my back yard and when I approached the craft, a small bunny came out. It had really big sharp pointy teeth. My friend came out and walked up to it and I told him that he should not do that. My friend said that it was just a bunny but when he got close, the bunny bit his head off! After that I got out the holly hand grenade and blew the bunny up into tiny bits.

OK, I'm out!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I wrote some stuff in the test 3 different times, all 3 times came up as deceptive.

The first two were wrong, I was being honest. It's interesting, but inherently unreliable, I wonder how much it takes into account the individual differences in the manner of which people speak.

If I just wrote up something half ass without trying to sound literally and grammatically correct how much difference would it make? And how does that relate to how much a person is trying to convey the truth?

reply to post by Unity_99

Ah, didn't see your post, I said basically the same thing you did, oops.

Fun to play with though that's all it really is at this point, a toy. I assume they are trying to refine it by the feedback you give after it calculates your text, I hope they remembered to take into account the fact that people will lie on this as well creating a flawed system.

-----

Jesus was a rabbit and god was an otter, when the otter created the universe the rabbit got the shaft, ice cream for everyone. Humans came from an alien spacecraft that landed on the white house lawn before it was the white house, began having sex with each other and next thing you know Earth was filled with idiots.

Result: Normal

-----

At the top of this page there is a banner that says "Stevens". I was linked here from ATS, my name on ATS is RSF77 and my avatar is a dog. I support Ron Paul for president! I am writing right now, but I don't think I'll be doing that forever.

Result: Deceptive

----

If I was a betting man I would say it had a lot to do with words like "think" "but" etc. Also maybe the exclamation point.
edit on 20-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I think it'd be fun to apply this to transcripts of all the Republican candidate debates.

Deceptive
Deceptive
Deceptive
Deceptive, Idiot
Deceptive, Nuts
Deceptive, Nuts, Idiot
Deceptive, Nuts, Idiot
Nuts (Ron Paul)
edit on 20-12-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectVRD
Ok... I put the entire transcript of Rupert Murdoch's statement at the recent News of the World enquiry and the system said he was lying!

hahahaha! This thing works!

if (Author.isEqual(NAME_YOU_KNOW_WHO)) [
printf("You had me with Rupert!\n");
exit(DECEPTIVE);
]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join