It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deception Detection Software Applied to UFO Transcripts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Some smart people at the Stevens Institute of Technology claim to have developed an algorithm to detect deceitful content in plain text. Here are some links to see for yourself what this about.
stealthserver01.ece.stevens-tech.edu...
www.stevens.edu...
I came across this info from this topic. www.abovetopsecret.com...
After looking at what this software actually was, I felt that the title of that thread was inaccurate and would get bypassed by folks and written off as just another Roswell thread. I feel that this software should have its own Thread and not be limited to that one case.
If this software is what it claims to be, the application and scope of this could be endless particularly on a site like ATS. However I am a little dubious of their claims of accuracy(“86%-99% rate of success in lie detection”). At any rate, I find this fascinating and I have spent some time copying and pasting transcripts from interviews and statements from various well known UFO and Alien witnesses, researchers and personalities and wanted to share some of my results.

Enter Your Own Text To Detect Deceptive Content

Travis Walton
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Truthful
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Deceptive

Dr David Jacobs
www.ufoabduction.com...
Deceptive

Emma Woods
www.ufoalienabductee.com...
Truthful

Bob Dean
projectavalon.net...
Deceptive

James Penisston
www.hyper.net...
Truthful

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I think it'd be fun to apply this to transcripts of all the Republican candidate debates.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

ummm.. how does this work

I just get to this screen, where does it tell me if its a lie or what gender made it

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok... I put the entire transcript of Rupert Murdoch's statement at the recent News of the World enquiry and the system said he was lying!

hahahaha! This thing works!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Hell yeah, lets apply this to everything..awesome find OP.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Has anyone tried typing something they know to be true in it to see what result they get ?
Lie detectors work on physical stimuli , I don't see how an algorithm can do the same thing with any degree of reliability .

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It called Rupert Murdoch a liar, so it must have some scientific basis behind it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ive just posted the following

I believe that all religions are of one and when the time of judgement comes we need to stand in unity. Many believe the end of the world scenario, yes end of the world but literally no. I believe the end of the world as we know it. The end of the system that sees a fellow man on his knees where others live in luxury, an end of the famine and poverty and illness and an end of the system that sits by and allows these to happen.

try it

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Every single piece of text is apparently deceptive.

Total fail...
edit on 20-12-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is rather cool, however an algorithm will not work indefinitely with people. We can falsify things. We can make them less "deceptive", we can dumb things down.

As well, since human perception is objective, a good sociopath or psychopath could easily falsify things to change the result.

Fun toy but don't take it to seriously.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Pasted that in but it wont give a decision , I just get File Status: normal .
Its only worked once for me so far

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"File Status: normal" means not deceptive.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

In that case the text from Lee78 was deemed to be true , so Lee78 is it true or not

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I typed in 8 different scenarios, 3 were all false, 3 were all true and 2 of them I mixed some truth with some lies.

Everytime it came back as "deceptive".

This experiment failed 100% of the time in limited testing by me.

Do not put ANY faith in this.

Please run some tests of your own, not copy and paste other works but try it from scratch with your OWN text and let us know what happens.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Thank you for posting. I tried a few and it decided truthful every time.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DorianSoran
I typed in 8 different scenarios, 3 were all false, 3 were all true and 2 of them I mixed some truth with some lies.

Everytime it came back as "deceptive".

This experiment failed 100% of the time in limited testing by me.

Do not put ANY faith in this.

Please run some tests of your own, not copy and paste other works but try it from scratch with your OWN text and let us know what happens.

Thanks.

wait a second...if 3 were true then it got 5 right if they all came back deceptive...lol!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have put in numerous things regarding the thread i even added further to the piece i linked and the added piece was deceptive. Wierd? So what you have above that i posted is true and what i added deemed it false.

I would say it is interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

try adding text from this www.abovetopsecret.com...
and www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty interesting as when you divide the piece into segments it actually works in a sense that it indicates truth and deception.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I copied and pasted one paragraph from a post I made in another thread, and it was correctly judged truthful.

Then I tried the statement from Bull Paynter, pilot during Reagan's sighting, also judged truthful, even though he claimed to have seen and followed a UFO with four witnesses on board.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I put in the first two paragraphs and it came up deceptive

LOL , I put in the first two paragraphs of the second link and that's come up as deceptive also
edit on 20-12-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join