It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Hanging Out in the Kuiper Belt? We Could See the Light from their Cities:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thats exactly what I'm saying zorgon, it's hardly worth the funding and effort. But as they say, "You never know".

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looking at things in space is always mind boggling.

So lets say they built some device or figured some way to do all this, and after some time they found an artificial light source. Then what? Aren't the chances of it being so far away that we are looking at something that wouldn't even exist anymore? And how would they prove that it was E.T? Unless someone really does know everything about the universe. I dunno, just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

Aren't the chances of it being so far away that we are looking at something that wouldn't even exist anymore? And how would they prove that it was E.T?

SIr, you earn a big old star and I wish I could flag you. Excelent- I hadn't thought of it like that.

Basically, anything we would see isn't there now anyway, most likely. Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Come on now.... where are the Alien/Ufoers on this one?

Guess the minds are away for the holidays.

I got to thinking about alternative light sources... what if they use something like Infared like we do our lights?

We wouldn't see it but it would be visable to some other being-possibly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What if the beings are somehow cloakable. They use light as a way to hide themselves in plain sight? Light being the source to hide. Light would be the energy or fuel used to cloak themselves. I know its a crazy thought, but IF a race is say...5000+ years ahead of us, even a million they can, and prolly would, be able to use light as a resource. Kind of how we use it as a solor power.

I love prying at the unrealistic and making it seem realistic.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by dtrock78
In answer to your first question, there is no "sound" in outer space, since it is a total vacuum.

This is not entirely true. Space is not a total vacuum. Also, there are sounds in space in certain areas but you will never hear them. For example, at the termination shock there is plasma vibration which is essentially sound.

www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu...

C'mon Big.....
Im talking basic concepts, of course there are always certain exceptions....semantics, semantics

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Basically, anything we would see isn't there now anyway, most likely. Hmmm.

Ummm your title is about the Kuiper Belt... that is in our solar system... not some billions of light years away

And we are still finding planets in that belt we haven't spotted before so how will we spot any cities on those?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We should be searching for abnormal burst of Neutrinos. Maybe that is why many scientifically advanced nations are planning their own Neutrino Detectors.

The US and Japan already have one and Europe and China are creating their own too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join