It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trend: Portrayal of People in the South U.S. as Ignorant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You're right....after reading through this thread I realize that now. It just seems that right now there are so many, but I might be a tad sensitive
I just hate it though, you know?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I must say that there is variety in The South, but many stereotypes are true. The states of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama are especially "backwards" I guess you could say, excluding some coastal areas and major cities. I'm not saying the people are "ignorant" necessarily, but they are racist and primitive. I've never seen blacks & whites even sitting at the same table together in certain areas. I've tried having intelligent conversations with people there and realize how uneducated most people are. Remember I'm talking about RURAL DEEP SOUTH, which does not include Texas, Kentucky, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc. . . . . . I must say though, their food is great down there!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

It's true that SOME places are that way, but I promise you that you can find this anywhere! My home is New Orleans, but I'm in a very rural area of Louisiana and have been here for a couple of years off and on....I haven't seen any of what you mentioned. I have very close friends who are both black and white, and all of the other people I know do to. I haven't seen much in the way of prejudice here (though I know it's bound to be here) Probably because I don't assosciate with racist people. Racism and "hicks" are all over....and that's the message I was trying to convey. Even in rural areas, most people are not like that. It's an unfair stereotype.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join