It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Martial Artist? Post your discipline here!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I'm sort of of the opinion zen chi ryu is not too crash hot, but it's where I learnt how to wield a weapon so it gets a mention.

In my experience Muay Thai is even more devastating than Krav maga as an offensive weapon if taught and used correctly. It is also more dangerous than any gun because I can take those skills anywhere, they are me now.

The fighters in Naksu are performing a great Wai Kru, the promotion also has some interesting fights itself. The guy who runs it is a really nice dude, he runs it for the love all the money the shows make go into bigger and better promotions.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I've been fortunate enough to be able to participate and tutor in two forms of Martial Arts.

Zen Do Kai Karate and Muay Thai.
Zen Do kai

Much respect for all forms of Martial Arts and combative/ring sports - their history,philosophies and culture included ... they all have their own unique skills, techniques and advantages to offer.

Some pics I took mid 2000... Lumpini Stadium, Bangkok.

... Rajadamnern Stadium, Bangkok.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Perhaps because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

They are some amazing photos you have there

Yeah, Zen Do Kai is very much an impressive system! I have to try it one day.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I started a Muay Thai thread aaaaagggeeesssss ago but it died lol. Heres a link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too am a fellow Muay Thai practitioner and instructor
I got a regional title atm but looking to get a British title 2012
I'm dying to go train in Thailand but have never had the money to do it unfortunately
I'm very jealous!
I trained in Kendo into my teens, working my way towards a Junior British title. My Big Bro (Kurokage on here) was an Aikido instructor and got me into Martial Arts as a child. Also trained in traditional Ju-Jutsu, BJJ, Judo, Karate, bit of Boxing and MMA.
A few pics from some of my fights.

I go with a Spartan Helmet instead of a Mongkon lol! Our camp is called Thaitans.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni-Kage

Amazing mate. I hope you get the British title next year man
Amazing photos as well!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There are some great posts in here. I would like to condense it down to what everyone can use.

Martial arts basically ALL subscribe to the mechanics of using your opponents expended energy against them, and in your favor. If you want to take a course in something useful , that does not subscribe to a particular method or discipline, take a course offered by a military vet, because in the military, what is taught is borrowed from all of these disciplines as an overall effective defense against the overwhelming majority of potential attackers that have absolutely no knowledge of martial arts. The 80/20 rule applies greatly here.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
jeet kune do. though my instructer used to call it 'fighting'.

i quit after my first lesson, as the instructer beat the snot out of me.
but a few months later i started again and in a few years i had a black belt.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thanks mate
fingers crossed lol! Got my next fight in Feb (once i've burned off xmas dinner lol) then hopefully fighting May on a really big show with a title shot.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Hey Oni-kage,

Don't you have a really young kid training out of Thaitans? Started when he was 3 or something?

He'd be 5 or 6 now, can't remember his name for the life of me.

I just remember it cos he started from a real young age, and when you start that young you have the potential to be something amazing!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Would that be Lincoln? His little Brothers training with us now and he started even younger lol!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hi there Daaskapital,

My discipline is Judo. Started when I was 4 and never stopped (I'm 33 now). When I was younger I used to compete in games but nowadays I only have time to maintain condition/technique...

Peace

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Cannot for the life of me remember the kids name! I just remember you had some kid advertised as the youngest ever thaitan or something. Probably was him, you'd know better than me!

Those kids are going to grow up to be beasts in any case.

Good luck with going for your title, britain has alot of good competition!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to seeing what i'm capable of. Really wanna challenge myself this year. What camp do u train with?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

When I train I train out of Asawindum in BKK Thailand. You may or may not know who they are. I've had alot of time off and am now getting back into training working on my ground game. It's been motivating me to get into fighting again. Had alot of time off due to work etc.

If you're ever heading to Thailand, hit me up and I can give you some advice on where to go what to do etc. if you like?
edit on 3-1-2012 by ShadowScholar because: skills

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That'd be great thanks
it kills me i've never been able to go out there. One day. Good luck getting back into the swing of things
when u planning on fighting again?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's an experience man, I lived at camp for some very lengthy stretches of time and am still moderately involved around the place. Whomever you want to train with I know whichever camps they're usually at etc. Try and avoid places like Fairtex obviously.

You'd have a mental time man, I'd probably recommend going to study up with Burklerk in Chiang Mai, it's where I'm likely heading next myself.

I dunno when I'll be ready again, trying to setup work so I can have more time on my hands to train full time and really demolish the opposition. I've got alot of work ahead of me and there are a few physical goals I want to achieve before taking fighting too seriously again.

Want to do it properly.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yeah it's never something u wanna do by halves lol, and thanks for the advice
i'll defo keep it in mind and i'm sure when i can go i'll be bombarding u with questions xD lol.
And talking of fight prep on day 3 of my diet and already wanna jump off a Bridge! Boooooo... Only 7more kg to go lol.
edit on 4/1/12 by Oni-Kage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

7kg? Ouch...

What diet are you on and how long have you got?

I've found I can drop massive weight by going on boiled rice and water for a few days (-2kgs) followed by a diet mainly consisting of fruit and or veg at regular intervals. Fruit is luckily quite delicious and as long as you eat a piece every 2-3 hours you don't die from starvation :p

That's my method anyhow.

Luckily for me I choose to fight in very heavy divisions where I don't really need to cut. Makes it hard to arrange a fight in Thailand though! Luckily I also stay out of the weight divisions of most Thais!

Free to ask a billion questions sir!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I got about 7 weeks so i'll be fine. It's day before weigh in so i'll prob sauna off couple of kg. I usually have porridge and chocolate protein powder made with water for Breakfast, then a couple of pieces of fruit 2-3 hours later. Then i'll have something like tuna and beans, or scrambled egg or something, usually around the 500cal mark. Then i'll have chicken breast and mixed veg for dinner. Usually aim for around 2000-2200 calories to begin with and drop it, bit by bit to 1800 calories.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey ShadowScholar and Oni-Kage, i'm also thinking on going to Thailand soon. I was wondering what are your viewpoints on Sitmonchai?

www.sitmonchai.com...
edit on 5-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join