It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of whatever it is over Louisville Ky

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I didnt notice anything else in the sky with it. I will go back and watch it agian to make sure. At the end, I tried to focous over the top ov a roof to give it perspective. There also should have been tree branches for both shots for refrence as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Woa, neat video!
I wish the video was a little clearer. The object looks a little like (this one). I suppose it could be a helicopter with its spotlight on, but again it had that prismatic quality that I've seen only twice before. Once from the landing lights from a plane, and the other time...? I�m going to defiantly re-watch the video and reread this thread. I�ve only skimmed through the text. So much to read, so little time.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ugh, the link is down already. Can someone who d/l it reup it please? Yousendit doesn't keep things up very long.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayakovsky
Ugh, the link is down already. Can someone who d/l it reup it please? Yousendit doesn't keep things up very long.

YSI is supposed to keep it up for 7 days. I have a site at sledsite.com. I will get the link up to be hosted there soon. The SledSite is down right now, I cant log on to do any file transfers. When the site is back up, Ill upload the file there and re-link to it.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76
Woa, neat video!
I wish the video was a little clearer. The object looks a little like (this one). .

That is almost IDENTICAL to what we saw through Misfits telescope! Thats pretty cool. Thtnks for the link!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Edit: Heres another short section.

This first GIF is 30 frames cropped from the original, no resizing. The second is about the same frame count. Hopefully this will help quell the needs of everyone on dialup. I don�t imagine ImageShack will keep this up forever, but I�m betting it will be longer than the 100MB file

Anyway, we�re struck again with hosting issues
My vote is still in for creating a UFO bit torrent tracker. As long as the video is released as public domain, I don�t see any problems with it. Bandwidth from the people, for the people! As long as everyone keeps torrent download open as long as possible. It would be useful for dispersing these high demand clips?

Anyway, I�m recompressing it into a 55 MB DivX� avi to archive and save some space here. If you think it will be useful U2U me. Also can make a windows media clip, but I think the quality will be disappointing.

Edit:

Here is an overlay of two of the video frames:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rense might host it.

Not that I support that site but this seems right up there ally. I am not trying to get people to look at Rense.

X

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
what a waste of time to read this bs-thread. thanks for fooling us all by not stating that the red lights are carlights. you ladyv are a liar(you can whine as long as you want) and you are now on my ignorelist as is your husband and your children.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've never known LadyV to intentionally mislead anyone. Ugh. How crass of this user to accuse you without any apparent knowledge of your posting history or quest to be enlightened and 'deny ignorance'.

Where's a good mod at?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
As you can see, it's been handled. Back on topic please.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76

Anyway, I�m recompressing it into a 55 MB DivX� avi to archive and save some space here. If you think it will be useful U2U me. Also can make a windows media clip, but I think the quality will be disappointing.

If you think you can e-mail a file that big, I'd like a copy if its okay with kidfinger. [email protected].

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Make as many copies as you like. I dont want anything for this, just the truth to be found. I do ask that if you post it somewhere else, you include my name as the person who filmed it. Here it is. Are you ready? Rick Jarboe.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
As I stated befor, I filmed this object from Lady v's house, as well as my house. Agian, spotted from 2 locations. In an earlier post, I stated that the object in quedtion was filmed in a northerly direction. I WAS WRONG. I reviewed a local map and found the direction to be west by northwest. This direction is from Lady V's house. From My place, It was filmed ditectly to the west. From this, I could make an educational guess to approximate location of the object. It seemed to be about 1 1/2 miles hight and located somewhere between Irquois park following west from there to the far side of dixie highway. It would make this a 4 mile radius at 1 1/2 miles in altitude.

By the way, Vega in the constellation Lyra is the only bright star that I see that would cross that area of the sky from where you�re at. Just ruling out that it could have been Venus. I can post a star chart, or anyone can go and look up that area of the sky if you give the time (here)

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Seth 76,

Your link takes me to a microsoft page. This object has been spotted from 8 pm to 12pm. It could have been out later, since the time I saw it at midnight, It was still in the sky. No telling how long the object stayed up after I went in.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Would it be possible for you to post a new link to the video, Kidfinger?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Kidfinger,

Ok, fixed the star chart link, sorry about that. Here it is again. skyandtelescope.com...#

I'm still working on getting the DivX encode done. The results from the first try were less than adequate, to be honest it looked like crap. What I�m doing now should be far superior, but the drawback is that I have to use a temporal range filter to remove the mpg artifacts on the low luma areas. That is, mpg compression has a bad drawback that when an area has a flat color you end up with blocky-ness. Not to go into too much more detail about video compression tech, but the �blocks� have to be smoothed out before you can compress into AVI. It�s looking good now, just a lot of CPU time.

This is probably more a question for Misfit. What is the possibility of hooking the telescope CCD up to the computer and running a capture like that?
You could even capture a video! If you need a really long RCA video cable you can just buy a cheapo RCA sound cable and splice in the needed wire. A little black tape and presto!

[edit]

Also, here is a direct link to the interactive java sky chart on the time, date, and pointing into the section of the sky in question.

The Sky over Louisville, Kentucky, looking at the West by Northwest horizon on September 12th 2004.

[/edit]

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Would it be possible for you to post a new link to the video, Kidfinger?

Here you go. Just got it up.

www.sitesled.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It�s my thought that this may be a star, stars often flicker like this when seen towards the horizon. They will do this even more when seen through pollution or humid air. You mention that this object was seen/filmed from two different locations, did it change position in the sky relative to the other stars when you changed where you were viewing it from? Have you tried to get out of the city lights to get a better look at it, or change your position even further?

I�m posting a picture of two overlaid frames of the cleaned up video that clearly show other stars.

Arcturus (Alpha Boo scientific name) Named "bear-guard"
Fourth brightest star in the sky
Apparent Visual Magnitude is -0.04
www.astro.wisc.edu...

This star is in the constellation Bo�tes (The Boatman)
Peoria Asronomical Society page on Bootas:
www.astronomical.org...

Edit:

Also here is the 320x240 Windows Media Version 12.2 MB
(Right Click - Save As)

[edit on 25-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It doesn�t seem that anyone can say if this is a star or not. Is this object still appearing? Also, I found an interesting UFO report that seems like it may be relevant. Versailles is about 60 miles from Louisville.

Versailles, Kentucky Strange Twinkling Star Like Object

Date: Ongoing in September, 2004
Time: Evening
Dear Sir,

My wife and I noticed a strange twinkling star like object in the sky starting around early September this year. We watched it over a period of about 3 hours and it did not move in a progression with the other stars. It maintained it's same position
in the sky as we used markers for where we were standing and the tree line on the street to see if it had moved. It is very bright ( at least -1 magnitude). It has a very rapid twinkling. We got out the 10x50 binoculars and observed it over the next few nights. Always in the same area. After observations of about 2 weeks it seemed to slowly retrograde across the sky.

That is when we were assured that it wasn't a star at all. We set up our cheap telescope ( cheap optics) but couldn't bring out very much detail about the object. It has a blue and yellow coloring in the center. Not mixed together but independently swirling around. On the outside edge of the object bright green almost like sparklers spinning around the outer edge of it at
around a 2 hz rate. When I saw the picture of the Amarillo TX light picture; my wife and I agreed that it is close to what we see. For over one week there seemed to be a grid of at least 5 equidistant from each other. These objects were compared
through optics against known stars as a way to check for any atmospheric aberrations. or the optics themselves. A sixth one was found to be a star. Only one is still visible. But has moved to a different position.

Has anyone been able to id what these lights are?

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
No. It's NOT a star, unless starts have three close together round balls of red, green and whitish..... that move in an "L" shape (down over, down over, etc...) and disappear....

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join