It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "see through" kid **PICTURE**

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
can you see through him all the time or just with the camera?

uhm...lol?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The original photo has been added to the OP. Thanks GEL

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All the child did is turned his head to the right while moving a bit to the left (from his perspective) during the exposure,
From the camera perspective, the image shifts to the right during the exposure, and when the child stops moving, registers the full child with artifacts of the move to the left. Simple, and certainly not paranormal. Happens in wedding and portrait photography all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
All the child did is turned his head to the right while moving a bit to the left (from his perspective) during the exposure,
From the camera perspective, the image shifts to the right during the exposure, and when the child stops moving, registers the full child with artifacts of the move to the left. Simple, and certainly not paranormal. Happens in wedding and portrait photography all the time.

I would have thought the same thing if it wasnt for one thing.

You can still see alot of the chair behind him. He would have to be WAY out of the chair and then move very quickly to the center of the chair at the exact time of the picture.

The see through of his head could be explained by quick movement, but to me, being able to see the chair almost to the center of his chest is the kicker.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Talltexxxan

He is 4 almost 5 years old, diagnosed with ADHD.

Well, there's your problem. He was probably moving too fast when the picture was snapped.

there's another problem. why aren't any other kids in the picture transparent.

or does the shutter move different speeds for each individual in the frame.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that this is a serious topic. Anyone with a camera has accidentally done this in low light situations.

The kid moved. Even a half-second shutter is more than enough to do this. How much can you move in half a second? Observe yourself when you sneeze or cough. You can move alot in half a second.

Out of the 3 children, 2 of them seem aware that a photo was being taken. The see thru child isn't.
Therefore it is safe to assume that 2 kids posed for a picture and 1 kid caught unaware.

I can see how the OP wants to relate it to something supernatural, but this is a bit much.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Are your daughters see through also? Can you please post a photograph as an example? That would certainly clear this up. Thank you.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not included in mainstream education because it's not real. Is that because you say so? There are many people around the globe who study all manner of unusual phenomena - including photographs with unusual qualities.

Just because you say so - does not mean it is not real and cannot be studied seriously. While I respect your opinion and experience - you cannot possibly know everything - unless of course you do know everything and you are holding out on everyone!!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

All that said, in times of controversy you go with the plausible first before diving into the improbable.
There is so much plausible here .vs. improbable, so that is where you concentrate your investigation.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Looking at the first photograph - of the three Children with the Child of interest in the centre.

The little boy has his hand by his side - holding the chair - as if he is bracing himself to rise up out of the chair. His hand is a little blurry but does not seem to be transparent at all - even though as we move our gaze up his body the transparency gradually starts to take effect.

If the transparent nature of the Child is due to technology - surely the effect would encompass the entire body and not become evident gradually. Just throwing that thought into the mix.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Any good detective looks at everything - impossible - impractical - improbable. Never discount everything until all the evidence has been evaluated. A detective who assumes will miss something.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Most of the other users have already stated this but it is slow shutter speed. That coupled with the fact you stated the child is ADHD and probably rocking back and forth thus causing this illusion in the photo. My whole family is in the photography business and has been so my whole life. Now my explanation is in no way the only one but it is the most likely answer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SurfSpace

How do you know he is rocking back and forth?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am with the majority of other comments on this, it is PURELY a photographic artifact, that is all.

As per this image just pulled off a random blog:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I don't actually know that. That is why I stated the word probably. I also stated it is not the only answer but the most likely one.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
can you see through him all the time or just with the camera?

lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeFX

Good example but I cannot see through the man.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

So weird I had it happen in a band pic I took, my drummer was see through, you could see the drums and wall decor through his body

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I find it amazing that people are able to jump straight to paranormal or supernatural when they can't explain things they see in photos and videos without a proper understanding on how these devices work.

Nah.... couldn't be the camera, the kid must have superpowers... because he has an imaginary friend he talks to when alone in his room?

Strange way to connect the dots if you ask me. It's like you took the dots, tossed em up in the air like confetti and then came to the conclusion that something out of the ordinary is going on here.

It's one thing to let your ignorance embarrass yourself (though protected through anonymity) it's another for you and his mother to drag the kid onto the internet posting his photos online for a world or strangers to scrutinize. You know, this stuff is gonna be on the internet a long time now. If this kids teenage years are spent being teased as "Casper the Friendly" then you know who's to blame.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

This is definitely photoshopped, there are options on photo editing software that changes the transparency of the picture to how much you want it. Cool effect though! Lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join