It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi can in Iraq say it has similarities to 9-11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Soda is one of the most harmful health-deteriorating products you can drink.

Forget about the pictures swaying one to cease buying it, the health risks (which are MANY) alone are enough to convince me to NEVER ingest such a CRAP product ever.
edit on 18-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
That's not smoke, it's a snowflake. It's obvious this a city with a plane overhead and it's snowing.

So do you think that Pepsi Co. would use that same artwork to sell Pepsi here in the states??? (With English text obviously) or do you think think they would probably avoid using such images here because of how they might be interpreted???

That is the real question here, isn't it??? Because once such a position is considered for whatever reason the implications change regarding their motives.

Keep in mind, there is no law or anything saying Pepsi Co. can't use such advertising or their product. If it's a way to increase profits it's totally within their right to advertise whatever message they want. They aren't required to appeal to any audience they are not targeting, although it is certainly a matter worth considering as they also don't want to drive away customers. Which is exactly why such advertising would be "non-specific" in the first place.

Just cause it could mean any city doesn't mean it doesn't also mean NY city on 911 either. Both are only implied as we all agree.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Soda is one of the most harmful health-deteriorating products you can drink.

Forget about the pictures swaying one to cease buying it, the health risks (which are MANY) alone are enough to convince me to NEVER ingest such a CRAP product ever.
edit on 18-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

You seem to miss the point.

The thread is about the design on the can, not consuming the can or it's contents.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
saw this on facebook, apparently some soldier in iraq 'found' this when they were shutting down there base, well so he says. well here's the photo he shared which made this go viral.

www.facebook.com...

link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

That's not smoke, it's a snowflake. It's obvious this a city with a plane overhead and it's snowing.

So do you think that Pepsi Co. would use that same artwork to sell Pepsi here in the states??? (With English text obviously) or do you think think they would probably avoid using such images here because of how they might be interpreted???

Most people are not going to see it that way. Pepsi normally regionlizes the can designs so they would not use the same design for the U.S.

link   
Looks nothing like "9-11" to me ........ for starters , the jet is flying over the buildings , people look to far into things , and this is why "9-11" was the perfect lie , most americans will back the war on "terror" until the end , by using terror to fight terror ... Oo ... infact most americans believe that it was only americans that died that day. That alone should show people how brainwashed mankind is , ..... then you see people thinking a pepsi can has something to say about 9-11 , and you wonder why you even bothered getting out of bed.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
People are really dump.

Generic skyline with plane...

OMG 9/11!

Seriously guys?

Seriously?

I would laugh but this is so dumb it's not funny, it's just sad.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Most people are not going to see it that way. Pepsi normally regionlizes the can designs so they would not use the same design for the U.S.

I don't think any of us can speak for "most people" and how they might see this. We do know for a fact that some people do see it in different ways than others though. Some see it as one way, some see it as something else. We've already established that however and it doesn't change anything regarding some of the questions which are still at hand.

Obviously they have marketing for certain areas for certain reasons, but that wasn't really an answer to the question either.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Do you really think Pepsi is stupid enough to do something like that? As I said, it's a generic skyline with a plane and some snowflakes.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiddlyDeePotatoes
Looks nothing like "9-11" to me ........ for starters , the jet is flying over the buildings , people look to far into things , and this is why "9-11" was the perfect lie , most americans will back the war on "terror" until the end , by using terror to fight terror ... Oo ... infact most americans believe that it was only americans that died that day. That alone should show people how brainwashed mankind is , ..... then you see people thinking a pepsi can has something to say about 9-11 , and you wonder why you even bothered getting out of bed.

That's fine. To you it's nothing, which is totally fine. To others however, a different message is being implied. Neither side is right or wrong here. This is about how a picture is interpreted, that's all. Other people's interpretations are just as valid as yours so it's not really of any value to side with one or the other.

The discussion is more about whether or not Pepsi Co. would knowingly put out such a mixed message. Keep in mind we don't and won't ever know for sure who know what or what was being considered by those in charge of such things. Only they know for sure.

If however you think that it was never even considered or such an interpretation was ever noticed, you should look into just how much thought and effort and manipulation goes into advertising. Especially in regards to what goes on the cover of a Massive product like a pepsi can. I assure you, they noticed it too.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Snopes gives it a rating of "mixture."

I do see why people might be upset with this one. The two buildings on the right do resemble the towers, and the airplane is awfully low over such a large urban area.

Still, people have to just get over it.
Does anyone really believe Pepsi would intentionally do something that is likely to hurt their own business? Are we really so sensitive that we look for hidden meanings in everything and then get our panties in a wad over something that is at most a coincidence?

I think this is a non-issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by mOjOm

Do you really think Pepsi is stupid enough to do something like that? As I said, it's a generic skyline with a plane and some snowflakes.

That is exactly what we're all trying to figure out too. Like I said before, you have to consider if such advertising would be in their benefit in some areas. If so, then they have motive, if not then they don't.

Also, who said it would be a stupid move anyway. I mean, we don't even know what they intended one way or the other and already some people are already defending them just out of product loyalty or whatever, so it's not like they are actually going to feel the need to defend their actions even if they did put an offensive message out. Plus, sometimes a controversy is good for advertising.

The point is that there are many different factors to consider here. I'm not saying anything specific in either direction. I'm just posing some questions for others to think about. If you've made up your mind already, then great, you have your answer then.

And yes, as you said, it's just a skyline. Fine. Not everyone sees just what you see. Neither You nor they are wrong or right.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

So if i drew a picture of a bus driving down a london street would you think of 7/7 ? no , because 7/7 isnt pushed in your face every day.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So any depiction of a generic city skyline and at least one plane flying, gasp, IN THE SKY no less, is NYC on 9/11?
Shouldn't it at least have to look like NYC a little?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Snopes gives it a rating of "mixture."

I do see why people might be upset with this one. The two buildings on the right do resemble the towers, and the airplane is awfully low over such a large urban area.

Still, people have to just get over it.
Does anyone really believe Pepsi would intentionally do something that is likely to hurt their own business? Are we really so sensitive that we look for hidden meanings in everything and then get our panties in a wad over something that is at most a coincidence?

I think this is a non-issue.

I would have to agree with you to some extent, although calling it a Non Issue may be too far. It's certainly a very minor issue and most certainly not something anyone should get too upset over, but then some people might Really be into Pepsi and how they advertise their product, so it's not fair for us to just cast them aside because we don't see the issue in it. After all, it was enough of an issue for Snopes to get involved too.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiddlyDeePotatoes
reply to post by mOjOm

So if i drew a picture of a bus driving down a london street would you think of 7/7 ? no , because 7/7 isnt pushed in your face every day.

Maybe I would, maybe not. That makes no difference though does it. But maybe for people in London it would be offensive, how the hell would I know, try asking them.

Obviously this pepsi thing has some people asking questions though, it's not like I came up with the damn idea now did I??? I'm just talking about it as an interested party, that's all...

So, basically, I don't see how this question matters at all to this topic nor does it matter how I personally would answer that question.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Whats the text on the can translate to? That might help out a bit in figuring out what might be the purpose of the pic on the can.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

OMG!!!! What if it's not a snowflake. Then that would mean it's a chemtrail. PepsiCo is going to chemtrail and they are warning everyone that understands the message.

Yelp. Definately chemtrailing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
So any depiction of a generic city skyline and at least one plane flying, gasp, IN THE SKY no less, is NYC on 9/11?
Shouldn't it at least have to look like NYC a little?

It does to some people. If that doesn't include you, then fine, that is totally allowed, just like it's allowed for others to see what they see.

Now, if we could get beyond whether or not to allow others to interpret things in various ways, that would be a good start. Or we can just go on arguing over whether or not people are allowed to interpret art for themselves or if it is a Universal law that we must all see the same thing without any freedom of thought. Your choice...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I just don't see it. I see absolutely no smoke or explosion and those two building are quite far apart, unlike the WTC. Seems to me some people are really reaching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join