It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Online King James Bible Restores The Divine Name.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting.

The Divine Name King James Bible

This has long been a pet peeve of mine how translators just decided to remove the name because they weren't sure enough how to pronounce it. When a quick search of the Tetragrammaton Hebrew symbols in OTHER words show that there is no controversy, it is fabricated.

I applaud this translation and kudos to the translators.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"More American than the King James version!"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Honestly, I have heard good about the King James version. Some of the versions they take words out.
edit on 17-12-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I've heard the same. In one verse in the KJV (not sure of which book it's located in) it mentions Jesus as the only begotten son and in every other version I've compared it to says that Jesus is the only son. Just the addition or subtraction of one word can mean a world of difference in this case the word begotten.
edit on 17-12-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by greyer

I've heard the same. In one verse in the KJV (not sure of which book it's located in) it mentions Jesus as the only begotten son and in every other version I've compared it to says that Jesus is the only son. Just the addition or subtraction of one word can mean a world of difference in this case the word begotten.
edit on 17-12-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Actually there are many lines taken out/added in KJV NKJV ASB AMP .. etc etc. If you are a christian I would just suggest getting a version you are comfortable with, and learning the roots of the words the messiah chose. I learned to read hebrew and learn torah, and the commentary that Yeshuah gave to the torah. But that was just the way it "clicked" for me. Anyway there are very good applications that you can use that help in your studies, E-sword is a good one, a virtual bible that you can download different books of the bible, (Some even torah and NT in greek). I am not sure if any of this info was helpful to you, but thought about sharing it anyway.

If you need a link to any apps or resources that would be helpful to studies just hit me up..peace

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I always liked this, and the confusion of spelling.

One God ,Different Names and Spellings. How many have died in translation?

Anyway, Video Link to the spelling drama

Here: www.youtube.com...

S&F

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Honestly, I have heard good about the King James version. Some of the versions they take words out.
edit on 17-12-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

Yes, the 4th century Alexandrian codecies were notorious for having portions of the text removed from them. One big example, the last 12 verses of Mark.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This has long been a pet peeve of mine how translators just decided to remove the name because they weren't sure enough how to pronounce it.
There is no evidence for that and you are just following a cult.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well actually I have always believed that The Omnipresent One name was always abbreviated to sanctify his name. Since it was discouraged to write a holy name and then discard it, destroying his name. I have always find that funny that most "christians" write out these holy names and when they get deleted, trashed, burnt. They have obviously forgotten what their messiah taught them. Sanctify thy name, (Your name is set apart, made holy) anyway I am not gonna preach just some thoughts. Also, since we are all talking about bibles and the latter, why cut down what makes sense to others? anyway peace

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

This has long been a pet peeve of mine how translators just decided to remove the name because they weren't sure enough how to pronounce it.
There is no evidence for that and you are just following a cult.

Wrong again.

Link.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So the King James bible has a cult following ?
I own a King James bible that I bought, few years ago, it only has God's name in 4 spots.
I think you need to dial it back a bit, when you accuse somebody of being in a cult.
In fact I think that is right on the line of a TOS violation.
I believe what Jesus Christ taught, I guess to the Jewish clergy of the 1st century Christians were in a cult too.
So careful when you use that expression.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No I am not wrong again, I am right again, as these bibles prove my point.

Isaiah 42:8

American Standard Version
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.

Darby Bible Translation
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

The Divine Name King James Bible
I am Jehovah: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Green's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah; that is My name; and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images.

NWT
I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

Julia E. Smith Parker Translation
I Jehovah, this my name: and my glory I will not give to another, and my praise to carved images.

New Simplified Bible
I ALONE AM JEHOVAH. THAT IS MY NAME. I WILL NOT GIVE MY GLORY TO ANOTHER! I will not let idols share my praise.

Young's Literal Translation
I am Jehovah, this is My name, And Mine honour to another I give not, Nor My praise to graven images.

Elberfelder 1905 (German)
Ich bin Jehova, das ist mein Name; und meine Ehre gebe ich keinem anderen, noch meinen Ruhm den geschnitzten Bildern.

La Biblia Reina-Valera
Yo Jehová: este es mi nombre; y á otro no daré mi gloria, ni mi alabanza á esculturas.

Are all these bibles wrong too? I think not.

Finally the Hebrew itself, Interlinear Hebrew Old Testament
H589 אני I H3068 יהוה the LORD: H1931 הוא that H8034 שׁמי my name:

H3068 יהוה - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon Number
Brown-Driver-Briggs' Hebrew Definitions
יהוה
Jehovah = "the existing One"
1. the proper name of the one true God
a. unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136
Origin: from H1961
TWOT: 484a
Parts of Speech: Proper Name

So is H3068 as defined by the impartial Strong's wrong too? I think not.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02bb5a25ff4a.jpg[/atsimg]

Is the impartial Google translator wrong too? I think not.

The above is like 3% percent of the research I have done on this.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

No I am not wrong again, I am right again, as these bibles prove my point.

I never said you were "wrong again". You might want to re-read who I quoted when I said that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
"More American than the King James version!"

Lol this is funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
"Jehovah"? Tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought this name was a hybrid, created by using the consonants for "Yahweh" and the vowels of "Elohim."

This solves nothing, of course, it just furthers the centuries-long coverup of the meaning of the tetragrammaton, which really means, if you insert the ancient pictographic meanings of the four letters: Behold the Nail, Behold the Hand. It's Jesus, folks!

In all my Christian reading, it has often been said that there is power in the name of Jesus, never in the name of Jehovah. Makes me wonder...

My Ferrar Fenton version (excellent OT, so-so NT) gives God's name as "The Ever-Living." FYI

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sorry, I misunderstood the direction of your "Wrong Again", as I was responding to the information within the link, which condemns the use of "LORD" equally with the use of the anglicized version of God's name, "Jehovah".
Once again the direct Hebrew translation begins with "Y", but in ENGLISH it is "J" like all Hebrew names in the bible. It is an translation issue of consistency, either all names that begin with "J" are changed are none of them are changed. I will never understand why people can't understand this simple fact about the bible.

Check these known bible names out and notice the similarity with the same Hebrew symbols from right to left as Hebrew is read the reverse of English. Not only do they begin with "J" they have the "EHO" after them as well.
And there is no controversy or questions about those names, is there?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7adb98983367.jpg[/atsimg]

Linguistic scholars that hold on to the belief that we don't know, are either not searching deep enough or are prejudiced against the name "Jehovah" for some reason.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And there is no controversy or questions about those names, is there?

No, not in an Anglicized tongue, but once a person learns to pronounce the name in the natural tongue it should be done. Jehovah is an English translation. But in light of the third commandment we should transliterate His divine name. YHWH. Jesus mocked the Pharisees for abandoning God's commandments for their traditions. If God commanded His name to be a certain thing we have no right to change it. All the names you added to your post should likewise be transliterated into our Bibles and not translated.

edit on 18-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So careful when you use that expression.

No, I'm not going to be careful.
I think you are a bit too touchy about the word and you should get over it and admit to having a cult type mentality or extreme partisanship over issues, which is being dogmatic to an excessive degree over issues which are of little value as far as winning souls or things like that. In fact these are negative things and they were written a certain way, back when the original writers wrote them, and that is to not get hung up on this sacred name garbage which I think is sending a lot of people to hell for idolatry which you are supporting with your personal little cult activity.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

not get hung up on this sacred name garbage which I think is sending a lot of people to hell for idolatry which you are supporting with your personal little cult activity.

Just WOW.
People are going to hell because they are using God's name as written in many bibles?
If you really believe that, you have my pity.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well, I guess that proves it then, for once and for all. God is an alien after all!
Jehovah: Ancient Astronaut from the Pleiades?

This is great news. It's about time the religions got the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join