It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All I Can Do Tonight Is Cry.. A true story of unconditional love !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You have known me over 70 years.
Yes 70 years and now time has become the issue.
Sure I can sit here and listen to you remind me
of how and when we met.

Even I can remember those early days.
The days that you made promises with your eyes.
You could say so much without making a sound
Does it matter now ? but you were good looking too.

70 years to you must have seemed so long
Yet in all that time the only thing you asked for yourself
was a meal and a place to sleep.
It might not be obvious to those who never knew you.

My heart reminds me that I truely loved you.
The same heart that wipes the tears from my eyes.
I see you everywhere I look and step.
I never realized how much of me you shared.

I can't look at anything in this house
that hasn't some reminder of you being a part of it.
As I laugh in my memories of when we met.
I could hear you in my mind saying,"Pick me"

Do you remember those times
when you would join me in a bath?
Usually in the summertime just to try to cool down.
I wish I had known how a time can come to its end.
The warnings were subtle and you never complained.

If you were here sure I could smile and hold you close
but that can't happen now and I just can't pretend.
Today is too real for me. I wish it were a dream.
I would finally awaken and we could start again.

If anyone cares you were my wifes guardian angel
when I was away I knew she was in capable hands
you will always be next to me in her heart
as you are in mine my loyal and true friend.

I didn't pick you, you picked me.
I will never forget having the privlege
of loving and being loved by you.

In Loving memory of my dog "BORIS"
Rest Rest Rest in Peace
4/11/01 - 12/15/11

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You made me feel human again.

In the middle of this mad, insane, terrifying situation we find ourselves in, you managed, somehow, to make me pause and look around me and realize just what it is that I have.

My dogs will be close tonight.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's so hard to lose a dog. They are more loyal and trustworthy than people sometimes.

And for us dog owners, they become so much a part of our life that losing a dog is really like losing a close family member.

Reading your poem/anecdote... all I could do was look over at 2 of my dogs, who are currently taking up my bed, and feel thankful for their presence.

Years ago, my dog Graham died in my arms. I remember crying for weeks. And like usual, my reaction was to get another dog after the grieving process.
I ended up getting a different breed (so as not to tarnish the memory) and I named the new dog Duncan Graham. And interestingly enough, it turned out that the new dog was almost exactly like the one I had lost. They have the same leg problems, the same weird attitude, the same quirks, and the same favorite toys. It was unbelievable that, out of all the dogs in the world I could have gotten, I got one that might as well have been the reincarnation of my deceased one. So now, in my dog Duncan, it's almost like I have two dogs in one.

I know I sound crazy. But I'm never going to dismiss the idea that perhaps Graham directed me to Duncan.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Beautiful and 1 of those rare truths that we all know. thank you, and i am sorry for your loss.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

I can't tell you how I so appreciate your words. I wrote a song once called "Dead and Sentenced to Life" I find myself so often feeling that way now. I have lost many loved ones and other close friends but it never seems to get easier. You just learn to live with it. Thank you again. Hug the baby for me

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Hello. I would have replied to you last night but I just didn't feel the ability to. I know what you mean and I have had times in my life where I did find another pup to fill the hole in my heart after loosing a friend. I can't say at this point that I won't try again but I don't see it happening again. I can tell you this though. I do appreciate you words and your experience with this matter. It is something that only those who feel and experience it can be expected to truely understand.

I have lost a great many family members and friends ,not to mention friends like Borris. I talk about these things openly, not to be sad or depressing but rather to simply share what reality can become when you leaste expect it. This loss has made me feel compelled to thread on a subject that I can only hope will help those who read it.
I will call it, "The Price of Life"

I want to thank you and all those who invested a moment of thought or concern in this thread for Borris. With tears again I say, he was a fine soldier and friend. He loved babies and puppies. What more need be said.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I cry with you and my heart hurts for you. I lost my best friend last February and the pain still remains but has lessened. I know what you are feeling, I send you lots of love.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I guess I am a proud papa,

A running boy,

Then she came along,

He asked her to marry him and she did. Then it started. She walked all over him and he was blinded by his love.

Constantly nagging him.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

So beautiful and full of love expressed through the lens. Thank you for sharing and how is she doing? Is she grieving too?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

Thank you very much. I guess his wife ( Corly ) she is a pretty strong girl. She has always run the "Roost" from the moment she showed up
I think at this point she doesn't know where he is and we give her so much attention and she sleeps with us at night so it's probably a distraction for her. I know she loves him cause he always let her have his food and do whatever she wanted.. You take care ok? Thank you..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That was heart wrenching, sorry about your dog.

Liked the poem very much.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
That made me cry. I understand your thoughts and feelings completely as I have lost so many beloved pets over the years. Boris is gorgeous! I am sure he is under the rainbow bridge running beneath tall trees with the bright sun shining. I'm sure that you are both grateful for all the years of love and laughter and joy that you have shared together.

My heart goes out to you my friend. You are not alone in your pain and loss.HUGS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I enjoy writing. Good at it or not I guess thats in the passion of the pen and what your driven to say. I appreciate the post and your support. Boris loved being in the middle of everything and he would have loved knowing he was being talked about. Thanks so much .

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I want to truely thank you NightStar for that. We have indeed had some wonderfull times together. I think what is so very difficult is that we were always close together. We traveled together and were never apart for even a day in all the time we had Boris. I too am sorry for your loss or anyone who has lost a living thing. Thank you again and take care..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I harbor alot of pain in my chest and I dont cry often, its hard for me... but i got pretty close reading that... I recently saved a dog that was dumped and found its way to my front door but had to get it picked up and taken to a nearby no-kill shelter...I live with family who have pets and I couldn't look after a big strange dog in that environment... but I still think about him and It breaks my heart... So... that was beautiful & bless you. S+F

-TF

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You only lost your companion from this dimension, but he is not really gone, I want you to know that. My mom had this beautiful cat named Noah, and no one knew that Noah had feline AIDS. One day, he went down hill with his health very quickly. They rushed him to the vet, and Noah died there. Family spent the day crying. That night, or rather, those hours between midnight and morning, different people who resided in mom's house, said they were awoke by a cat walking on them on the bed, (the way Noah would) and sat up and saw nothing. I watched testimonies of NDE experiencers, and several of them said, during their temporary visit beyond the light, where everything is beautiful and peaceful, there were always lots of animals, passed pets, around there. Unlike human ghosts, I think pets dont stick around this side of the light very long, because they are so innocent and without fears of judgement, and the unknown in general.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: correction

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

Hello.. I can't say it enough, how a little bit of kiindness can go a long way. I was thinking how silly it might seem to some people. The fact that I am a Veteran, I have fought for my life, I have patrolled in the night with a gun in hand and wondered if a bullet would hit me that I couldn't see coming. Saying that , I have to admit I still cry like a child everytime I mention his name or think about him.

I know this will pass. I have buried , Mother, Father, Brother, Cousins, Grand Mother, Grand Father, and many friends and pets. It just doesn't seem possible that this happened. I guess it will just take time and thats ok. Thank you again..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What a beautiful tribute.

Do you have a picture?

What kind of dog?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The pictures are in the post above 5 or so from the top.. Thank you very much.. Thank you to everyone..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

What a beautiful dog with obviously a big heart.

What a wonderful story.

Thanks tons for sharing the pics and your story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join