It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS: Using Cash Not Credit Cards Is Highly Suspicious -Video-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't have a credit card. I pay for everything with checks cash or debit. The reason I don't have a credit card is because I neither need nor want a credit card. Am I now suspect when renting a hotel room? Really? What if I simply lost my card, and was paying with cash instead? Isn't my ID still going to be checked in case I trash the room? This video creeped me out quite a bit. Next I feel they'll be taking finger prints every time a transaction occurs.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They don't care about debit cards, you can be tracked via one of those, so your all good

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

refuses to show a credit card

I don't want to pay with a credit card, you accept cash, why do you need to see my credit card?
/logic

Willkommen in der neuen Welt.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I live in Arizona. The entire Mexican-American culture avoids banks, checking accounts, and credit cards. I. Guess this makes them terrorists, eh?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
School children are now being shot for paying for lunches with paper and coin currency

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The gentleman in question was going to be staying for a few weeks. Who on God's green earth has a limit on their card high enough these days to put that kind of charge on it?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This video came out a while back, but it is still as creepy as ever.

I've never had a credit card in my life, and never will. And I do pretty well, own nice things, all paid for with money that I actually had. How is it suspicious to only use money you have, rather than paying with credit/debt?

Just perpetuating the idea that debt = money. Enslavement is freedom. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I've never had a credit card in my life, and never will. And I do pretty well, own nice things, all paid for with money that I actually had.

Same here except for loans my parents gave me as a teen to buy cars (all paid back before I was 18).

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I will never own a credit card, maybe debit because of immediate convenience at times, but never a credit card. Unless I was planning to leave the country for good, then maybe I'd take out a credit card and go on a shopping spree lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by VariableConstant

I've never had a credit card in my life, and never will. And I do pretty well, own nice things, all paid for with money that I actually had.

Same here except for loans my parents gave me as a teen to buy cars (all paid back before I was 18).

Well jeez, aren't you guys just so much better than the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Well jeez, aren't you guys just so much better than the rest of us.

Don't hate me 'cause I'm frugal! Or was.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Debit cards are handy to have.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I always tell folks not to get a credit card but they never listen, majority of people i know are in serious debt because of them, some even have multiple cards! then again there are people that have only one and use it wisely...but they are in the minority.
edit on 17-12-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

then again there are people that have only one and use it wisely...but they are in the minority.

Very true.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I hav one I use for gas and groceries. It's automatically paid so I never incur any interest charges.

The only reason I bother is because I get "points" I can redeem for cash. I make like $500 a year with my credit card.

Guess I'm not their ideal customer. lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
After work one night before I moved I wanted to rent a room so I didnt have to drive home at 2am, since i had to be back at 9am and the hotel would NOT take cash!

I had 500 or so cash on me and they refused to rent me a room unless I had a credit card!

I dont do credit cards. I was raised if you dont have cash for it you don't need it!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Guess not. I'm actually now thinking about signing up.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I hav one I use for gas and groceries. It's automatically paid so I never incur any interest charges.

The only reason I bother is because I get "points" I can redeem for cash. I make like $500 a year with my credit card.

It depends. Different card issuers look for different kinds of customers. Some Visa/MC issuers make most of their money from interest charges, so you would not be their ideal customer. Amex, with its traditional charge card line and higher merchant rate, has a spend centric model. They don't want you to carry a balance, they just want you to spend a lot and pay it off right away.

Credit cards are definitely better than debit cards, if and only if you are financially responsible. The legal protections for credit cards are much better than debit cards, they aren't linked to your checking account, you won't get an overdraft because of a gas/hotel hold, in the case of fraud only the bank loses money, and it just makes good financial sense to give yourself a short term 0% loan every chance you get. Why should I spend my money when I can spend the bank's money, and let my money earn interest for the next 30 days?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is messed up beyond belief. For awhile I was only getting paid in money orders and just paid for everything in cash, like thousands a month never touching a bank account. Guess I'm a terrorist.

More messed up than the cash part, they say to also point out people who are checking in and are nervous or anxious.

So... you have something in your personal life that your nervous or anxious about? Your a suspect.
Just got dumped by your girlfriend and are upset and anxious? Suspect
Have an anxiety, bi polar, or other mood disorder that is acting up? Suspect

IMO most "real" terrorists probably believe what they are doing is right, and when you feel that way you act calm and deliberately. People who are openly "suspicious" acting are those maybe doing something illegal(ie drugs, not a DHS issue..) or just have an issue, but I would say are not the profile of a real terrorist.

DHS - I
at you, I don't take you seriously at all, your a joke.
edit on 17-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join