It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica. Not allowed full image on Google map.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Can someone please check Antarctica on Google map? I have tried 4 times and I am allowed only a quarter view.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Oh of course not. We can't let people see all those telescopes and goings on now can we? It's doing the same thing on my pc too. I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They dont image it....something to do with the magnetic field i believe...and there is nothing to see apart from miles and miles of snow.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

They dont image it....something to do with the magnetic field i believe...and there is nothing to see apart from miles and miles of snow.

and dont forget about santa. we dont wanna spoil the surprise, do we?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Hmm... so what? I want to see it. if i can google the pub by my house, i want that view. curious.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Oh of course not. We can't let people see all those telescopes and goings on now can we? It's doing the same thing on my pc too. I don't know what to make of it.

Is that so? im glad it not just mine. hmm.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

there is nothing to see apart from miles and miles of snow.

Thanks for the factual opinion. Unless you've mapped and seen all of Antarctica, I don't know how you can be so certain. You can't be certain, but you are. Have fun with that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

there is nothing to see apart from miles and miles of snow.

Thanks for the factual opinion. Unless you've mapped and seen all of Antarctica, I don't know how you can be so certain. You can't be certain, but you are. Have fun with that.

Yes! very curious post. nothing to see here. move along...move along!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is complete utter BS, I wonder how many secret bases their are. No ordinary person wants to live in Antarctica its the perfect place for secret operations. Sure they have a HANDFUL of scientist that study stuff but its very secluded from the public. If they cant take zoomed in images then how did they take this one?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I noticed on Google eath before that anartica looks odd also. Big circle that looks very odd.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have tried 6 times now with refresh ,but nothing works. Any computer experts able to?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure about other arctic countries, but north to Greenland is also now just a white blur of nothing.
(anyone remember the large yellow object there on google earth? Nothing except white, and a very small portion of land with detail, in the SW corner)

Just for the halibut, there are some more clear google earth shots of Antarctica in here

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I heard, on this forum actually, that satellites cant orbit the poles.
As it would cause their orbit to decay, and crash

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reef75

Wrong pole!

Santa lives at the North Pole.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

To which i reply...SWAMP GAS AND WEATHER BALLOONS!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I have tried 6 times now with refresh ,but nothing works. Any computer experts able to?

They do not have full detailed pictures of Antarctica, only small sections. You have to zoom in then look for the miss colored squares and zoom in on those.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

Thats not quite true.
I think you'll find that the satellites that have taken the images do have a high "polarish" inclination, but it isnt 90 degrees. After a search, you'll probably find its about 85 degrees.
Why? Because the people who put them up there dont care about photographing miles and miles of snow.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

This is complete utter BS, I wonder how many secret bases their are. No ordinary person wants to live in Antarctica its the perfect place for secret operations. Sure they have a HANDFUL of scientist that study stuff but its very secluded from the public. If they cant take zoomed in images then how did they take this one?

He didnt say zoom in. .

The satellites cant go directly over the center of Antarctica due to magnetic field causing disturbance, therefore no satellite imagery of Antarctica. Im not calling him out, but Phage gave a brilliant explanation of this matter on a previous thread.

Or maybe every satellite company out there, in the whole world is conspiring to keep a secret from us, on the same agenda, Pakistan, India, China, America, Britain and many more are all on the same agenda of keeping a secret from us by not letting their satellites picture Antarctica. Theres more chance of you shting gold nuggets than all space countries uniting on the same agenda

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Do you have the coordinates to that place? I can't seem to find anything on google earth in Antartica. Thanks in advance

edit on 14-12-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well it was rumored back in WW2 that the Germans send U-boats all around the world and set up a secret base on Antarctica, so one day they could rise again and take over the world (no joke). The United States took it so seriously that we sent troops there to investigate whether or not it was true.

<<   2 >>

join