It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we already been to Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If we accept that man [governments] have hidden technology, then I ask if we have already been to Mars?

Or, did we go there and get sent back [e.g. Phobos].

Mars gate would be amazing if proven, but I do wonder if we’ve already visited that most mysterious of planets. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

Any opinions?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Phobos is one of Jupiter's moons. Not sure if you were inferring that it belonged to Mars, or that you were talking about space exploration in general. As for the idea... I don't know. I doubt it though. What makes you think were any more organized out in space than we are here. We cant even keep a drone from crashing (hate to bring that up in discussion), let alone take manned missions to other planets and back.. But again it is plausible, and just my take on it.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
your link is not working

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

I think so but those who have dont have registered soc or general populace tags on them to be researched.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
Phobos is one of Jupiter's moons. Not sure if you were inferring that it belonged to Mars, or that you were talking about space exploration in general. As for the idea... I don't know. I doubt it though. What makes you think were any more organized out in space than we are here. We cant even keep a drone from crashing (hate to bring that up in discussion), let alone take manned missions to other planets and back.. But again it is plausible, and just my take on it.

Jupiter has many, many moons; Phobos is not one of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008

Phobos is a moon of Mars,my friend.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh! Well you learn something new everyday. Sorry, and thank you for the correction.. Embarrassing to say the least.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

Jenny, actually Phobos is a moon/satellite of Mars, OP is correct in that.

As far as have we been there? It would not surprise me in the least, if you listen to John Lear the answer for Mars would be yes as well as quite a few other destinations.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

Jenny, actually Phobos is a moon/satellite of Mars, OP is correct in that.

As far as have we been there? It would not surprise me in the least, if you listen to John Lear the answer for Mars would be yes as well as quite a few other destinations.

Can you give me further information on John Lear?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who's Jenny? Im no female man. Jeenyus as in genius..

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Where did they launch from and where did they land upon return? Haven't heard of other countries monitoring a vehicle return or an unknown heavy lift vehicle launching a mission without some kind of explanation, even spy satellite launches are mentioned most times.

Not a lot of RAO's or dishes out there reporting on unusual communication nor visual confirmation of a Martian mission.

Its a long mission just in travel and a small window of launch opportunities. Should be kind of easy to match any un named launches with a window of opportunity. With the technology involved to make a such long journey successful it must have been a fairly recent event so that would narrow a search even more.

Will research into those launches.
edit on 14-12-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Saturn has a moon named Phoebe, that may be what caused some confusion.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

AWWW, very friendly of you....

And your opinion on the thread question?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was hoping you would come here and clear some things up. Thank a lot Illustronic, you seem to know quite a bit about space exploration.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

AWWW, very friendly of you....

And your opinion on the thread question?

Absolutely not! A year and a half of travel with marginal radiation shielding means its not technologically survivable as yet. This is one of the primary functions of the ISS, to research and study radiation shielding in the relatively safe confines of LEO. We don't yet have the technology to make that trip, and nobody is 'hiding' it either. We went to the moon because it was at most a two week mission(s), not a two year mission.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Mars takes about two earth years to orbit the sun, and that is largely why at the current speed we travel that a Mars trip would be closer to two years in duration, so the trip traverses the least amount of space between earth and Mars possible. Although there are possible slingshots a trip could take if Mars was opposite the sun from earth if Venus was in a good spot, but I doubt anyone would want to get anywhere near the orbit of Mercury, there is no shade in space, keeping things from overheating directly facing the sun is more of an obstacle that the cold in space is. That's why space probes spin, so equipment doesn't always face the sun. Even the probe going to Jupiter, JUNO.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Absolutely not! A year and a half of travel with marginal radiation shielding means its not technologically survivable as yet. This is one of the primary functions of the ISS, to research and study radiation shielding in the relatively safe confines of LEO. We don't yet have the technology to make that trip, and nobody is 'hiding' it either. We went to the moon because it was at most a two week mission(s), not a two year mission.

Are you sure we don't already posses the technology and that this technology is not being "hidden"?

While there are countless books that speak of such technology there is one that I know of that has done some extensive research into this very area.

Have you read Paul LaViolette's book Secrets of Anti-gravity Propulsion?. Thomas Townsend Brown's work in the 1950's on his Electrogravitic Propulsion was years ahead of it's time. Also in the book LaViolette investigates how the US Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bomber's highly classified propulsion system works.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I tend to agree with Illustronic, but that doesn't mean that we are not on our way to achieving this. I personally think if we were going to other planets/moon's then it would be leaked at the very least(and probably debunked). The space race is a good example. Everyone wants to be the first, and would most likely make it known. I hate talking like this though because it is all speculation regardless and is up for grabs. If it happens in our lifetime sweet! If not, :\ it won't kill me.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer

Are you sure we don't already posses the technology and that this technology is not being "hidden"?

While there are countless books that speak of such technology there is one that I know of that has done some extensive research into this very area.

Have you read Paul LaViolette's book Secrets of Anti-gravity Propulsion?. Thomas Townsend Brown's work in the 1950's on his Electrogravitic Propulsion was years ahead of it's time. Also in the book LaViolette investigates how the US Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bomber's highly classified propulsion system works.

This is the feeling i get and that its been possible for decades.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've been scolded by a friend of a friend for not believing him when he said there are 5 million people living on mars right this moment.

aren't convincing me bud.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join